GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Whereabouts is the quali for Qld? I might just go out of curiosity, because there is no talent here to make the cut.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Robina town centre. Shopping centre on the Gold coast somewhere
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  3. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hopefully your not right s_close, with the amount of training and practice I have put in, I hope to make the cut :) my pb is low 1.03 and no one has recorded a 1.03 yet at the past events so fingers crossed I don't crack under pressure :confused::D

EDIT: new pb is 1.02.9
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    When I said there was no talent I meant me mate lol
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I'll be going to the Penrith for this.

Do you think there will be any more events? Looking at the site, they post the top 3 times, so does that mean they will pick the fastest 14 from the 15.
  6. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I believe its only the 5 live events, 1 in each state. I thought that was the process as well but its very possible that it maybe 14 fastest times over all events (like the online time trial). I will clear it up on Saturday when I go to have a shot :)
    I am confident a 1.03 will get you into nationals :)
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    warrior2167 likes this.
  7. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    So gearing up to head down to the live event tomorrow :) will there be any fellow QLD ROOZ members out and about??
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Go and kick all their arses mate, you've got it in you. If not, then #cut4rooz2014
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

was considering it but working til 3 tomorrow and going to pick up a 2007 Lancer VRX from Woodford on Saturday, so im going the wrong way
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ill be at Penrith on Saturday likely as early as possible so i don't have to wait.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not today my boy. Work, work and more work. Then beers, beers and more rum. I break out into a sweat just thinking about those horrible academy rigs, urrghh. I'm too old and slow anyway, but I have my fingers crossed for you and all the other ROOZ boys who are going for it!!
    Ad2mny and MINT_GTR like this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Your in with a chance your the first to the turn 1 in the lastest time trial.....

Only because you braked well late, but tou were fastest at one point
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Haha, are you saying I'd win if it were a race to turn 1?? Cheeky bugger!! Took me 5 attempts to get a clean (well, apparently - stupid penalty system) lap. Got gold and moved on. Might try a bit harder with the final time trial, but there are going to be plenty of quick boys popping up when the final event goes live in a few weeks. I reckon the top 100 will have a lot of Aussies.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    You shouldn't have a problem qualifying at a live event Anon. Go for it. If my trip down to the Gold Coast was a week earlier, hell even I'd have a crack. I haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting any further than MAYBE qualifying at the live event, (that's a HUGE maybe) but hey why not have a go.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah anon you have the pace to have a shot mate, the best times done so far are easily beatable with decent practise i reckon.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    So I thought I would post my experience I had at the live event yesterday....

It started with a long roadtrip from brissy to robina which was a good hour away. Arrived at the massive shopping centre that I had never been to before and walked around for 20mins trying to find the place. After doing a few loops, escalators and little boys room trip, I finally found the little marquee stall in the middle of a laneway with 2 rig setups.
    Registered and highlighted my interest to hopefully make nationals so he set me up in the rig slightly further away from onlookers.
    He offered to just go straight into qualifying but I declined as I thought round 1 would give me a little bit of time to get used to the rig. Straight away I realised the pedals position was horrible and the wheel didn't feel right so confidence wasn't great. From there went straight into qualifying which was 2 x 5 lap stints; First lap was a 1.04.2, then 04.1, then 04.0 but after that, it went downhill. Everytime I pushed, the car would become very unstable and with the lack of steering input with the setup chosen on the wheel it was proving hard for me to correct the slide. The car was easy to drive just hard to push and allow for small adjustments on the way.
    I was disappointed I couldn't achieve a quicker time considering I had done my best lap so early in the stint but he explained I was the fastest qualifier for Australia and should make it to Melbourne for nationals since I was the first person into the 1.04s at QLD and only NSW was left to run.

I understand why they set the rigs up the way they do so everyone off the street can have a go with relative ease but I do think when it comes to round 2 and actual qualifying, it should be adjusted to resemble a more realistic feel for the experienced virtual racer. I am aware we are all in the same boat so hopefully with a week in advance, I can confidently say warrior and mustafur will produce the time I should have done which is a 1.03.5 :) so a massive good luck

Also, thanks everyone for the congrats and support for hopefully making it through, Although, I have only been apart of this community for short while, you guys have made me more driven to bring out my best and enjoy the racing with mates that it should be in the online world, so thankyou :). I went in realising I didn't want to just do my best for me but also for ROOZ so pleased with the outcome and bring on nationals :D (hopefully) #roozatnationals lol

EDIT: Oh and warrior, found out it is fastest 14 over all live events. So if 14 aliens go quicker than me at the NSW event, I don't qualify..........then I will rage lol
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Fantastic effort mint, 99% certain 4.0 will be well within the cut off, so congratulations for making it to nationals.
    S_CLOSE and MINT_GTR like this.
  18. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    So has anyone done the PS3 Events?
  19. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, the first 3 "trials" are open Jako, all leading to the final qually on 2nd June.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Just like Anon said, I'm too old and slow (and I'm far "slower" than Anon) to give it a go, but strongly supporting all the guys from ROOZ giving it a chance!
    MINT_GTR likes this.