Division 4 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well done @AOCleaner74
    Your BJH ROC Invite will be in the mail soon. Keep an eye on your inbox.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  2. Mario

Mario New Recruit

PSN ID
    pinoy350
    great championship win AOCleaner, very consistant , hope to race with you again when I find more pace ;)
    AOCleaner74 and Blindman like this.
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hey Mario you might have to join us on Friday nights in our prostate academy and beer nights driver training ...?
    AOCleaner74 and Mario like this.
  4. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Great season win AO well deserved indeed clearly the fastest to.
    Mario far to quick in the slippery Monza hats of to you.
    Well was an enjoyable challenging series and I feel its helped improve my GT6 racing online skills hugely.
    Big thanks to Raceonoz crew what an awsome effort.
    Thanks to all in Div 4 you are all a very clean fast professional bunch.
    Look forward to catching all trackside again soon:thumbsup:
  5. Mario

Mario New Recruit

PSN ID
    pinoy350

great championship win AOCleaner, very consistant , hope to race with you again when I find more pace ;)
    Hey Mario you might have to join us on Friday nights in our prostate academy and beer nights driver training ...?

Yeah maybe , flick me the details n I'll see if I'm available
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Did you run out of fuel Jim?
    I tried to give you some speed there, but it was like hitting a brick wall lol
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Yeah, no fuel. Noticed that I'd be short just as I was crossing the line to start the last lap, d'oh!

Awful night of 'racing' (if you could call it that) from me, Lap 1 was great, after that another story. I think I counted 7 short-cut penalties, a pit-lane 'speed limit' penalty, and run out of fuel. It never rains, it pours.

Looking forward to a new year, new car and new challengers. Stay safe over the festive season everyone.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well done for the title AOCleaner. Could have been last season if your connection had been as good. Congrats anyway and piss off so us regular div4'ers have a chance up the front... ;).
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There's more coming up from Div 5 and possibly Div 6 Jamie, so don't get your hopes up, there might even be some come back from Div 3 to rain on our parade.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Despite the fact I was outclassed again this season I have had some enjoyable races. Last night was looking like I was going to have a lonely race at the back again after I had to pit twice after forgetting to put SS tyres on at my first stop. Luckily for me Rano was on the edge of my screen and a distant speck at the end of the long straights. I concentrated on closing on him and he obliged by going off at the second chicane. I got in front but for a few laps he shadowed me very closely and even got by when the tail stepped out near the end of the curva grande. He gave the spot back with a little mistake after a few laps and then fell away a bit.
    I had a mad scramble when I ran off into the grass on the right approaching the first chicane on the last lap and I was frantically trying to sort it out as he came roaring down the straight, I managed to get it out of the sand and eventually pointed in the right direction with just enough gap back to be comfortable again. Rano put a couple of very good passes on me during our battles that he should be proud of. I was counting on him running in too deep but he judged it just right and took the places cleanly. At one stage we ran side by side from just out of Ascari all the way to the first chicane. How he hung on around the outside of the last corner amazes me.
    Poor Jim ended a splendid campaign by running out of fuel and gifting me 7th place on the last lap.
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny and Peter Wise like this.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I have always enjoyed Monza and rain, but it's not to be this time around. It didn't help when my wheel mount came loose on lap one, and I had to support it for the first stint. I tried to fix it during the pit stop, but that didn't work and I gave up and stopped to get it right. That probably cost me 30s in down time. Oh well. But it was a good race at the beginning with ad and raedon. :)

Code:
        Driver            Time    Best lap
    01. pinoy350        43:57.951 1:56.016  (pole+fastest lap)
    02. AOCleaner74       +10.904 1:56.285
    03. Tanktex           +19.610 1:56.353
    04. disturboed        +28.374 1:56.112
    05. raedonwolf      +1:17.139 1:58.417
    06. Ad2mny          +1:18.093 1:56.944
    07. emmo46          +1:50.109 1:58.790
    08. ranok3n         +2:06.442 1:58.478
    09. Jim_aka_TheMan  +2:06.914 1:56.936
    10. X-3vi1m00n      +2:59.656 1:59.839

Code:
    Fastest laps
    01. 1:56.016 pinoy350      
    02. 1:56.112 disturboed      
    03. 1:56.285 AOCleaner74     
    04. 1:56.353 Tanktex         
    05. 1:56.936 Jim_aka_TheMan
    06. 1:56.944 Ad2mny           
    07. 1:58.417 raedonwolf        
    08. 1:58.478 ranok3n  
    09. 1:58.790 emmo46          
    10. 1:59.839 X-3vi1m00n      

SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was wondering where you got to. I was surprised you hadn't passed me when I pitted on lap 7 and 8. Everybody else was way ahead of me after that but you were still nowhere in sight.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Bluemoon likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Like Jim, I felt my first lap went well, but it was downhill from there. Too deep in the second chicane complex lost me touch with the front runners, and then the pack I wanted to stick with walked away as I gained penalties and little off track scares. Had planned to pit early to jump on softs but when I saw the times pinoy was doing on the mediums I thought 'why bother, can't match that even on softs!' I saw AO briefly again as he come out the pits and he took about 3 corners (the first chicane) to get back by with a little kiss on the cheek as he went by. Pitted lap 9 and had raedonwolf on my case in the final stint. Really concentrated on my laps, stopped checking my speeds in the turns and cranked out some low 58's then a 57.XXX PB. Had a good gap behind and was closing on Jim but not fast enough. Start of last lap, resigned to 6th, mind off the job for a split second and massively outbraked myself into the first chicane. All my hard work undone as I feathered the throttle to try get out of the sand. Just as I come onto the circuit raedonwolf come past and by the time my tyres weren't sliding he had about 2.5 seconds on me. Really attacked the next few corners and slowly pulled him back in trying to regain my 6th place. We come up on Jim as he was putt-ing around with no fuel at Ascari. So now it was 5th I was racing for. Little bit of draft on the back straight, closing in the parabolica, lots of draft on the straight but just missed out. DAMMIT!!
    Peter Wise and AOCleaner74 like this.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Me a 56.9? How the hell did I manage that? Must have been when I wasn't looking lol.
  16. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Quali did sort of go as planned for me as I knew Pinoy was mighty quick all week. Was a little surprised to start ahead of Turbo, so it was a front row start with Jim and Tank close behind ( worse case scenarios were running thru my head!):D Obviously played more of a part than I had hoped as I fell back to 4th at the start before Turbo? got a penalty and I was in behind Jim and Pinoy. Closed right up on Jim after getting a good run out of the parabolica and made my move. Jim out braked himself defending which gave me a little breathing space. By this time Pinoy had a 5 sec lead so I then worked on bringing the gap down, which I did to 2.5 secs until I had a bad lap and it was up to 7 sec before I pitted.
    As I exited the pits I could see Ad coming up close down the straight. He passed me just before the braking marker ( which we both got a bit greedy and copped a penalty ) but by the 2nd chicane I was on the outside of him under brakes and just squeezed past ( sorry mate, got a massive slide on turn in and we just touched ) Pinoy pitted a lap after me and the gap was down to 6 sec. I worked hard to close it down, but I could see he was lagging heaps in front of me, so I just decided to worry about my own race. I did get the gap down to 2.5 sec again but then I noticed we had some prying eyes join the room in the form of Blindman and my team boss CAGM and I hit the barrier just before the first chicane:confused: After that I just cruised home knowing I would be celebrating my first championship!
    Bad luck to Jim on missing out on 2nd in the championship after a dreadful race, but big congrats to Tank on a great first season!
    Big thank you to everybody for an exciting season and I wish you all the best:thumbsup:
    SPL Racing, Blindman, Tanktex and 2 others like this.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The contact was nothing AO, just a brush, thought it would upset your car more than mine.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I surprised myself with some of those passes, but this car gives you a fair level of confidence sliding the rear out.
    That side-by-side action on the last corner was pretty fun :)
    Shame I couldn't keep the battle going for longer than a few laps.
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Congrats on the championship AO it was just a matter of time and Internet stability before you took it out. Looks like a promotion for you next season. Well done mate
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I qualified third on the grid which was right at the lower end of where i wanted to be, knowing i had been faster on a full tank of fuel was a little frustrating but anyhoo.
    I knew I could beat AO off the line as I had been in several practice races through the week, but bloody Jim!! Holy smokes that guy had the starts nailed in this car and drew side by side with me as we split AO down the middle of us. Leading into the first chicane I had the inside line and was just ahead, I could have forced my line through there but allowed Jim to go around to avoid any grief, believing I would get him back soon enough. On the exit to the second chicane though I screwed up got a 3 sec shortcut and dropped all the way back to 6th.
    Made up a spot as Ad went deep and then Tanktex got a penalty in the final chicane so I had a run on him down into the parabolica. Side by side with him on the inside. I braked fractionally earlier and as he went deeper into the corner I was able to cut back in onto the inside of the corner powering on earlier and we went up the straight almost dead level. He backed off a little at the 1st chicane, letting me through first.
    I was going to pit at end of lap 7, but did an extra lap for good measure (glad I did as I don't think I had enough fuel left for one extra lap), put in 56L almost forgetting to change to softs at the same time. Next lap around I was able to jump back into third place with the undercut working very well.
    Had some good battles with Jim and Tank. Tank was right up there with me in 4th, the gap would be increasing and decreasing all the time as he or I made a little mistake here and there. On lap 19 he got a slightly better run out of the 2nd lesmo and was literally on my bumper coming up the final chicane and as he was manouvering to do an inside move, as I braked there was the slightest of touches (the replay barely shows it) and I went sideways one way, then the other off into the sand. Tank got out of shape too, but managed to get out quicker and continued on. I must admit I was going to protest this but decided against it as there would be no difference in final standings had the positions remained unchanged.
    Crossed the finish line in fourth and finished the season in a disappointing 5th, I thought I would have finished a position or 2 higher, but my poor bathurst result killed it.

Gratzulations to AO for the championship and also to the podium getters, well done guys.

What a good season though, from taking the first pole @ Nurburgring, to the disaster of Laguna, some decent results in the mid season and of course the win at Indy Road. Enjoyed this car. Let's see what 2015 brings us all!
    Tanktex and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.