GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Driving etiquette is not the same as the outcome of a protest. I cant remember the last time i saw a coming together on track that didnt end in a 'racing incident'.
    I personally am not looking at results in div 1, obviously. A good race thou. Yes. 1st race was great fun. 2nd was over before it started.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

How good must Luck’s new rig be? 13th to 5th on the first lap of race 2
    Mezign, POPPINFRESH1234 and Hatfield like this.
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Tell ya what you're bloody hard to pass with that new rig followed you whole way to the end
    Luckgoesmyway likes this.
  5. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Wowwww.. Race 1.. Why is there no jizz emoji..
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

What rubbish
  7. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    ???
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Pretty much everything. Glad its weekend time
    Russell likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    holdenman05 likes this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Any objections to me running the group b mustang on dirt tyres this week. Spent a bit of time walkabout
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yay, bm's back. hopefully with a new rig
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    My third 10th place finish in a row...
    After a solid 5th spot in quali I was happy and things were looking good, until the first lap of the race was completed and I had lost 4 spots.
    Too much wheel spin off the line cost me a position and to make things worse I was shoved wide by a pretty aggressive manoeuvre (don’t worry I’m not protesting) which then cost me another couple of places.
    Can’t count how many times I went completely off track, but one of them resulted in me spinning into the pits which was an adventure.

There were some good battles in there though, kept the race very interesting.
    Cheers lads
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    3rd in qually was good, 2nd in race was even better. Felt i had decent pace and went for the long strategy hoping to claw back some of the gap to the resident rooz alien on fresher softs. He pitted at the same time though. Slotted back behind Bryan and Stig13 and just applied pressure until a gap opened up for me to grab 2nd at Turn 1. Bad luck Bryan on your spin at the end, a 3 way battle for 2nd would've been awesome.

@StigsTC, regarding our 'incidents' i think there might have been some lag involved as on my replay you look as if you hit something but you never quite touch me. Sorry if it is different on your end.
    Spidey_11 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Came into tonight with the plan of keeping everything clean since i'd became annoyingly popular with the stewards recently. Started 9th with a pretty poor lap. First stint i was chilling in around 7th-8th for most of the run until coming out of the pits being relegated to 11th due to being jumped by guys behind me pitting 1-2 laps earlier.

Charged my way through the field getting past Knuckles, Apex and Razor to get into 8th. Both Stig and Bryan would spin off the track which would give me 6th and was chasing Fleck down for 5th. This would have happened sooner had my pedals decided not to start giving me 3/4 throttle. By the time the final lap came around i was all over Fleck and Stig was all over us both. Coming into the final corner i decided against trying to make a move on the inside but would get lucky as Fleck ran slightly off track which set up a drag race to the line which i'd end up winning by 2 tenths. 5th at a track which i really struggle at felt like a win to me.

Anyone who may be wondering what my retro livery was based on. It was based on my uncle's EA falcon which he raced at the 1993 Bathurst 12 hour. No photos exist online however video of it is online. If you go to 17:50 on the video i'll link below you can see it from side on. If you watch part 1 go to 10 minutes exactly and you'll see my uncle bin the car 10 minutes into a 12 hour race. 25 years later we still give him grief over that incident :D.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 4 Results (provisional)
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@BMWF30328 DNF
    Lap times
    [​IMG]

BMW 1:16.283
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Slowest over a lap again. Shocker. @razor4797 Thanx for giving me some company towards the end.
    razor4797 and CAB77 like this.
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    No worries mate, very clean at the end there, shame I had to bin it one more time and give you the position haha.
    You probably would have had a good view of my spin into the pits lol
    Knuckles likes this.
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Didn’t expect much, the hour of practise before saw me do a 15.8 best so a 16.4 was dissapointing and continues my awful qualifying streak.
    Race: Good start and found myself in rhythm early making a few spots on the opening laps and as I caught the Bryan and Hat battle my efforts to pass were well defended and my rhythm lost that brought me into a defensive battle of my own with motors and razor, at the midway lap the battle got close and I ran wide into the dirt on the final corner exit and beelined it into the pits, out of frustration I accidentally picked Mediums for my second stint which was instantly ruining any chance of catching a top 5, thankfully my fuel conservation was better this race and I had a shorter stop so came out in front of where I was before but knew I had the Tyre disadvantage of a second a lap. Should’ve had 5th due to Bryan’s misfortune but my final corner mistake gave motors a well earned top 5, the racing was much improved this week and there was good battling and respect with Hatfield, motors and razor to name a few.
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

hi gang. not sure if my misadventures impacted any ones race last night. If so, sincere apologies. So with the nrw G29 pedal set, my "rig" (term used very loosely) had to be modified - read dropped about 15 cms. Unfortunately this is compromising my driving position and also causing the rig to slide....away from the reach of my feet as my chair is separate to the rig. Tried to pull it back and that caused me to miss the brake point at the final turn and have my first off. During practice I could just go into "options"mode and pull the pedals back within reach... but after 4 offs trying to do this in the race I felt it best just to get out of the room instead of being a pest on track. thanks for the very nice ettiquette knuckles for the short time I was racing. The g29 in combination with a brand new gt game is proving as a steep learning curve but I hope I can get up to speed real soon...and sort my rig issues as well.
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Wish i could of heard you going off at yourself in 3rd person. Always good for a laugh.