GT Sport Season 3 Car Vote

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Which cars would you prefer for Season 3 GT Sport?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2018.
  1. BMW M3 SPORT EVOLUTION 1989

32.5%
  2. HONDA RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT 2016

25.0%
  3. SUBARU WRX GR.4

27.5%
  4. HONDA NSX GR.3

17.5%
  5. NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC II 1994

37.5%
  6. LEXUS AU TOM'S RCF 2016

42.5%
  7. NISSAN MOTUL AUTECH GT-R 2016

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Looks like I'll be channeling Nick Cassidy this season
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Move the brake bias forward on the Honda Gr.2 and it’s a pearler of a drive, amazing turn in and rewards commitment, Lexus seems dreary in comparision, but it’s a GT500 so it’s instantly better than anything else on offer at the moment.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Those that can, do.
    those that cant, only drive cars on race tyres....

3 cheers for the understeering M3

It’s a challenge!!

I will even quote @Mezign (cough cough)

“And sports tyres dammit! Not a racing car, no racing tyres. It drives better on less grippy tyres cause it doesnt hinge on the nose.”

Others too have said same but you cant see them as they are hiding. Under mummys apron strings.
    Mezign likes this.
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    @NAACS, I legally drive slow cars on road tyres every day, I have driven at race speeds on road tyres in the past, why would I want to do the same in a racing league?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Because it makes it fun and challenging for "all" not just the few numptys up top that think they are racing drivers.

I spent long times racing RGT's on CS or SH at the ring in GT6 and it made it so much more satisfying to do a good time there with a really hard car to drive. Concentration levels and reaction times to the cars attitude and handling whilst making it go fast was the best fun.

Yes, race cars are fast but they won’t make you a faster driver. That’s the key. If your slow, then you will still be slow in a race car just a lost faster slow. Whilst you are going woohoo its fast the same old boys are still going that much faster still.......

Poor handling tyres on non-race cars are like having rain come down in a real race. It’s a great equalizer. Fast racers in race cars, on race tyres are not necessarily going to be fast in the rain because the car is unpredictable.

Give yourself an even chance next season whilst improving your driving when using the M3. Or simillar.
    Its like the old adage. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. Its going round the corners too thst make a fast lap. Wouldnt it be more satisfying to you to have done that yourself rather than with a tyre and car combo that does it all for you?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Bad tyres generally mean bad racing, the car wont turn in enough to have more then the single racing line, having slow car can counter that but your not going to get the level of racing with gripper tyres.

Sure it makes it easier to drive but it also creates more chances to overtake.
  7. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Theres more chance the guy in front will make more mistakes on poor tyres as they out brake themselves or simillar. Allowing the racer following to pounce. With grippy tyres the guy in front sits on the line and where does the racer behind go? On exactly the same line behind.
    Poor tyres create more chances and are a true leveller. The field stands a sporting chance of being closer together.
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Before last season when the Mustang was first confirmed we started experimenting on tyres. @Captain_Risky_21 @NAACS @pat65 and myself all did 3-5 lap races on various compounds. On racing rubber Risky would smash us all. Naacs and I were about 0.5-1.0 off his pace with Pat a further 0.5-2.0 down. On sports rubber we battled every corner for the entire race with pat waiting only a second behind us all race.

Racing tyres spreads out the field. Look at the difference in field spread between those that ran in S1 and S2. Other than Beau the entire league tightened up because we were running a car with very little mechanical grip. Take away the grip and the aliens come back down to earth.

Other benefit of less grippy tyres is overtaking. The Kyoto sprint round was a nightmare in Div1. So many drivers really close on pace and it became near impossible to overtake someone without a stewards enquiry post-race. Less grip means there is a less definitive racing line. You can be creative with your driving.

On car selection I think Gr2 is going to result in a lot of rage quits and people ditching the series early. I have no interest in driving them myself either. I get that it's exciting having new cars, but they make no sense to me for this league with the variable pace between drivers. I did 4 laps in the Campaign Mode series and ditched it. Anything more than Gr3 on a controller is uncomfortable to drive for long periods of time.

I like my racing how I like my women. Cheap and slippery.

Gospel. :thumbsup:
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Maybe in lower divs, but in higher divs the racing is bad, as long as you hit your braking points no one is going to get passed without some serious contact.

The Mustang is a special case because the car had the most numb front end, no amount of grip was going to make that front end more lively. There was only going to be 1 line into any corner with that car.
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I don't find them fun and obviously I'm not one of the numpty's up top.

I wish they would hurry up and give us wet weather, and I'd still want a faster car.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Its just a game. There is no reason we cant race in any car on any tire with any amount of grip. I for one would like to try a front wheel or all wheel drive just because we never do. I dont see why you would want to do the same thing over and over again. But being that there is a majority there will never be a vote in favour of a minority. And tje majority dont seem to want to try different things
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    higher divs (DIV-1) the racing is bad (PERIOD).

The Mustang - no amount of grip was going to make that front end more lively
    "Well Less grip would've made it considerably more exciting"
    Patience makes for better overtaking. Whereas demolition "ego bourne" derby makes for poor racing
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Maybe the car, and the tracks should be selected via a random drawer in future seasons? I don't know how viable this would be though.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I have been doing div 1 seasons since GT5 not all Div 1 racing is bad the car and tyres is heavily dependent.
    I remember back in early GT6 i think it was FWD almost won, back in GT6 FWD cars where much better though.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Between gt5 gt6. 27 seasons. Season 1 HPA tt awd, i think. Season 12 gt6 r35 tc 4wd. Not one fwd. They dont even get a vote in
    Mustafur likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

We get to run them in the TCR going on. That will have to do.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I couldn’t disagree more with what’s being said here, I’ve been doing Div 1 for 5 years almost and the best racing has always been in cars with better grip. Citroen GT, BRZ, HSV, 908, the racing on offer was a far better experience than something awful like the Pozzi. Last season was a complete shocker and the amount of incidents was unprecedented. It is a misconception that worse tyres produce better racing.
    Mustafur likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

You just play the game different when the cars and grip changes. Example. You @JonoStan96 love the grip and the high speed of say the f1 seasons gr.1 etc. I on the other hand actually dont mind it when you actually have to pull the car up before you turn it in and you cant just mash the the loud pedal on the way out. Hence fwd, awd.
    This in fact is probably why our assetto corsa rooms are so small. Nobody actually wants to learn to drive a different way.
    Surely at some point it is time that one such car gets through. It obviously wont be this season. Im not the biggest fan of the gr2 cars but im still gonna be there having a go
    emmo46 and Zachery like this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    [​IMG]
    NB: I aint being personal im just stating a fact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.