Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think he means pit entry speed, I'm guessing around 160.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys,

Just 4 days and the chaos will start.......A couple of things have been mentioned in all the rooms after the meet and greet....To tire regs are now up in the OP. Both Race Soft and Race Hard to be used. Start the race on the tire you qualify on, and you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. Obviously minimum of 1 pit stop. PIT LANE WILL BE CLOSED DURING QUAL AND THE ROOM HOST/CAPTAIN will ask everyone to check you have the right tires before you leave the pits.

1. TRACK LIMITS : This is very clear in our rules and regs. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON OR INSIDE THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty where there is an obvious advantage gained over other drivers. USE YOUR BRAINS !!
    [​IMG]
    Going off track at COPSE and STOWE continually or intentionally to gain advantage will incur a drive through. Running off a few times will be viewed as a mistake, more than that is cheating ! Room captains have been asked to monitor this.

DRIVING STANDARDS : Yes i know i have said this before, but with big grids and close packs PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU GET IT WRONG, or if you take out another driver....everyone knows what we mean by this. It works both ways, dont hit anyone and take advantage to pass, and likewise, dont close the door on someone if they have the line. Simple ;)

Stu
    Easyprey007 and Randm90 like this.
  3. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I think if people run wide at Stowe they should lift before rejoining the track. There is a major advantage there and it is to get caught up as the corner tightens.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Kind of agree, but policing it is the issue.

If someone gains position or gets close enough to make a pass then they will have to refrain or face a penalty if they take advantage....
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would assume that you can use this off track tarmac to take evasive action against for example a divebomb?
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, evasive action is a little different and would have to be looked at on a case by case basis....

In my post above i should have said, "if you make a pass and gain advantage AFTER RUNNING WIDE the driver will face a penalty"
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Blue XR8 has been added to your div guys.

@Bluemoon, @SuiCid3 can you guys please make sure you add him to your list asap...

Cheers stu
    agolfer78 likes this.
  8. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Welcome team mate!
  9. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    very much agreed not only do they get an advantage into the next line 4 corner from making their mistake but the driver behind that do it right lose time & line.. i always get off the throttle & rejoin if i f@#$ up but i wont if thats the rules! i seen it a few times last season on this track same driver 3times:thumbsdown: sprint round
  10. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    sorry i stand corrected im thinkin of 1 turn and the worst i think that could happen is maybe a accidental pit maneuver :unsure:
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Blue XR8 what is the PSN so we can add you before Sunday.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    from the PSN app its blueXR8
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I had a look at the replay after that night stiff and my lap time of the 2 occasions it happened were approx. 4 seconds slower than the lap time either side of when it happened. If you would like me to give you the exact times i still have the replay
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Look for @Blue moon's room tonight guys.

If he's not around then I'll create the room, but I won't be on til around 8ish
    Randm90 likes this.
  16. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Coolio, sounds good
  17. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    Sorry boys Footlong wont b on has no internet atm so he will not b attending tonight's race
  18. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

where is the div 5 room
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Room open for round 1
  20. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member