GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't find the time to get many laps in this week and had a go on sunday afternoon to hit a 25 flat (I did get some tips prior from @KeedenMcdonald
    Then I put that big rims back on and hit a 24.3...
    I was pretty happy.

I couldn't replicate that in qually and ended up outside the top 10.
    Most of the night wasn't too bad for me. I received some taps and not everything went as I wanted, but I had many bradbury moments coming through when guys in front had incidents and so I think I finished higher than expected.

It was good to see on track redressing happening with some of the obvious incidents that occured
    Tristan Jones and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Div4 is where its at ;)
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I believe it too.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Great racing, and great driving, with the right amount of respect' and room for that game. Few track violations though :rolleyes:

But this isn't GT6, it is GTS, and the cars unbalance far easier, especially on contact. Our respect levels for one another on track at present are crap, me included lately.
    Also on comparison to GT6 controllers are faster in GTS, so there are many controller drivers in Div1 which creates different brake points, and often driving lines due to turning ability. Also as with GT6 there are different effects for wheel drivers and controller drivers beyond force feedback when contact is made.
    Also, Qualification is 20% of race night and is not respected via a bull at gate attitude to every 1st corner in every race, and 2nd, and then 3rd if the track lends itself to tight racing.
    So I reckon, Respect Qualification, Respect Eachother, and race with, as well as against eachother :geek::geek::geek:

P.S. I read Beau crashed without human intervention, :):):D:D:laugh::laugh::x3:
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Whilst I agree with most points there, my main point is that clean racing is always possible when all parties use their brain. It doesn’t matter what game it is.
    Here’s another example, me and @KeedenMcdonald have a truly motherload of a battle on F1 which was clean because the respect was there. Shame the season died on its arse.
    seth123 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  6. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I must be... but if you want to move over late in the braking zone where do you expect me to go? I pulled wide to get the outside line and right at the braking point you swerve in front of me. Think yourself lucky I'm not a turkey and know how to feather the pedal and not punt you into the wall. Had it been 70% of the other guys in this Div you would have been enjoying rubber barrier reflex gag.

Hatfield incident is under review and I'm taking complete responsibility for that. I just misjudged track width. Had I held a tighter line into that following chicane I would have been slow on the apex and likely caused a bigger incident. Try not to dwell on the current corner and think about the following sequence. It could have been a lot worse. :thumbsup:
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    :poop:Ahahahahaha you are a comedian! You pushed it deep on the brakes, could not control your car to the point were you ram me! Don't give the position back! You were behind me caused contact to make a pass! Then talk up how great you are at driving then randomly bag on everyone. Not before giving a speach on racing etiquette, while being under review! Gold!!
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Dude all you have to say is my bad. Try not to let it happen. But that seems to be against your grain. Your the man
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thats better. Good russell. How dare you! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::poop:
    Russell and seth123 like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Wait you’re happy to throw everyone else under the bus, but will quickly excuse your own tardation moments? You wouldn’t happen to call yourself a man also by any chance?
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Grrrr bAnTre
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Not going to blow this up, so I advise checking the replay. I broke before you. Well before you. How I'm deep on the brakes I have no idea.

Nope. I've been quite open about my fondness of dressing up as a woman. Not sure what gender stereotyping has to do with racing though. Does my tuck make you uncomfortable? :p
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    L
    My friend if you are proud of yourself that's all that matters. The man.
    Zachery, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    When you’re being protested by two different people in the same round it is very unwise to hang crap over other people’s driving etiquitte.
    razor4797, Mustafur, Russell and 2 others like this.
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    :inlove: Love you too, darling. xox

That's a good point, but I wasn't born yesterday. I already spoke with both parties and we seem to be in agreement with how actions played out. Ask both of them and you'll find that within 10min of the race end I had addressed the scenarios and apologised for any part I played in them. However, one of the mentioned parties has had a complete reversal to what was said which to me suggests they're being coached by the other party to support their protest. I'm not stupid, just vocal. Let's call apples apples - it's one protest that's clutching at straws by trying to back up an obvious breach which I've owned responsibility, with irrelevant supporting evidence. The video was pretty though. :thumbsup: Good job, @Hatfield :p
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Im not quite sure what is going on here, but the last 5 pages have been absolute crap.

