GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 1 - SEASON 1
    - Nürburgring 24H - 5 laps - 10:00 Cloudy

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start after one timed qualifying lap completed by the field
    [​IMG]

OK Guys .... We have a few new drivers who need to be up on how we go about our league racing, and I'm sure there are a few of us who wouldn't mind a reminder of what is expected !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Round 1 is generally the most common where we see contact issues, particularly if we have drivers who haven't done a lot of practice. If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    finchy and Zachery like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    amendment. 12PM Monday and Tuesday for protests should be 12AM MIDNIGHT
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    if you mean i am now div 3 (which i am happy about) the move isn't showing on the page 1 entry list

edit
    sorry, i was looking at the wrong end of the list
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So apparently the room settings allow you to set a MAXIMUM weight (kg) instead of a minimum...

This means it is possible within the room settings to reduce the weight of your car to gain an advantage.

Room Captains will check everyone's car regs just prior to qualifying start. Once they give the go ahead to start qualifying, NO ONE MAY LEAVE TRACK and enter the set up screen.

Anyone doing this, risks being DSQ as per the penalty table.
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    hope i can race tonight, my internet is really patchy. i've been disconnected in the post race screens from four rooms on sport where i had the win and the fastest lap.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    just noticed that wall collision penalty is off, thought that should have been on
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I don't think anyone will be intentionally wall riding plus damage is on light so its not like you don't go unpenalised for hitting the walls.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Suggestion: save your qualifying session with Share play in case of issues with blocking
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is a pit stop mandatory?
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no. If you think you can make a no-stop, you're welcome to try. That isn't me saying it isn't possible, I haven't completed a full race test so it may be possible with a leaner fuel mapping
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I haven't done any testing so will have to wing it.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Game left me on the grid twice. Shame, was really keen tonight. Oh well.
  16. Hzar

Hzar New Recruit

Not my greatest start to the season.
    Spun out on the 2nd corner and my tired and sleep deprived brain took care of the rest. Haven't had a chance to practice or tune at all due to work & uni/exams this week.
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Couldn’t ask for a better start to the season.
    Qualifying put me in the box seat for the race start, but too much wheel spin off the line allowed Blacko to sneak by into the lead.
    The first lap was intense, the lead changed about 3 or 4 times and there was a few bumps which allowed for overtakes.
    Once I got back the lead I was able to put my head down and focus on extending the gap, which ended up getting to around 25 seconds over Hatfield until I had a spin.
    Hatfield’s superb final lap brought the margin down to 10 seconds, but I was still able to finish the race with a comfortable lead.
    Cheers guys, see you all next week :)
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What was your fastest lap. I couldn't see you in the race.
  19. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    8:30.252.
    I also couldn’t see you
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    A first round not without issues, but a good start I think except for @Zachery & @spita84

Got qualifying under way with everyone bar @grassies online and @LITTLEBLACKO942 who couldn't get in the room and was going to try with division 2.

After a few corners on my outlap blacko was able to enter! So I went back to check his regs and found he was underweight and had the cones turned on (guys you really need to check this stuff prior to the season please)

Once this was sorted out, he and I could get our qually underway to catch the field.

I have never really felt comfortable and fast on the ring ever... before tonight.

I don't know what it is about GT Sport, but this car on that track.... the noise... the fog/mist hovering just over the tarmac... it's amazing. Put in a good qually lap for me to be 0.212 off @razor4797 on pole.

Off the start... I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. From front row to mid-pack by the first corner lol Got a little tap at the first tight S but didn't turn around and turned up the fuel mapping to save some fuel as I know passing is not easy at the ring.

This early fuel saving allowed me to run the final lap at the lowest fuel mapping to grab the FL while reducing the 13sec lead to 9sec (ish)

We did have some issues.
    @spita84 left early and said he had issues with his connection, so hopefully they get sorted out for round 2
    @emmo46 & @razor4797 couldn't see each other... so it seems this issue has carried over from GT6 smh
    At least, they couldn't see each other (2way) rather than the 1way issue which can cause crashes
    @Zachery got stuck on the grid twice and couldn't move... he graciously told us to keep going after the 2nd failure.
    Maybe we should use rolling starts to remove this possibility?
    razor4797 and Zachery like this.