Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    CPTNPEACH and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  2. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I may not race tonight, iv had a huge day racing motorcross and don't think I'd be able to concentrate for more than half the race haha but good luck to all and I look forward to next season with you lot again :)
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'm feeling the same, been out on the motorbike all day, Healesville, Black Spur, Warburton. Clocked up nearly 300k's of twisty's. :sleep:
    Ad2mny and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  4. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Good stuff man yea I rode from 11am till bout 6pm and now I'm just absolutely stuffed haha
  5. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    You are an extra couple hours behind too, doesn't help at all.
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    As if spinning out on lap 5 and ending up in the pits wasn't enough, get to lap 20 and my internet dropped out :(
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I came into turn 3 to see Grassies and turbo sitting in the middle of the track I hit one of them and my screen went black. I reset my PS3 and now it won't even connect to the Internet. Had a great battle with Ad for a few laps but I was in conserve mode for the 2 stop strategy. Not the way I wanted to end the season. Thanks everyone for another season of great racing.
    grassies, Watto64 and Ad2mny like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Great racing tonight. Was just not fast enough on my hard stints to make a 3 stopper work like it did for my teammate. Somehow pulled of a pass on SPL early in the race going up and over the hill in the first sector, but then I could not shake him off (great racing). Saw Stumbles pit lap 5 and was wondering what was going on lol. Stuck to my strategy, 14, 28 and then to softs on lap 40. No more passes, posted my fl on my Hards in the second stint of 50.2, then a 47.3 I think on the softs. Passed tank running too long on his softs and skidding from wall to wall on the final lap finishing 5th.

Well done grassies, Watto and turbo!
    JonoStan96, grassies, Watto64 and 3 others like this.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was surprised with my podium result tonight, given the distinct lack of practice I had over the last 2 weeks.
    Sneakily watched everyone enter the track on hards for quali (except for grassies and Jim), and decided for the first time this season to start on the softs. Mainly though it was because I had absolutely no friggin idea how long they would last.

Got second on the grid but was a massive gap of about .6 of a second to grassies' pole time.

The 3 of us on the softs just took off and left the others in the dust. Grassies started to build a lead and kept going, while Jim was working hard at keeping me honest behind me. By about lap 7 or so the gap to the leader was about 5-6 seconds and when Jim and I rounded the final corner onto the main straight we greeted by a cloud of smoke and grass as grassies had spun out and stopped dead. I then lead the race leading up to the first pit stop at the end of lap 11. By this time grassies had caught right back up to my tail and pitted with me. Jim on the other hand kept on going.

After working out a strategy on the fly based on the when everyone else was pitting, I did a 13 lap stint on the hards, trying my hardest to keep grassies at bay, some great racing there. Pitted on end lap 24, with grassies again following me in. He made a wise move and short fuelled the car and jumped me in the pits, so i was about 2 seconds behind him on exit. He certainly had superior pace on fresher tyres and made use of the cleaner air to build a bigger gap.

The final stint came about when I pitted end of lap 36, grassies was already 9 seconds up the road, so I turned my attention to the inevitable challenge of Watto who pitted end of lap 39 for his softs. I had been waiting all race for this, and now it was going to happen sometime in the next 9 laps. I was trying to see who else might have come with him, thinking Tank might also pip me for a podium spot.

The charge came on Lap 47, I held him at bay for about 2/3rd's of the lap until he took the outside line of the sweeper in the 3rd tunnel and got me in the braking area of the chicane. I managed to stick right to him and got a draft down the straight and easily could have passed him again, but I backed out of it just in case I overshot my braking zone and buried it in the sand. From there it was just hang on, don't let the tyres explode and cross the line in 3rd spot!! Very pleased.
    grassies, Watto64, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  10. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Unlucky Stumbles, bugger of a way to finish the season!!!
  11. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Nice close, clean racing there in the closing stages. I must admit, I enjoyed hunting you down on softs as you did to me at Fuji. Thanks for a great season!!!
    JonoStan96, grassies and Ad2mny like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Results anyone?
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

From FB page:
    [​IMG]
    DSC's: SPL and Stumbles
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    DSC's first SPL then Stumbles.

Pole and fastest lap grassies I believe.
    grassies likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lol
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks fellas, Does anyone have the lap times
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will get them this arvo mate.
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Thanks to all competitors in Div 4 this season and congratulation to Grassies and Jim on rounding out the top 3.
    Grassies certainly came home strong and picked up 5 fastest laps from 7 starts which demonstrates his speed. Jim was also a huge threat through the season with good consistent lap times and great race pace.

As my first season in ROOZ, I can only compliment the driving skills and etiquette of all drivers in Div 4 with good clean, close racing all season.

Big thanks to the room hosts through the season, we seemed to have very few headaches compared to other divisions and we generally started pretty close to time.

To Stu, the mods and room captains, great job in organising this great racing community, kicking myself I didn't get into it years ago.

See you all trackside in Season 6.

Watto (McCracken27)
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry Emmo won't get them now till late tonight. If anyone else can before I do go for it.