Division 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Actually Emmo this was only a few years ago! The funniest part was in the hospital when Kart and a another mate were getting the doctor, who stitched up my face and stab wound, to pose beside me to put on Facebook!
  2. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Wowee! Don't get in too much strife this weekend then!!!
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    It's alright mate, I am only jumping out of a plane!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    AWWW YEAH!! Jealous.
  5. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Cleaner, are things really that bad that you need to jump out of a plane? We know you came last in the Willow Springs race, but I dont think it requires such dramatic action as that. There is always the ProState counselling service to turn to in your time of need.
    Blindman, JonoStan96 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    This was a the pub in bathurst and we think it was a girl that beat him up too.! Bahahaha
    Peter Wise likes this.
  7. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Don't be jealous I didn't pack the Shute when he pulls the pull cord all his old dirty jocks will come out and I mean DIRTY.
  8. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well by the sounds of that blindman, if you are talking DIRTY are you sure you didn't pack any sheets from a certain northern city of Australia
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    No mate the only time they were dirty was when I dragged them over your head on the way to the washing machine !
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I am still happy to host if that is what is required. Please make sure you have me as a friend (Ad2mny) as it will be a friends only room. I don't think I have raedonwolf or pinoy yet.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm on target for a late start tonight lol
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    ok I have pinoy and raedonwolf. Room will open around 8ish maybe earlier. (thats vic and NSW time). Unless there are any last minute issues with me hosting.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Thats fine Hatfield, will see you when you get there
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Room open
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok round tonight. Knew from practice I didn't have pace, as with controller I just can't get the power down.
    Had 1 little off first lap on the mediums but was clean for the rest until I was bump passed with 2 to go finishing 7th.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    Final positions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a brilliant race for me. Real white knuckle stuff. Disturboed, jim_aka_theman already had 4 car lengths by turn 4, and I was in the battle for 4th led by emmo, tanktex me then DRZ-Hatfield, ranok3n then raedonwolf. Gave tank a few bumps early until we found our rhythm. Tank nearly rear ended emmo into turn 1 lap 2 and rode the outside wall losing time into the braking area. I managed to slip by turn 2 as he was off line and then a big dive on emmo at turn 7 lost 5th back to tank. Tank clouted emmo at turn 8 lap 3 and I slipped past as he recovered, only to out brake myself at turn 1 and drop 2 places lap 4. Raedonwolf looked threatening for a little bit but I found some consistency again and started reeling in Hatfield. Could see emmo and tank swapping places and slowing each other down which heartened me to think I'd catch them up again. Lap 8 made a pass from a long way back on Hat and somehow pulled it up. I was a little slow on exit but he was stuck on the outside and couldn't get it back. Emmo got loose out the final turn before the banking and I closed right up and it was Emmo's turn to run too hot in, falling behind Hat but recovered well. I ran very wide exiting turn 2, only just managing to keep Hat behind as I rejoined, and emmo slipped past as he hesitated. Pitted end lap 10 and was surprised to see pinoy pit for the second time in as many laps. Scratched my head for a bit on that, kept softs on and put 25 litres in. Came out about 3 corners behind ranok3n and just concentrated on my laps. Felt like an awesome outlap, and passed Hat as he pitted and Jim was just ahead having just come out. Now I had something to aim at I really nailed my corners. Right on his tail lap 13, we passed tank as he pitted, and Jim runs a tad deep into turn 1. I get on the outside turn 3 and just edge ahead to outbrake into 4! I could only assume that he was on meds to be able to pull that off and I slowly pulled away. A big slide out of 8 by Jim opened the gap right up. Emmo was next to stop and I moved up to 4th. Ranok3n ran too deep into turn 4 on badly worn tyres and I moved up to 3rd. Now it was turbo's turn to pit lap 15 and he come out just behind me. Turbo was doing really well on meds and was just 4.5-5 secs behind. As much as I tried I could not pull away. Raedonwolf finally pitted end of lap 15 and I was in the lead. Head down, hit my apexes. A little wide exiting turn 5 lap 18, rear wheel on wrong side of the ripple strip and all four wheels locked up as I broadsided back across the track. A little to early on the gas while on the grass and it just prolonged my slide and I rejoined the circuit after both turbo and Jim zoomed past. Head back down but my final 4 laps on worn softs weren't setting the track alight. It was still enough to reel Jim back in though and on lap 21 I got past at turn 1 into 2nd. Pitted end lap 22 for final stint on mediums. It said to put 19 in but I bumped it up to 25. Jim and emmo zoomed past, then tank just as my car dropped down, and I came back out just ahead of Hat. Pinoy was on a mission in the final laps, and rounded up Hat early lap 26. I kept my eye on my mirror for the next 2 laps as he closed in, and it looked like it was gonna be close in the final few turns, but he ran just a touch wide out the final turn and had to back off, losing his drive. Average result but great race all the same. Well done to turbo, emmo and Jim for making the 1 stop work.
    Tanktex, Jim_aka_The_Man and emmo46 like this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This was a really good race for me, I qualified 6th with a 37.6 and got a good start to get ahead of Ad2 before turn 1 and then wrestled 4th off Tank through the first three bends. Tank wasn't satisfied with 5th though and was all over me trying to wrestle 4th back.
    Turbo, Pinoy and Jim started to pull away as Tank and I disputed 4th for the first few laps with it all nearly being undone for me when Tank rear ended me in turn 8 and sent me spearing sideways across the apex headed for the wilderness on the exit of the corner. Luckily I managed to stay on the black stuff and gathered it up to retain the position. The battle between Tank and I allowed Ad2 and Hat to catch us and I could see them swarming all over the back of Tank, they must have made it very uncomfortable for him as he tried to prise 4th place from my steely grip.
    After a few laps I had an oversteery moment entering the oval and tank and Ad2 got by me and Hatfield also got ahead of me for a couple of corners. At about lap 8 I decided all this was not playing well to my strategy and decided to just sit back and follow
    Tank and Ad2 to see what panned out as I suspected they may be on a two stopper and that would give me their places back as I was doing a one stopper.
    Eventually one by one the two stoppers started to pit and I could feel things starting to fall into place. I originally planned to do 14laps on the soft but the early race battles wore my tyres and I had to pit at the end of 13. By that stage I had cycled up to 2nd behind Turbo.
    I was surprised Turbo was still there as I thought he would be two stopping for sure. After my pit stop I fell back to about 7th I think but as some of the two stoppers did their second stops I moved up to 4th behind Turbo, Jim and Ad2. I was closing ever so slowly on Ad2 who in turn was closing on Jim.
    Ad2 got by Jim but then pitted a few laps later which put me to third. I wasn't sure if Jim had to stop again and I closed on him with about 5 laps to go. I was weighing up whether to risk my third place (first podium for ages) or just settle in behind him and wait to see if he pitted again. He was really struggling so I went for it and after a brief battle managed to claw 2nd out of his grip and then settled into a rhythm to the flag. My lap time in the race was the slowest of all but I'm still happy with my performance and really enjoyed the close racing..
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey, I didn't finish lap one in last place for a change. :)
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was a 7/10ths of a second off the pace in qualifying and my FL in the race was a second off the winner so I'm pleased I finished only 15 seconds behind the winner. :)
    Congratulations to Turbo as well, excellent race/pace mate.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It was good to see you up front for longer than a lap!

It's been a while since we've had a good dice it was great fun.
    emmo46 likes this.