GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Willow for me was always going to be about not pushing too hard as the sand was so unforgiving.
    Qually went ok and was mid-pack
    Race start was ok too and just started circulating as the pack spread out.
    I picked up positions from others off-track adventures and passed @Bryan_F before he hit his stride and kept him behind for awhile.
    He passed me back and pitted on lap 19 and I came in on 20. He caught the front pack (minus @KeedenMcdonald ) and I just watched the battle from afar until it ended with bryan in the sand.
    I was worried as he was catching me quickly with 6 laps to go, but another off took the pressure off and I bagged another 4th
  2. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    My Qualifying lap from last night
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Showoff
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    WTF Div 1? I bought heaps of popcorn for this week's entertainment and this is what you provide?

@Mezign, are you going to disappoint as well?
    NAACS, Zachery and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i like it when its quieter ;)
    AroGantz likes this.
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Well that was a journey that just sucked.
    Jumped into SSman's lobby at 7pm and was just absolutely nowhere, 18s when I wasn't stuck in a ditch, losing a lap to SSman in my first 2, just no understanding of what the hell the track wanted.
    Long run on the mediums, no real improve, running same pace as Knuckles, swap to the softs no pace there either, started a long run on softs which was interrupted by dinner and something seemed to fall into place on the worn softs.
    Jumped in the lobby to get 1 timed lap and 15.9 first lap out on RM which felt pretty good, carried that into qual opening with a 15.983, pretty pleased but felt there was more in it, a few more laps and a couple of tows from Rus as we closed and separated based on how good the laps were, and 15.7 to start 2nd I was feeling pretty pleased, might be able to save this one when I was considering skiving off to go run the Time Trial combo.
    Started pretty well, Risky with the challenge into T1 with some nice out-braking action, after a couple of my weird lines tripped him up I probably should have broken free of Risky a couple times but the slipstream and some good runs through the sweepers kept Risky in it before I made a hash of turn 5 and let him through. No worries though, I get the stupid OP slipstream now and it will pull me along instead. Couple laps later Risky ran wide out of the last turn, gave me the run and side by side into turn 1 again, just got a nudge and off into the gravel we go before the inevitable spin and 13 seconds of lost time later I'm back in 10th place with yet another recovery drive on the cards. So I buckled down and set it to maximum attack to try and re-catch Risky for 2nd place. I did not blink for the next 15 minutes.
    The Div 3 guys had considered the 2 stop and I'd checked the deltas, it was still early on and I didn't fancy my chances on getting past everyone particularly cleanly on same quality tyres before the inevitable heat death of the universe, so I decided that I may as well have a go on the 2 stop and arrive on everyone with fresher softs and pray that I had the tyre quality to make something happen, so I boxed after lap 11 with a plan of 11/12/13 lap stints, took a small drink as I figured I was working into space so more time at maximum attack no traffic would be worth while.
    The guys at the back who saw me pit early were super friendly about it, mostly just letting me by not trying to fight, and by lap 18 I was already on the back of Apex, and after he kindly left me space it was about carving the rest of the field before the stops. I caught Razor and Motors in a battle and lost 2 seconds being stuck behind before smashing through, Bryan pitted super early which worried me as I didn't know if I'd catch him again. More pitstops and I was back up to third, 11.0 behind Risky, still closing at a huge rate.
    A lap earlier than I wanted I ran wide out of the last turn and had no choice but to pit in, rejoined in 6th and went about catching the lead group with Bry and TheStig a few seconds up the road. Risky's super late stop meant he joined them, and as they battled I arrived inside 3 laps, setting up shop behind Risky ready to take back the position as soon as there was an opening. Didn't have to wait long as Risky had a huge swapper on out of the last turn and I went the outside again into T1, expecting that this time we'd get through clean having had practice, but nope, another nudge and wide we go again, this time I'd got some brake in there to soften the off and only lost 2 seconds and set off once again, now absolutely livid. Didn't last long as somehow managed to drop the rear wheel out of 4 and had the car spin across the road ploughing the random tyre barrier on the inside of 5, copping lovely engine damage to add some additional salt, and after rejoining 8th, I was passed with no power and fell back to 10th having lost another 15 seconds.