Mezign, im all for you being clear on what is and isnt allowed according to our 'relaxed' rules, but for someone who has only been here for 3 months, perhaps you could go about it a little more subtlety.

Why are we / you here ? For clean racing. That has always been our goal, and for the most part of the last 7 years we have managed to provide that. We have had some fantastic races, racers, some awesome series and lots of memorable moments.

We have also lost one of our favourite members in Bruce Hale, and when things get a little over the top serious, it doesn't take me long to put things in perspective when i think back to getting the call from his wife that he had died in his rig doing what he loved. Perhaps that is why i'm a little more 'relaxed' than i used to be.

To ANYONE who doesn't like what we do, doesn't agree with the way things are managed, don't like the way we interpret our own rules, don't like the opposition, aren't fond of our sponsors, hate the cars, tracks or point systems you are free to join another league that may not be quite so relaxed, or suits your tastes ! I'm pretty sure the mod team aren't being paid enough to spend countless hours worrying about a car who might have missed a white line or exceeded track limits a couple of times in a 30 lap race.

Likewise, you are welcome to ask any question in regards to what our rules are and how they are interpreted. Am pretty sure i will miss some things in driver briefings, and trying to adjust it for different tracks on different platforms, its fair to think that some things may be missed.

I can sum up our basic rules in a few words.....Stay on the track, hit anyone for advantage then redress ! Pretty simple stuff.... Anyone who "clearly, intentionally or consistently" break these rules have been, and will continue to be penalised post race.

The last 2 seasons on GTS have been quite challenging for hatfield and the GT mod team. Looking at some of the comments, vids and race reports from the last few seasons, its seems to me that everyone needs to take a deep breath and accept that, while we love some competition, the reason we are here is to have fun. I reckon 90% of issues we have is through careless contact. Redressed, most drivers can cope......getting drilled and watching the driver responsible disappear over the horizon is, to put it bluntly, just rubbish !

Time to get on with the racing lads, be clean and if there is an issue then let our 'relaxed' processes take their course. If you want us to be clearer on the pretty simple rules, working to the FIA handbook, am more that willing to send anyone that wants it, the invoice for my hourly rate !

Stu
    RHINO11, Motors560, Ad2mny and 19 others like this.
  17. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Division 2 Show the way in Etiquette, Gentlemanlike Race Craft and Passion.
    (just saying like, and no tears were shed in the making of these 2 videos:D)
    NB: Picture quality ok as HDR to youtube not best.
    Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi Race 1

Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi Race 2
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Willow Springs International Raceway - 36 laps - 17:30 Fine - Retro Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    Big Willow is going to be an exercise in patience if there is any contact resulting in a driver going off track. When you are at fault, you should wait for the other driver to:
    -stop sliding through the dirt
    -get back onto the track
    -get back up to speed
    Be especially careful in braking zones and during side by side racing

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : I'm excited to see everyone's team livery ideas and also those of the privateers!
    Motors560, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  19. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Well for the first time so far it seemed I had just enough pace to hold onto the back of the field lol. For Race 1 made a cautious start which I was glad for considering some of the chaos that happened ahead for the first lap, happily sitting in behind the pack of 7th-10th as @Hatfield started to pull away from @Bryan_F, @Knuckles, @razor4797 and I.
    Stayed that way for the first half or so, with a nice clean train happening before Razor had tried for a move on Knuckles in front of me but ran too deep and off track at T7? Hairpin, and Bryan little later making a mistake somewhere. Allowing me to try and gain and pass Knuckles as it seemed he started to struggle with wear maybe, it was a great little spar for a couple laps, slightly starting to hold me up I felt but was difficult to get by cleanly.

