Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Week Night League' started by Rolz, Jan 29, 2020.
Dang... Away for work atm, can we do it again next week too pleeeease?
I have binned it more times than not on the dipper, definitely a very hard challenge for stability, but I'll be there!
Could I suggest a race at 6am with a 3x multiplier instead of a night race?
Sadly I’ll miss this as well due to work and some other stuff
I have an Oculus Rift and I've got my settings to the point where I feel it matches what I get in AC and I'm very happy with it. That wasn't the case before v1.2 though. I cannot go back to screens even with VR's reduced resolution. For me my brain is getting a lot more information in VR than through triple screens, especially with true 3D and real-world sense of scale so it more than makes up for the lower res. But people are different and only time will tell if VR is right for you for sim racing. Give it a good go though as it can take a while for the brain to adjust.
Things that helped make the game run more smoothly in my Rift and still not look too blurry are:
- Resolution Scale reduced to 70%
- Pixel density in-game Raised to 140% (this may have a different effect on your HMD)
- Locking on ASW (so game runs at 45fps but still get 90 in HMD)
- Temporal AA on high (don't go lower)
- set the car LOD quality to the lowest setting
- turn off dynamic sharpening
- set the sharpening slider to something that works for you eg 200%
- find the right level of other settings for your system Eg lower mirror quality and number of visible cars, but maybe get shadows up to med or high
- don't mess with engine.ini tweaks unless it's as a last resort
Check out the VR threads in the ACC forums (login needed):
No chance for me to run tonight, but did get a few laps earlier around the mountain and wow I love it! Such a great version of the track. Have to say as well, I tried the other new tracks and I reckon they're all going to be a lot of fun. An Intercontinental GT challenge mini season could be a lot of fun...
cheers for the racing fellas... night was a mission... can see why they start when it's dark... as u don't wanna finish in the dark!!
How is the update? I’ve been watching the youtube vids woo it looks damn good!
dlc is amazing just in love with acc even more if that’s possible.
current issue is u can’t save setups... crashes game
also reading there might be an issue with start sequence and dishing out wrong penalties if people leave prior to start or *cough* get booted off for having high ping...
Awesome, I can’t wait to try it out tomorrow!
I copped a drive through from the first start last night because the person in front of me stopped so I changed lanes. Turns out you just need to wait it out. My fault.
Bathurst is amazing though
apparently we can drive through each other (like in pits) with the new start sequence... will minimise pre-start issues but also removed some realism... I lean towards the removing pre-start issues... hopefully we can implement new system and *dense* cars if we so choose to in the future... I know our league is mature enough for it.
A hotfix has been released to address the crashing issue when saving setups
updated server and restarted... both server01/02 are on Kyalami
Place is so good at night in VR - concentration levels through the roof - need a compressed 12 hours here for sure
wow I just drove my first laps around bathurst - what a track! So challenging and obviously unique...really beautifully implemented as well (scenery over the mountain is good enough to cause crashes). Can’t wait to try the other circuits too!
Looks awesome, first vid Ive seen.
How about next Monday we run a 1.2 hour race at Bathurst at 10 x time acceleration with a driver change. Apparently driver changes work now. Might be a good chance to test it
I'd probably want to test driver changes before we do a specific event so we can be clearer of process... last time I tested it I was really let down by lack of options for waiting driver... happy to look at it over the weekend (Sat?) anyone is about to help test
1.3.2 hotfix dropped in overnight:
- Cleared leftover pit strategies from all car preset setups.
- All car preset setups tyreset is now set to the default set 1.
- Updated race number generator when non-unique numbers are used.
- Start procedure triggers revised for Mount Panorama.
- Added lateral position indicator when delta speed is active in scripted formation.
- Various minor livery updates.
- Added option to disable the audio driver selection to use the default OS driver:
"enableAudioDriverSelection" in moduleenabler.json.
- MP: Servers will let team members join as spectators, independently of the isRaceLocked state.
- MP: Added server admin commands /sg10, /sg20, /sg30 and /clear_all (clears all penalties from all cars).
- MP: Scripted formation reliability improvements.
- MP: Fixed <no name> entries for a special configuration of entry lists.
- MP: Server will now write .txt files into the "current" folder, which implies the logging purposes better.
NOTE: it is recommended to clear this folder.
- MP: Renamed current/setting.json to current/settings.txt.
- MP: Entrylist property defaultGridPosition is now 1-based, resulting in 1:1 grid positions (ie 1 is pole, 13 is really 13).
- MP: Fixed an issue where defaultGridPosition would always start with position 2.
- MP: Incremented the server version, please update the servers.
- MP: Added server handbook version 7.
I should be able to jump on if needed. Just let me know what time.