    The guys at the gates to Narnia must be sick of me by now as I started the climb again out of the wardrobe and started working forward, clearing apex and Razor, and setting off after motors. Grabbed Bryan while he was off the road. 4 laps to go and its 3.2 up to Motors, but I'm still trying, he seems close to SS so they might start to battle and trip up.
    3 to go and its 2.3 seconds.
    2 to go and its 1.7 seconds.
    Last lap and its 1.0 at the line, but Motors has caught SS.
    They fumble each other and by sector 2 I'm right on the back of Motors, SS runs the inside on the way to the final corner and I go the outside so I can get the best exit and a shot at maybe passing one of them. We enter the final turn and Motors props up to get a run on SS, whoever is faster of the two I'm following. I've got no idea where the apex is through the two of them, I make my best guess and start to power on, I get a hint this isn't right and lift for a moment, then get back on the power as I think I see the curb and am on a good line.
    It was not the curb. It was not a good line.
    Ended up a loooooooooooooong way wide, and despite my best efforts the inexplicable complete and total lack of grip on the dirt sees me smash into the end of the pit wall and come to a dead stop. I grab reverse immediately and am met with lots of engine RPM and wheelspin, but no motion, as the car presses into the wall harder. Eventually reverse engages and it moves off the wall, and I attempt to limp forward but yay more engine damage, no acceleration and 11th place for me.
    I briefly considered just sending it through the pits but the way my race had been it'd probably deposit me on the other side telling me I hadn't finished the race yet.
    There are 3 objects in the entire layout that are not the outside wall. I hit 2 of them square on, got engine damage both times. Its not every week I go off the road 4 times, its fewer I get pushed there twice in the same week, and fewer that I come to a complete halt more than once.
    Kindly Risky has showed me his replay and it clearly shows him leaving space on his end, so I don't even get to be mad at anyone for all the crap that happened.
    I took absolutely nothing away from this weekend, no fun on track battle, no race long fight and associated strategy battle, no recovery drive or great story to tell about perseverance and a never give up attitude and what they can achieve. The only thing I took away is an even stronger hatred for this place. Where's @JonoStan96 got to? Until he reports in to say otherwise, I'd have been better off joining him in 007s torture room.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Felt like playing GTA instead, needed a week off to recharge my batteries after what has been a torrid season, qualifying at the back at the worst race track in the world would have done more harm than good.
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I didn't race this week.

Feeling the same, tbh. Really enjoyed not racing last night. This season's on track action has either been watching paint dry or a live performance of Days of Our Lives. More than likely going to sit out the rest of the season and see what S3 offers.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well said. Was hoping for an awesome battle as we were equal on points heading into that round but internet said no.
    StigsTC and stucar17 like this.
  10. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Damn hybrids hey, bloody bs ;)
    JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Good drivers don’t hide behind their crappy internet. :p
    CaptainRisky21 and Mezign like this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I mean I did that for years. You just get used to seeing guys who are 2 feet wide of you suddenly veer off and you know its lag. Usually I'd be battling Filo and we had the luxury of waiting for one another in those series lol.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Ah yes. There was a time in GT6 league when your nickname was LagsDC. :laugh:
    StigsTC likes this.
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Pretty easy solution though, start out front and run away. Then nobody gets to notice if you have bad lag or not. If you can't run away its ok, you just let the lag shield work for you making it impossible for others to pass! In hindsight, this is more fun when its working for you not against you.
  15. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I tryed that before in GT6 by lap 10 i’ll d/c :laugh::laugh:
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    There we go people. Go to Beaus place and make him lag and the wins are on the table!
    Tristan Jones and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Its because you weren't going fast enough to finish the race in time! Good to see you've gotten fast enough to outrun your internet.
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Too bad the reverse happens when he comes to mine, damn 2015 GTPES N24 :cry:
    KeedenMcdonald, StigsTC and Matthyus like this.
  19. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Wasn’t only your place mate, happened for the CORE N24 as well in 2016 :laugh:
    It’s was like if I was a jammer at your place tho lol
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Fair enough i made contact but seriously. Over 30 second penalty.