GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    The GTPlanet article doesn't corroborate that blog post except for the fact that pre-orders were canceled. In fact, large portions of that post were pure speculation as to the reason of the cancellation.

The site's description is as follows:
    "Created in January of 2015, PretendRaceCars.net is an alternative online news publication that sarcastically (emphasis is mine) picks apart all different sub-genres of console and PC driving games. Designed as a cross between VirtualR, logic’d, and TheDirty, PretendRaceCars.net is a direct response to the stale, biased, narrative-focusedenvironment of modern gaming journalism."

Make of that what you will.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Crunch likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Most PRC posts exist just to :):):):)stir fanboys but also I find a lot of their posts hit the nail on the head almost everytime.
    It's clear as day Kaz and his cronies still think it's 2001 with no competition. GT5 and GT6 were both bitter disappointments, and yet the overall size of PD is still slim pickings as it was 15 years ago. They still fail tograsp that with modern tech, it takes far more time and resources to make a game, but look at Turn 10, they seem to churn out a Forza every year or two with no problems. Hire more staff damnit! The amazement that PD have some of the very brightest minds in the business yet continue to make dumb decision after dumb decision is waning fast.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Yeah as may be. But it makes you think. Doesn't it...

Speculation/Personal opinion

Why distinguish facts from opinions?
    We have talked so far about what facts and opinions are and how you must attribute certain facts and all opinions to people. Now we will briefly discuss why.

People use information in all sorts of ways. The most important way is to learn about the world around them and their place in it. They can then decide on what to do. They can use information on a tin of fish to choose whether to buy that brand or another. A villager who learns new facts about hygiene can build a proper toilet and so safeguard both his own health and that of the people around him.

Facts
    In order to do something with information, people need to know whether or not it is true. They use facts to reach conclusions about things, to make their own opinions. The villager needs to know the facts about the different materials he can use for his toilet and where to place it.

Of course, he also needs to know how reliable the information is. The villager might believe advice on building a toilet if it is given by an expert in health, but would reject similar advice given by a four-year-old child. If you attribute the advice in your story on building toilets, the villager can decide what information he can trust.

Opinions
    Reporting people's opinions is useful to your readers or listeners. Hearing an opinion on an issue might stimulate them to think about the issue themselves. If they hear a variety of different opinions, they can use this information to build up their own ideas.

They can also use other people's opinions as models for their own. If they read of someone expressing an opinion they agree with, they might adopt that opinion for themselves. It is not your job as a journalist to decide whose opinions can be used as models and whose cannot. You must report newsworthy opinions for your readers or listeners so that they can make up their own minds.

People use both facts and opinions when they are making decisions. They may choose to buy Kleeno washing powder because it costs $1 a kilo whereas the other brand, Whito, costs $1.50. Kleeno is cheaper; that is a fact. Or they may decide to buy Whito because the advertisers say "Whito is better" - which is an opinion. Both facts and opinions have value, but they must never be confused.

Whereas we generally accept facts whoever states them (assuming, of course, that they trust the person to speak honestly), we judge an opinion by the person who expresses it. In our soap powder example, we would accept that Kleeno is cheaper no matter who says it, because we simply compare the evidence (the prices). However, we would judge the claim about which is "better" by looking at who says it. When the makers of Whito say their product is better, we might be suspicious. But if the makers of Kleeno also say that Whito is better, we would tend to believe them.[​IMG]
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I don't see how any company could justify dumping what must have been a significant investment so far in the game. Even if PD went broke today, someone would surely snap it up and finish it off.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    This does not seem to be a typical case of a game being in development hell. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think its fair to guess that given their recent history with releases being pushed back in both GT5 and 6, we ALL thought there was no chance they were going to release on time. I have always said i think they will release late in 2017 after 3 delays, something that happened with GT6 if im not mistaken (you read it here first ;)).

Given they are still putting up seasonal events in GT6 after how many years, tells me that they are still chugging along, any business that is willing to put man hours (however small) into an old title like GT6 is doing ok, and dont see an immediate need to shift their focus to something that will save their bacon, as the 'story' suggests.

I also think that if there were issues, an organisation like FIA would distance themselves pretty quickly, and remember that having SONY in your corner couldn't exactly be a bad thing.Be prepared for 2 more hold ups, and a release late in 2017, with the usual bugs and issues that makes us all wonder why things were delayed, and not fixed in the first place
    WOLFYDADDY007, zuluwoffle and KoAStR like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    GT6 was the only Gran Turismo released without a delay.
    Crunch likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you are right, but i remember the :):):):) fight when the game came out without the track creator as promised.
    Crunch likes this.
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I checked my EB pre-order (yes i wanted the diecast car) and see it says 2017, but no quarter mentioned. TBH, i think i will be cancelling this preorder and shoving the coin in to something else, like ghost recon.
  10. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    certainly looks the goods.......fingers crossed that when we get it in 2022 it ticks all the boxes.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

They predicting an early release???
    Learn something new everyday
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    it wont affect you though benjamin, you will still be trundling around at the back of the iracing field ! :p:p:p:p:p:p
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Lets hope not
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Direct capture footage:

Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    This image stood out for me, remove the GT Sport logo and you could be forgiven for thinking it was real.

[​IMG]
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    looks bloody good eh. is that what we are expecting on the normal PS4, or PS4 Pro graphics?
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Pro sadly :( All these new trailers/screenshots are basically revealing the games support for the new Console.
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah that sucks. i cant justify spending around a grand for some better graphics (4K TV and new Console)
  20. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yep... paying PC money for Sub-Par equipment basically.
    Zachery likes this.