Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Sounds like an interesting race hosting wise and trace wise. sad that I missed it. I was out for a birthday dinner and couldn't make it back in time. I was an extremely busy week at work too. Too bad though as spa was one of my favourite tracks. Hopefully I will be back next week, and that my net connection improves.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, It looked like you you were going to leave enough room as I was going a lot faster than you as you rejoined. I was surprised you cut across to the apex like that and left me no where to go. It snowballed for me from there as not only did Molch get by while I waited, Footlong came from a long way back to get by me while I was trying to get back up to speed after letting you by.
    So from being momentarily 2nd just behind Vardz I was now 5th. On the next lap Footlong had a half lose in front of me at the big left hander and I had to slow to avoid contact, luckily he ghosted and then speared off the track on the outside as he collected the slide. I powered on but then he swept back onto the track across my bows with a half car overlap and I had to climb the inside kerb at the exit of the corner to avoid contact with him. The kerb sent me into a spin which I initially caught but then it snapped back the other way and I finally skidded to a stop a long way off track and facing the wrong way. Four cars got by me before I got going again, unfortunately three of them were the leading soft tyred runners so I now had no chance against them. The other was rano on hard tyres like me. After those two incidents I had gone from just behind eventual winner Vardz to over 30 seconds behind him. I set about making up for lost time and quickly caught and passed Footlong and got passed cleanly this time, he seemed to be having a lot of troubles. I then set off after Rano and eventually caught and passed him but unfortunately Wolf and Blue were on softs and caught and passed me. It is bitter sweet that I managed to close up about 7 seconds on Vardz after my dramas and I'm sure I would have been all over his butt at the end as I had 2 laps newer tyres than him.
    I had some great racing though, In the early laps I was saving the tyres and it looked like it would pay off as I managed two extra laps on the softs and moved up from 5th to 3rd just behind vardz after the stops. I had gained a lot on the other soft runners from about lap 9 until they pitted.
    I hope to stay out of other peoples trouble next week and maybe get some good points for GRT. I have dropped back to 11th in the points now so a good result in the championship is now gone.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46 it looks like your tyre conservation tactic will only work if you can stay out of other peoples trouble...
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :( yep.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very close and interesting season, with this car and tyres I feel like I can compete over a race distance. I hope to have better luck for the rest of the season after missing race one and then last nights dramas.
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I was trying to get across because I thought I would get there before you and didn't want to impede you by being parked on the outside as you came through the corner. I misjudged it though and you had little choice.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's racing I guess, I'm just looking forward to getting better results for the rest of the season.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    WHAT THA???? 3RD DID YOU SAY
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yup! funny what 25 points does
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Results Round 3 @ Spa 21 laps
    ...Pos.. Driver . Race Time ..... FL
    1. Vardz ... 49'14'364 ... 2'15'487
    2. Randm ..... +4.74 .... 2'14'428
    3. Hats ....... +6.62 .....2'15'145
    4. Molch ...... +6.85 .... 2'16'229
    5. stiff ...... +9.08 .... 2'15'295
    6. JasonD .... +12.81... 2'15'185
    7. BlueXR8 ... +20.80 ...2'15'296
    8. Raedon ... +21.67 .. 2'15'434
    9. Emmo ..... +24.09 .. 2'16'792
    10. Ranok3n . +27.76 .. 2'16'139
    11. Golfer .... +53.65 .. 2'16'416
    12. Eastprey ... +2'02.1 .. 2'19'369
    13. footlong ... + 3 laps 2'15'185
    14. Cab77 .... +14 laps 2'20'566
  12. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Well, glad to see i'm up there, It'll be tough but i'll be working my as$ off to claw my way back up the tables after missing this next race as i've used a drop round on Tokyo... I know i'm quick though, so time to drive my heart out and get at least kinda high in the end tables!!!!! ;)
  13. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Well done vardz. That win should lift your spirits
    VARDZ likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Still don't like the car but it has just confirmed how much I like spa and how consistent I can be around there. Didn't make my first big mistake until lap 18 and was lucky to have only dropped 4-5 seconds
    JonoStan96 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    But you were the first to suggest it lol.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    It's a sweet ride on softs!
    Hards is another story lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Handles like mashed potatoes.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Tested and loved it on RS but it is completely different on RH that's where and why I don't like it
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    you cant make it to easy