Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Hey Guys Here are results from Round 2 @emmo46
    Also Because of my action on lap 37 entering the tunnel. i made vardz lose speed so i will demote myself to 4th place.
    oblisc Pole Position, Race Winner BL: 1:08:413 (Cleensweep)
    VARDZ31 Started 3rd Race Placing 3rd BL: 1:08:746
    Kart-No1 Started 3rd Race Placing 2nd BL: 1:09:313
    JAKO155 Started 4th Raceplacing 4th (Demoted due to Lap 37 incident) BL: 1:08:544
    Castros Friend Che Started 6th? RacePlacing 5th BL: 1:09:329
    T_VUE Started 8th Finished 6th BL: 1:09:342
    Homebrew Started ?? Finished 7th BL:1:09:014
    Copperj32 Started 5th? Finished 8th BL 1:08:946
    Sooby Scott Finished 9th BL: 1:09:497
    Ostey Finished 10th BL:1:10:281
    Infamous Ozzi 11th DSC BL: 1:11:275
    27_Stoners1 12th DSC BL :1:12.xxx
    Kart-No-1 and CastrosfriendChe like this.
  2. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Im actually going to give up 3rd place to @VARDZ Because i tapped him on lap 37 giving me an advantage
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    My replay showed i started 2nd? Stupid PD
  5. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Jako, apologies for turning in on you at the right hander on the last lap too.

Found that second I had been looking for. I had been changing gear at redline rather than 9 grand.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  6. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well qualifing second was a bit of a surprise as there were several drivers faster than me in practice. Don't know what my qualy time was but it was not my best time, low 9's from memory.
    From the green light we all headed for turn 1 and I was lucky enough to hold position 2 through till Jako made short work of me at the hairpin. Now in 3rd I was falling into the clutches of Copperj and Vardz. An ordinary entry into the tunnel by Jako had myself, Copper and Vardz crawling over each other to grab a position, Copper was the only one who succeeded as he and I swapped paint from the tunnel exit till the hairpin.
    After getting by Copper again briefly I decided that it was probably better to consolidate and make ground on the cars behind in stead of battling for position and costing both of us time. All this by lap 3. It didn't take long for Vardz to catch and pass me on lap 5, again in to the hairpin. I must be slow there. Then I had Homebrew and Castro right on my tail. Suddenly on lap 6 Vardz completely stuffed his approach into the tunnel slamming into the wall as I drove past back into 4th. Over the next few laps I pulled a gap to Vards, must have improved my hairpin, then strangely Copper pitted and I noticed I was gaining on Jako.
    On lap 11 Vardz had a spin that gave me some extra breathing room and on lap 13 Oblisc and Vardz pitted and exited in 6th and 9th. I now had a Hugh lead over those behind and only Jako in front. I pitted on 14 followed soon after by the rest of the field emerging back in 3rd.
    From here was a bit lonely with only me on the map, Jako way ahead Oblisc so far ahead I never saw him again and Vardz a distant 4th. It stayed this way till I pitted again on 28. By lap 30 I could see Vards closing so I concentrated on clean consistent laps to manage the gap as best I could. Then I noticed for some reason Jako had pitted again on lap 34 and he reentered not far behind Vards. I hoped they would hold each other up as Vards gaining fast but it was only 5 laps to go. Concentrate. Next lap the margin was bigger and I relaxed a little. I was going to make it. In the closing stages I lapped scooby, thanks mate for moving off line to allow me to pass, you showed very good pace keeping with me no worries.
    On the second last lap I noticed Jako had got by Vards and closed considerably leaving Vards way behind. it was only after the race I learned of the passing incident, and on review probably should have been redressed on track, but I believe Jako did the right thing post race promoting Vardz to third. Well done mate. With a good couple of seconds over Jako it would take either a super lap from him or a stuff up from me to give up second. Fortunately I held on for my maiden main ROOZ series podium. My lap time weren't great but I had no spins and I think some drivers made pit stop errors.
    Very well done to Oblisc, you were a class above the rest of us all race, and congrats Vardz. Well done everyone else was a great race.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    VARDZ, Oblisc, JAKO155 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    My replay showed this starting order.
    1-oblisc 2-kart 3-copper 4-Vardz 5-Jako 6-home brew 7-t-vue 8-sooby 9-Castro 10-ostey 11-stoners 12-Ozzie.
    CastrosfriendChe likes this.
  8. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Quali ??? I don't recall that. I thought it went straight from practice to race. The screen went black for a while though.

Putting it around on the first lap did me in unfortunately lol
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    It's just an option to go straight from Practice to Race, based on driver times. It means ppl running late or getting disconnected during 'practice' can rejoin. The more formal QF doesn't allow ppl to join.
  10. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
  11. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
  12. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    awesome photos:D
    AJ.Scott, Kart-No-1 and T_Vue like this.
  14. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

How do you extract high res renders like that guys?? They look absolutely amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share with the rest of us. Really cool to see shots of your car racing like that after the event.
    T_Vue likes this.
  15. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Thanks Oblisc.

I've always enjoyed photo mode in GT—I think I'm better at it than driving/racing lol.

Nah, it's really just practice and soon enough you'll get the hang of changing camera settings to get good shots.

I like to make minimal edits, though (mainly to get better colours, contrast, lighting only). I leave the artistic stuff to Photoshop wizards.

Last I heard, Kaz wants to improve photo mode for GT7—looking forward to how it turns out.
    Peter Wise and Oblisc like this.
  16. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

That plus the higher res models and textures is going to make for some near photo realistic screenshots!
    Cant wait!
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Good work again TVue!
    That's what we were missing last season! :mad:
    I blame you! lol :D:D;)
    T_Vue likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  19. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Hey guys,
    Have many of you had a chance to put some time in for the sprint round this week? I did a quick 14 lap race sim last night and I think its going to be a very hard/interesting race! Without a pit stop in a 14 lapper my right hand front was shot by the end of it. Might be a battle of softest on tire usage that wins the first sprint round!
    JAKO155 likes this.
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Haven't done a full stint there yet, what lap times were you getting. I managed a few 1.33's but still need more practice