GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    In my post race delirium I forgot to save the replay, could somebody share please.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll do that tomorrow for you, unless someone gets to it first
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think you should have a good talk to your pit crew as well before next season. Running out of fuel doesn't win races.;)
  4. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Well done @emmo46 on the championship and wow!, kudos to @Bluemoon for an awesome comeback to sneak through to second in the championship with an excellent drive to win the last round!:thumbsup:
    Also commiserations to @Matthyus. I feel your pain!:(
    Great racing all season from you guys & everyone else!:thumbsup:
    Noxrai, Bluemoon and emmo46 like this.
  5. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I
    I actually thought for a moment he was being Viktor!:roflmao: (until @Matthyus passed him as well)
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wow what an interesting race / season.
    Before I begin, Congratulations to @emmo46 for taking out the D3 Championship. You raced very well all season long and your sound strategies couldn't be beat. :thumbsup:
    Onwards and up my friend.

Before the race, I had believed that the battle for 2nd was on between @Buster_Danis and myself. @Bluemoon was a fair way away but had to win and have results go his way to be considered.
    Well, 1 should not count their chickens before they hatch!!

With Blue racing a sublime race once again he took the win with FL, Buster and I coming 4th and 5th, Blue takes 2nd by 1 point (104) with Buster and I tied on (103) , however Buster pips me on countback. :(
    So here I go, thinking that a podium finish in my first proper D3 race was on the cards, it slipped out of hands like my car this race.

So a well done to @Bluemoon and @Buster_Danis is well in order.

However, with all that said, I feel that this has been a really competitive season and I'm looking forward to more battles with you all.

Cheers and see you in Season 8!!
    Russell, Noxrai, Bluemoon and 4 others like this.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Congratulations on clinching the championship emmo
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, Before the season started I never thought I could win it among these guys, I thought a few podiums maybe. I think the tire regulations suited me.
  9. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

... & the ability to not make stupid mistakes may have helped also!:thumbsup: (unlike myself!:rolleyes:)
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That's what prevented me being on the podium. My racing was well below what I expected to be in the running. By the end of the season I'm actually where I thought I'd end up.
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Not the most enjoyable race to finish up the season on. I was running mid pack for a good part of the race but was ultimately let down by a slightly amended strategy (should've gone with my original plan) and two self-induced offs, both at the long turn 5 left-hander. The first was in the dirty air behind Banana_josh after he came out of the pits in front of me, the second my own fault putting the right rear just onto the grass - for the first time all week!! I was also put off early to mid race when my DS4 switched off robbing me of the sound through my headset. I had to wait for two runs down the straight to take it off then my 2nd pit-stop to turn ti back on and put the headset back on.

I could've been a tad more assertive in attempting to pass @Tristan Jones mid-race but I was coming up on my next pit stop so there wouldn't have been much advantage.

Congrats to @emmo46 for the Div 3 win, I had much fun this season keeping up with you all, nearly getting an actual podium at the sprint round, improving my driving through watching and learning from the faster drivers (and a judicious bit of seat time during my break from work). I think I'll miss this car.

Commiserations to @Matthyus and @Buster_Danis on the wash-up for the minor placings. It was exciting listening to the battle for what they thought was second place.
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Congrats emmo. World Champ!
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

@Buster_Danis - once again a good battle my friend. Looking forward to the highlights. I think I was a bit passive on my attempts to overtake, as I didnt want to ruin your race (and final standing). But you also defended pretty well :)

@emmo46 Congrats on the win mate. The tyre and fuel regs definitely helped with your style of driving :p
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There were only two races where I had the best pace and the strategy sealed those wins. Two other races I was definitely not the quickest but strategy and clean races got me home in front. Moon actually beat me in three of the five races he competed in so I'm thinking he would have won it if he was able to run the full championship.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Maybe this is moons sly way of staying in D3:D
    emmo46, Easyprey007 and Noxrai like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Congratulations Emmo!
    LennonLegend1993, emmo46 and Noxrai like this.
  17. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I would prefer to stay with Emmo :) we are on similar pace most of the time.
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I doubt it. Emmo has better consistency while I don't do well under pressure. Emmo would probably take 4 wins while I take 3 :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    We'll / I'll be looking at the divisions in the coming weeks, once the sign up thread goes up at least :D
    Hoping to have it nicely evened out, as it seems to be getting better.
    If you would like to move up, I think both of you will do well in D2, I would foresee possible podiums if not just outside of it for both of you. Solid mid pack racing!!
  20. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Top 3 go up bottom 3 go down.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.