I had @Motors560 gaining on me from an earlier mistake though so was keen to get past, was great intensity for a couple laps until Motors ran too deep and accidentally punted me into the T12 double apex. Which he redressed and luckily didn’t go off track but eventually let him back by anyway after a mistake into the next 2nd last hairpin. Seems we were pretty even pace as I just stayed behind him trying to regain time back to Knuckles, not wanting to hinder both our progress by trying to pass. By the last couple laps I starting getting some runs on Motors and decided to try make my move but couldn’t get a chance in the right spots, it was a great battle for the end finishing 9th!

Race 2 started well in 5th before Bryan and Motors got past me through lap 1 due to a couple mistakes with @KeedenMcdonald catching me by the 2nd lap. Made a huge error after he got past into T7 hairpin missing my brake marker, thank god I didn’t take anyone out spearing to the inside, luckily keeping it on track after.
    Through the next couple laps I had @Mezign and Hatfield pass through putting me to 8th end of lap 3, Bryan and @TheStig13 quickly catching me on lap 4 showing great respect in passing, leaving me 10th and a fair gap back to StigsTC.
    The back half of lap 5 got interesting with 4th back to me in 10th all starting to bunch back up a great looking train ahead of me I just kept my eye on what was happening with juggling positions lol. Very quickly though it became 1st to 10th all within 2.5 seconds, through lap 7 I managed to get to 7th after some inevitable offs ahead.
    I was looking good to try and get past @ssman244 on lap 8 and 9 (sorry for the little bump at one stage man) before I was I hit by Bryan from a massive dive into T7 again, putting me off track slightly and back a couple spots, he redressed so it was a mistake but just had Razor and StigsTC too close so missed out on a nice 7th.

If I don’t end up in the dirt I look forward to more of the battles I had here for Willow Springs! I won’t really dive into the topic of driver etiquette going on as I didn’t really encounter any of the bigger drama that happened, but I feel personally that if an incident redressed then it’s been acknowledged as a mistake by the offending driver. It can’t change what the result was, but that’s apart of the game. Though for me I experienced some great racing on my end of the round.

Couple full race replays from my point of view if anyone wants a watch :).

20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    You say that and yet i've had two protests thrown at me from this round and both weren't due to poor driver etiquette on my end. One should never have been a protest (I won't say who it was) and rightly was ruled a racing incident. The other is currently still under investigation but i feel will be ruled a racing incident as well. I know you meant this for @Mezign but my point would be don't judge people's driving etiquette until the protests have been resolved. No one in the division would intentionally make contact with another driver. At the end of the day we are all human and we all make mistakes (Expect Beau who is definitely not normal but in a good way :p)

Speaking of @Mezign and for anyone else who may decide to protest me in the future please feel free to message me on here before you do so. I always want to get protests solved as quickly as possible mainly to help the stewards out as i know they must get sick of going through several of them a week. Even if your not looking at protesting it can be something as simple as "What happened here" i'm more than happy to sort things out with you keep that in mind.

Also @Mezign regarding the final lap of race 2, Respect for me is a two way street. I'll respect you if you give me consistent clean, hard but fair racing and vice versa. It doesn't help when you shove me out of the way on the final lap. Just understand that i'm not going to be act as your punching bag i get enough of that crap in sport races. My motto is "If you give it expect me to give it back just as hard if not harder" which explains the move at the hairpin. Had you have kept 2nd you would have been protested anyway so you should be grateful that i got the position back otherwise 3 protests in 1 round might be a new ROOZ record :D

Short race recap, I lead a division 1 race!!! which was really cool until @KeedenMcdonald pulled off one of the coolest overtakes on the final lap to get ahead. Had some good battles with several drivers @Pubs16 especially had a great battle for most of race 1. I know we can race clean guys. Let's do that next race should be fun with all the retro liveries.
    Pubs16 likes this.