GT Academy 2016 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Best chance to qualify for GT Academy though. Would be a massive waste to turn down the opportunity because "its lame". GT Academy finals would be a serious experience, foolish to turn down the chance as live events are giving you a fantastic shot at it.
    skywalker and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  2. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    yeah but I would not get your hopes up too much unless u get a lot of turns .. and it only goes from 11 am till 3pm till Friday so its only a short window to make it too the finals.. but yeah if your keen serious than be patience and come back for the next 2 days and give it a good go
  3. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Okay the nice people at Nissan let me have a go on the time trial, im still learing the track but managed a 01:15:460 i think it was, reckon i could knock about 4-4.5s off it once i learn the corners, any advice on braking for the corners where you need to just tap the pedal? As i found the best way was to not push the pedal past 70% otherwise the rear of the car falls away like my S4 title hopes....
    SPL Racing and SuiCid3 like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @Samsung1998racer, NSW guys were saying they were braking once, lifting at other times but mostly flat, with low 1:10's high 09s.
    And Party, you've seen my Div 1 efforts, and I was top 6 in Victoria on 3 runs. Anything is possible in the live format.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah the one corner i had to brake for i kept screwing it up lol, was pumping the pedal too hard, need some better pedals next year lol.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    At least they weren't DFGT pedals lol. I was quite pleased with the much maligned T300 pedals by comparison. If I recall correctly I was braking to like 70-80% trying to avoid lockups for Brands with all the ups/downs and speed differences and it was pretty consistent. The Punch it to 100% then ease it off technique didn't go like I'd hoped it would lol.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    no ABS in GT and Pcars is horrible, its not how it should be in my opinion, also, i understand they are trying to make it realistic, but seriously since when did a Nismo GT3 have no ABS (apart from Monza BES 2016:laugh:).
    Anyway i particularly enjoyed that today, even if i only did a total of 8 laps (4 Rookie mode and 1 Time Trial).

Will probably be going back tomorrow as my F12016 is still not working and i dont wanna fork out $$$ for more racing content, so i'm gonna be bored, might as well be bored watching people demolish my lap times.:D.
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    1:10.111 fastest on Friday.
    Sam D Blacklock and StigsTC like this.
  9. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    Fastest ended up being a 1.10.0 then a 1.10.111 then myself at a 1.10.188
    StigsTC likes this.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    hows that work lol, I'm confused?
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    1st 1.10.0
    2nd 1.10.111 (+0.111)
    3rd 1.10.118 (+0.007)
    Crunch likes this.
  12. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    oh i though he meant the fastest lap went backwards lol whoops.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Would be cool to get some photos uploaded, not just here but for the facebook page too. Can't believe they're using that horrific car and track combo again, I'm glad I decided to work instead of paying for a flight to and back.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Mum went full fangirl and took photos of me, but the photographer took photos as well so there should be me in my rooz shirt in some of them.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'll try and get some shots tomorrow as I'll get the time to spend most of the day there. (hopefully).
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Only had time to meet 5 people today.

I think I talked to @CTRacing. Thanks for offering your Cheezels. :thumbsup:

Didn't meet anyone else who I could identify though. Funnily enough, I know the second Michael (1:10.1) from high school, and the first Michael (1:10.0) used to live in the same street as me. It's a small world...

If you introduce your PSN to the tall kid with the red backpack, I'll greet you warmly.

I've got to study for an exam so I think I'll be bringing my books tomorrow. There's a lot of sitting around to be done.

My four attempts:

1:12.7
    1:12.0
    1:11.0 :oops:
    1:10.5

Also, Joshua's a lad.
  17. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    @Crunch not sure if we spoke or not if it helps i had the black shirt on with the red #1 on the back
    Crunch likes this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    You didnt see me in the rooz shirt??? :eek:
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Where was that 10.1 two weeks ago? That would've got you through!
  20. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22

@The_Spectre that was the first thing i said to myself when i seen the time.
    Sam D Blacklock and The_Spectre like this.