GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I'm just hoping I can get it together in the final trial, can only hope after that that the other Aussies did live events or are Ineligible
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Also asked what happens if you qualify in the top 14 for both online and live trials. He explained that they will pick your highest result, so if I qualified 5th in live and 2nd in online, they would pick my online and move up 15th fastest in the live event and vice versa. So it's going to get complicated by the end of it :confused:, I think you will be fine fastboy, give it everything and I am sure we will see you at nationals :D
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I reckon you'd have a better chance of qualifying in the live events since on GT6 you have an infinite amount of attempts (#nolife) and thus someone can post a time that is unrealistically fast.

Whereas in the live events, from what I gather most people who do it are kids, and you only get a set amount of laps, so you have to make it count. If you know you're fast, the live events are a golden opportunity. And even though I'm ineligible, I'll be giving it my best shot!
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Keep us posted Jono. Would love to know where you would have ended up.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Thanks for the post mint :)

I'll be going to Penrith. My pb is 1.03.1. Im hopeful but there are so many fast guys out there. I can't get over how much talent there is in aus!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer they have all came out of nowhere
  7. city-car

city-car New Recruit

Hi guys, its been a while since i've been on the forum, but i wanted to see how things were going on the academy front.
    Personally i have only had 1-1.5hrs on the online events - i'm so grateful that all of the events close in mid june rather than a rolling closing date as they go!!!
    I've improved my racebase setup, but my times are pretty average.
    I'm surprised to see that they've been using some of the driving aid setups that you guys been describing... without force feedback and with SRF on i'd have some trouble for sure.
    I have had a bit of practice with SRF on and know how to exploit it and how it works, but even when i try to exploit it i'm still slower than with it off....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Will do man, I might do a bit of practice for the event with the stupid settings too.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well I went and had a crack at the live event today as Im heading off overseas for 90% of the final online round. I really struggled with the setup...finally lap, it was all or nothing and pulled out a 1:04.1. A whole second slower than at home, which is what the guy told me people usually do before i started!

So Im praying that not too many fast people go out there over the next couple of days!

Also, someone from QLD flew down today and blew a 1:03.5.
    warrior2167 and MINT_GTR like this.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey, well done Skywalker, that should be close to seeing you through. Wow, wonder who the sneaky QLD'er was??
  11. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    It was metalslaw, he has a write up on gtplanet under the australian gt academy thread. Posted it on his last lap!!!

Well done skywalker :D I believe I am sitting 4th fastest at the moment so you should be 6th, look forward to seeing another ROOZ member at nationals :)
    skywalker likes this.
  12. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    It has also been confirmed on an email reply from gt academy team to one of the guys on gtplanet, that the live event qualifiers are in eligible for online rankings. So potentially, a top 20 ranked Aussie could still get through to nationals.
    skywalker likes this.
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Josh Muggo did a 1:03.7 tonight as well.

For me the qualifying was only using sports soft and instead of my usual 2:0x time, I was a little closer to the 2:17 cut off then I'd like.

Im probably not consistent enough to go past nats (if Im lucky enough to make it), but I just wanna drive a GTR! haha
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Edit :

I just read the post on GT Planent. How you put it isn't quite right. Basically if you've qualified in the live event, you've qualified and won't be counted online. However, if you went to a live event to qualify and didn't make the cut, you can still try to make in online.

So say the top 6 people online also made it through via live qualifying, then it would be 7-20th that make the 'top 14 online qualifiers'.
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  15. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Haha, I meant to say it the way you did so cheers for that. :D

Do you know how late the live event at Penrith is running each day??? Only reason i ask is I might be in the area saturday arvo and thinking of having a 2nd attempt at it
    skywalker likes this.
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You'll just have to call the store.. it was till 8pm yesterday, but thats due to late night shopping.

I'd imagine probably around 5pm other days.... they'll be packing up Sunday arvo I was told, so if going Sunday best to go in the morning.

If you already did 10 laps in total at Robina, they might not let you try again in the spirit of keeping things fair.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  17. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Yeah I thought that might be the case, I wont be able to make it anyway. I am road tripping from Brisbane to Melbourne over 24 hours, so i will probably be going through Sydney saturday night. Best prep for this weeks league race ever haha
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ill be there saturday morning, ill do some hard yards of practise tonight.
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah my league prep has been a lot less than I'd like. But my focus is more GT academy and I rarely drive the Mclaren. Im really thankful for the opportunity to kick around in div 3 with some great guys, even though my consistency is up the creek. Hopefully, Daytona road will be a turning point for me :)
  20. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Cant make it out there on Saturday morning... got to get fitted for my suit. Would have been good to meet some of the locals...

Ill try and get out there Sunday morning.