GT Academy 2016 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Did I talk to you at the end of the day on the way out of the park as I was leaving....
  2. Michael Pryor

Michael Pryor New Recruit

Hey Sam! Congratulations on posting such a good time! At the risk of coming off a little sour and arrogant (although that is 100% not my intention), I do not advertise that I am a great sim racer. In fact, it is without a doubt my worst and most feared part of the upcoming finals. I do not participate in any league racing (I would love to become a part of this community however), and really haven't put a decent amount of time into any sim on any platform.

I claim to be nothing more than a derpy kid that absolutely loves racing to my core, so much so that I was determined to at least qualify this year. It is true that I got extra time in Sydney however if you ask others that were there I was no where near quick enough there, it was two weeks ago and it was only on my very last run yesterday that I was able to qualify and become consistently fast. If anything your experience on raceonoz should more than make up for the extra time I was able to garner in Sydney. I have a mountain ahead me. And that is only to hopefully make it overseas!

A big congratulations to others that did qualify and to everyone that came along and had a go. You were all very nice and approachable and I look forward to hopefully getting involved with you more!
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you really want to stay Div 1 then I'm sure @Hatfield and I can accommodate you.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    ROOZ has yet another entrant into the Nationals. @CTRacing posting the fastest time of all three days to get through. Great meeting you bud. Go hard mate.

Good start in the morning for me actually sitting in 1st after the first runs. Down hill from there as I couldn't match my early pace. Nearly beat it on a last ditch run when they opened up all the rigs for time trial. But brushed a wall and fell .04 slower than my morning time.

Great time over the two days. Will have to convince the handbrake to have another holiday to the Gold Coast next time gt academy is here.
    StigsTC, Peter Wise and SPL Racing like this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good Effort TB, so close mate. I hope this doesn't interfere with @CTRacing training to be our 4th Enduro driver.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    wouldnt worry about adding a driver mate. im gonna beat you all solo :p
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    CTRacing might be keen to run with you now he is Brissy based if we can't get him back up to Hervey Bay, but then again he will probably be wearing a Nismo race suit by then the way he is going o_O
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ill team up with him, but not at my place, sleeping baby and :):):):) would mean it wouldnt work lol
    SPL Racing likes this.
  9. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    So how many rooz guys made the top 20
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    A lot! Well done guys and good luck over the weekend!

I've just got back in the country and am stuffed after sitting on a plane all night. Just had a siesta ;)

Looks like there will be a good mix of new people at nationals this year but still a very good Rooz representative!!! Remember with the fitness stuff, a big part of it, is in your head. You can easily go further with the right mental strength. Pringles was ready to quit in beep test last year and I was able to encourage him to get a couple levels higher. His physical ability didn't change to get him those levels it was always there!
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

and then he almost spewed
    Crunch and skywalker like this.
  12. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Great job to all ROOZ members in the national final for this weekend!! Best of luck lads :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Thanks for the encouragement guys, we will do our best to get a few roozers on the plane to silverstone.

I'll try and keep you updated over the weekend when I can.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Good luck guys, now the fun begins!! While doing fitness its all mind over matter, media can be intimidating, they are going to ask you questions about yourself, what makes you want to drive for nissan and what your goals are out of the competition.
    The gaming side of things you need to be as fast as possible out of the box but safe at the same time, keep it on track!!!.
    Then finally you will have the fun stuff....
    Hooning around in a 370Z.
    Got just 1 bit of advice with the real car, treat it like a Hire car and belt the crap out of it, you don't have to pay for it. If you run on the stunt arena again there is so much grip on the tarmac just throw it in there but be mindful the rear of the car is alot wider then it feels so give yourself room.
    Anyway guys have fun, experience of a lifetime and a great opportunity so take it with 2 hands and run with it.

Wish i could be there with you but life sometimes gets in the way and the missus has been waiting almost 9 years so I will be running next year.

Good luck guys
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good luck to all the ROOZ boys competing at Nationals today!
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Wanted to go down and watch/support and sabotage non roozers but wife working away in Darwin at the moment so I can't get there.
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Class of 2016. I recognise Scott, spectre and Michael. Who else is there ?

[​IMG]
    The_Spectre and skywalker like this.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Keshi from last year is there
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Including Scott there is 5 ex national guys there.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    CTRacing is the last guy on the right hand side leaning on the car. He's done well considering he only started sim racing two weeks ago
    arakasi- and warrior2167 like this.