Division 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I really had a good race. Not sure how things will pan out next week, my effort on lap 1 in our little race at bathurst last night where I took out the whole field when I spun in front of them heading into skyline:eek:. Don't want to repeat that next week.:oops:
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Mediums are going to be hell here. So many crests and accelerating turns. I'm getting nice little slides at the fast left kink before Brock's skyline. Could get hairy.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, there are lots of places where you can come unstuck, I'm struggling in the longer corners where I'm tending to drift too wide, especially across the top of the mountain through those two long lefts heading to skyline.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Indy results pending. Protest under investigation.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oh, I think I'm in the clear??
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I don't think I can say until results are confirmed. The involved party(ies) will be aware though.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That must make me in the clear, phew, although my conscience was clear.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Hatfield Hey Hat, are ya doin' one of those lap chart things this week, I really like them. It's interesting to see where people pitted etc.
    Mario likes this.
  9. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    A real battle of a race...
    Emmo and Ad2many with myself had some of the most competitive racing ive been in this season it was extremely enjoyable and finished with no one of track or oil spilt.
    Certainly a bit of panel rubbing and paint swapped as each racer worked hard to gain the edge.
    Thanks to all in Div 4 was a great way to spend sunday night.
    Congratulations to the podium to good in the end.
    Well looking forward now to Mt Pano'DRAMA' should be epic.
    Jim_aka_The_Man, WAC, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ooooh yeahhhhh. First win since Spa in the Macca, was pretty pumped with it!
    In the pre-qualifying session I came straight out and knocked out 2 PB laps in a row getting down to 1.36.5xx which was gratifying, and I almost mirrored it come qualifying with a nice (if not a little scrappy) 1.39.9xx on my 3rd lap. The times started to drop off so I was debating whether to pull in for some new shoes and do a mad one lap dash to cover my time. At the 7 minute mark I sailed past the pit entry still debating whether to go in or not, and by then it was too late to do the stop, out lap and one timed lap. Soon after though, Jim pulled in and came out for a last chance screamer and it was a nervous wait as Ad started the race watching the countdown go down, and thankfully the positions didn't change!! Yippee, 2nd pole of the season!

I had formulated a plan and was going to stick with it no matter what happened. Got a good start off the line and despite a small tap into Turn 1, held my position into the following corners. Jim had jumped into 2nd and was right behind me and was always just there. Pinoy was climbing all over him, so I was able to build just a tiny little gap. The gap was no more than 2 seconds for several laps and I just kept thinking don't worry about building a gap, just maintain it to conserve the tyres. Luckily, the guys behind me started to have little wiggles and outbrakes which gave me a little more breathing room.

I was a little surprised to see people start to pit from lap 8 onwards and I just kept on motoring. I was still doing 1.39's well into my stint and it was only the last couple of laps it started to feel a bit slidey and I pitted on schedule at the end of lap 14. I was quite surprised to only lose 2 spots though, first to a yet-to-stop Radeonwolf and 2nd to Ad2mny and I came out ahead of Jim & Tanktex. On the fresh mediums I was able to keep pace with Ad and was chasing down Radeon on his worn softs a couple seconds a lap. Radeon pitted a few laps later, and I had closed the gap to Ad to about 2 seconds, and the next lap he had a spin leading into Turn 5 which gave me back the lead.

From there I just drove on making sure not to lose it all and soon enough the gap was out to 15 seconds and by about lap 22 I realised Jim was going to the end on his mediums (from lap 9) and emmo was also closing on him fast on fresher mediums.

Fantastic result for me (despite AO being out this week, I feel I had good pace all race). Well done to Emmo on snatching 2nd place and also epic drive to Jim on the super worn mediums. Bathurst will certainly be providing some entertainment next week.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yes I got the replay, but the handbrake was inspecting telemetry (wife using the laptop) so I will try to get it done tonight.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok, officially the protest has been dismissed and the driver(s) are satisfied with the decision.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bathurst is going to be a real test in this car. It has everything this car does not do well - braking while turning, downhill braking, downhill braking while turning, normal turning, normal braking, uphill accelerating, turning while accelerating, turning while off the throttle, did I mention turning, braking and accelerating? Good luck!!
    skywalker, Blindman, Bluemoon and 3 others like this.
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    The upcoming race is the endurance race, so we will start earlier so that we won't end too late.
    Qual start: 8:20pm AEDT
    Race start: 8:30pm AEDT, 8:00pm ACDT, 7:30pm AEST, 7:00pm ACST, 5:30pm AWST (will wait for Hatfield until 8:45pm)

Please be in the room 10 minutes before.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks again guys
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Going to the Victorian Cruise for Charity this Sunday, hopefully be back in time though. Really looking forward to this round.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Oi dumbass that's next weekend!!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Who you calling a dumbass carnt?! Why don't you pull your head in and prove yourself on the track instead of mouthing off?