Division 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i can host for you guys on the 19th if that helps
    i won't be racing as i'm not in the same div

or i'll help @Dev1lman_87 set it up so he can host as he is using the same internet as me and i have no problems hosting the div 5 room @Hatfield
  2. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    with more then 10 drivers on
    Bevo_17 likes this.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I won't be here on Sunday off to USA on Saturday for 10 days for work, have fun guys, and thank you for a good season.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TRACK LIMITS FOR FINAL ROUND.....

ROOZ track limits are defined by the ripple strips and WHITE lines around the circuits.... For the final round at Grand Valley there are 3 places where track limits have been questioned....
    1. PIT STRAIGHT : There is a white line that runs along the pit wall. This line WILL BE ENFORCED if you go outside the line to make a pass. (Between the line and the pit wall). Given the different strategies in play, and the number of pit stops to be undertaken, passing to the right of the line is a disaster waiting to happen for anyone leaving the pits, so therefore passing on the outside will result in a penalty of 10 seconds if not redressed....
    2. EXIT OF SECOND BRIDGE : On the exit of the 2nd bridge there is a car width between the white line and the armco barrier on the left. Drivers ARE PERMITTED to run wide here as there is no real gain to be picked up.
    3. THE FINAL CHICANE : Drivers ARE NOT permitted to use the concrete verge where the whole car is outside the ripple strips as there is some advantage to be gained there. Using this runoff here to gain advantage will result in a MINIMUM 10 second penalty.

Cheers stu
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Dev1lman_87 can you host tonight ? Clevo away and purple not available to race either ????
  7. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    should work out...but maybe Scott will host if Dev1man goes walkabout. I think he put his hand up a few races ago...lets hold him to it if need be lol
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, just post here and ge ready to send out a few psn messages just before race start
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    guys I usually get on at about 8:10 and i know this is the endurance round...but prob gonna get into the room about 8:20 MAYBE at half past! bear with me please, but don't wait forever.
  10. Footlong_warrior

PSN ID
    devil man has a room open now guys
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    [​IMG]
    7th) Bevo_17 DSC'd on lap 27, FL: 1:52.833
    8th) ToranaSS DSC'd on lap 5, FL: 1:51.222
    Pole: sooby_scott
    emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Littleblack didn't run?
  13. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah previosly said he wouldn't be running this race. He'll be back for the rerun next week though.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Three way battle for championship next week then. You and Keiran are only 2 points apart on current adjustments with a 11 point gap back to Littleblack.
    That's Keiran on 104, you on 102 and Littleblack on 91 taking in removal of your lowest results so far.
  15. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah should be a good one, throw in Sooby and anyone else who steps up to the plate next week to throw some spanners in the works...should make for a good race.

Last night...

When is there ever not a hiccup this season lol
    Qualified in 2nd place. Felt like an eternity for the race to start to find only 4 of 8 guys showing up on grid.
    Moving fairly quickly to a restart all 8 of us show up on track BUT what the hell...we didn't line up in our grid positions...and i didn't have time to type lol...so was pushed to the back of the grid. I think everyone bar Sooby was shifted around? Next time, we've got to remember to come out of the pits and slowly line ourselves up etc. so QF means something.

Worked my way up to 1st by lap 15. Had a healthy gap of about 14-16 seconds. Then at some point I found the backrunners. It was unfortunate in that I came up on Devi1man on that fast sweeping S bend, just as you came a little unstuck, I had little time to move myself out of the way so also came unstuck, thankfully not spinning. Unlucky. Gap went down to 8 seconds. Later on one of my three pitstops the backrunners drove back past me and on lap 30 Kieran caught me on the first corner, right when I caught back up to Devi1man again.

To be honest, I'm usually the backrunner, and I've stuffed up before not getting off the race line (I recall BJ rear ending me once in the F1 McLaren - kinda funny - it was so stupid - but he had a huge lead at the time) but as soon as Kieran passed me Devi1man you were stuck in front of me for a good lap there, and his gap grew to at least 30 seconds and then some. I do reckon when I came up on you and also Stigz...your pace was good, you just gotta know when to hold off. Won't say I was going to grab 1st, but it just made the result a disappointing 2nd. lol live and learn. I don't think I've ever actually performed well in any endurance race we've had in this league till last night.

I've always found being a backrunner a tough one. You've got your own race to race...trying to catch someone, maintain a position of some kind, and then these bloody front runners want you to ease off the gas a bit so as to not impede them...losing crucial seconds of your own. Bastards. I did always like trying to tail them though for a long as I could...just to see if any of their ingame skill can rub off a bit. How they take corners, what speeds on entry etc till they eventually leave us in the dust.
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and Peter Wise like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Close finish...Well done Casto
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It isn't over yet. there's a rerun of Fuji this weekend.
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    oh forgot about that....pressures on you now castro...lol
    CastrosfriendChe likes this.
  20. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Let's hope I can beat stig and purple if they race