Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone, had a bit of feedback from the conversations i sent out last week so just wanted to highlight a couple of things as a reminder to everyone, new and old members.....

1. We all want fast clean racing. The last few seasons this has been achieved !
    2. That doesnt mean we pull over to let people through, but if you lose the line for a corner then give it up and continue the fight later in the lap/race.
    3. CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS ! Side by side racing is exciting, and some door to door contact can be expected. Using other cars as a 'brake' is not looked on favorably, and you should give the position back if the pass isn't a clean one.
    4. Rear ending people to gain positions WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY if you don't give the position pack. Its pretty simple ! If you have a run in the draft and they defend the inside line, you might have to go round the outside, or set something else up !
    5. You must keep 2 wheels on at least the ripple strip at all times. CORNER CUTTING TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY ! One or two mistakes are acceptable, any more can be seen as cheating. A few of the tracks don't penalize for this (Redbull ring is one example) so we will outline any problem tracks before the round.
    6. PLEASE DONT RAGE QUIT. Show some respect for your fellow racers and the league. If you are having a bad night, think of BJ, tends to put things in perspective ! Park it in the pits till the end of the race. Quitting the room could also affect room stability with the full grids.
    7. If there is an issue in a race please dont blow up and abuse anyone. Submit a protest to the room captain and one of the mods. We will sort out any driving infringements behind the scenes.

Please be on time for the race lobby guys (and girl !). We can generally give 10 minutes leeway if you let everyone know, or if there are issues with connections etc. I think if there is no word by 8:30 the race is entitled to start. Remember we have drivers from all over Australia and New Zealand so we need to be mindful of everyone.

Finally, cant stress enough, drive clean.....redress if you need to so the mod team dont get on here Monday morning and have 43 protests because drivers have done the wrong thing;)

Have a great season guys, should be a cracker.

mod team
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    +1!
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    This is my goal too, but its a big call after my performance (lack of!) last season.

I really struggled with the F1. Also, didn't really practice, which for me is a must, to be close to pace. However, theres no GT academy to distract me, and I've learnt a ton racing with you guys in the macca. Lets see what S3 brings :)

Really need to perfect the art of no contact though, still making more contact with other than I want.

My real goals for this season are:

- Stay on the black stuff and no spins.
    - No contact.
  4. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Are we fixed to just using racing hard tyres in race? or can we mix it up a bit this season? I remember reading a discussion somewhere about it, but don't know what the final decision was. I don't get on here enough...
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Race hard only sparkles, with 2 compulsory stops. Wear for most rounds will be on "very fast"
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just a reminder guys I won't be racing the first round of S3 as I'm off to Ipswich with a few of the rooz crew and we won't be back in time so good luck to all and have some good clean racing I'll be back for race 2 .:cool:
  7. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries Blindman, have fun!
    Blindman likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Good luck to everyone in the season opener tonight, it's going to be a great season!

"There is no compromise. You give everything you have. Everything, absolutely everything." -Ayrton Senna.
    garyw61 and groover33 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ups and downs.
    Qualified 4th, was spun off into something like 10th, clawed back up to 6th and set the second fastest lap by about 0.02.
    Blindman likes this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Wait the one who was worried about being off the pace this season was 0.02 off fastest lap :eek:
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done Groover, pole Position and race win. Fastest lap went to DoogleDave.
    [​IMG]
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wow, how bloody slow was I?? Couldn't believe it. I knew I didn't have race winning pace, but I thought I was in with a shot for top 6.

It all went pear shaped when I qualified dead last with a 1:20.2!! WHAT??! a 20.2 gives me dead stinking last! From there it just seemed to get worse even though I was hitting my marks and doing consistent times I just kept seeing the gap get bigger and even the guys just in front of me pull away. After about lap 12 I started to just go through the motions and made a few mistakes here and there sending me backwards to last again after making up a few spots to about 8th or so at one point.

I'm hoping it was just the track, because that was no fun at all. GVER should hopefully bring some better results. I do like that track much better.

Well done to Groover, Doogs and Moozer at any rate, just too fast for us all.
    Jamie, Ad2mny and groover33 like this.
  13. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Don't worry to much disturboed I'll be back next week I'm sure I'll be bringing up the rear .sounds like some good racing though
    disturboed and groover33 like this.
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Good racing to all div 3 guys it looks like all had good pace according to the fastest lap times and congrats to doogle and moozer for the podium. The next race should be closer
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Well done to everyone, what a great start to the season with so many on the grid - fantastic!

Commiserations to you Turbo, I know you're faster than that and look forward to seeing you battling up the other end of the field in the weeks to come.

If I am honest I wasn't feeling it last night but even so I am absolutely stoked at achieving a second place for race 1. My qual times were OK but nothing spectacular which saw me attain 5th on the grid. I managed a reasonable start and held my position for the first few laps until a bit of carnage saw some cars in front of me spun out going through the first tunnel.
    After I made my way through I picked up a position or two and tried to push on to try and catch my team mate (Groover).

In practice I had tested both a 2 and 3 stop race scenario and knew that a 2 stop worked better for me, so I stayed out when a few others dived into the pits around lap 9. My pitstop plan seemed to work well (on laps 13 and 25), and had some good battles particularly with Stumbles, who tested me as we flew around the track as fast as we dared go until I finally managed to get past him.

Thankfully I had a mistake-free race which no doubt contributed in my final placing.

Looking forward to GVE-R now where hopefully team HTO can again secure good points for the championship!
  16. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Me and doogle did the same pit strategy last night and it looks like it paid off for both of us claiming a 1st and 2nd spot banking a heap of points for team HTO. Pushing out that first stint helped us by the end of the race having pretty good tyres to still push at the end. I feel bad for moozer being the only one supporting his team last night but he still had a great race starting 2nd then having a bit of trouble in the opening few laps to fall back to 6th only to push his way back to taking 3rd on the podium good race mate hope it's like that again next race I know I'll be looking forward to it.
    Jamie and Ad2mny like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There has been a protest guys, stumbles will have to have a look at the replay.

Finishing positions will be finalized ASAP.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well looks Im the only one from NLR rep'ing in div 3.

Was fairly happy with my first flying lap which ended up putting me in 3rd. I pushed a little too hard for the other laps and kept making little mistakes, so even with less fuel I didn't beat it. Groovers time was amazing, and I knew he was the person to beat.

Race started and I was dueling with moozer a lot, which took any pressure groover might have had off. I'd never done a full race practise, just 10-12 lap sprints. So figured I'd short stint the 1st and then split the remainder.

I put too much fuel in on the first stint, and also made a host of little mistakes (guess already driving for 6 hours was taking its toll on my focus). Ended up doing a massive slide onto the front straight. Fortunately, didnt spin, but I did slow down ~80km, which hurt for that whole straight. Moozer slipped past.

We pit on the same lap (moozer and I), this time I decided to take a little less fuel, as I thought it would be enough. Was gaining on moozer and it was looking like it might come down to the last lap, however with 5 laps to go I realised I wasn't going to make it with fuel. So had to go into fuel saving mode to try and keep my 4th position, crossing the line on vapors.

Well done to groover, and thanks for the gift of letting me lead for a few laps! haha but you were too quick, even with your spin.

Doogle - Mr consistent, and super pace too. I was really hoping to be dueling it out with you again :) Next round its on!

Moozer - Well done too. Definitely kept your cool and got the job done.
  19. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Not a good night for me. Got major damage in a bingle on 1st lap, putting me 20 seconds behind. I aso had some pedal issues and a general lack of pace!

Well done podium, way too fast.
    groover33 likes this.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    When he gets off the golf course!
    Ad2mny likes this.