GT5 GT5 Spec 2.0 is coming DLC to follow

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SEIDO463, Sep 28, 2011.

1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Ooooooh wow....
    Looking forward to this.

"Spec 2.0" doesn't sound like a minor update to me, so I'm expecting some big changes.

And DLC!! New tracks? New cars? I'm sold already I reckon.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Old Holden Ford, Bathurst and the v8 supercars are the most things Aussies have been asking for on GT planet. But Doubt we will ever get any thing form these guys, like in the passed with inclusion in GT5 sanctioned race events.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool, hopefully a fix for the ride height tuning glitch.

I noticed in my practise at Autumn ring last night.....

It seems tuning menu and exterior visuals are consistent, low at the back in the menu equals low at the back when viewing your vehicle. We all know that already, and we all know that it performs as if it was low at the front!

But what I noticed using bumper cam was from this view it feels the opposite, as is the nose if pointed downward (consistent with the performance).

Boy didn't PD get themselves confused on this one. It's all over the place!
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This sounds very promising....

And maybe Pikes Peak will be included... Red bull says Pikes Peak is in GT5

It would also be cool if they make the PSeye head tracking work in GTLife A-spec. I bought one and it's cool (you can look around freely without using the look left/right buttons) but it only works in arcade mode.

Here's hoping PD live up to expectations :p
  6. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

should have tried to win one instead :p
  7. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Kaz has just tweeted/is currently tweeting the new features in the update:

01. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
    02. User control of the weather change feature
    03. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
    04. Spec 2.0 Opening movie
    05. Improved UI response and usability
    06. Replay front forward/rewind
    07. Mid-race save feature for endurance races
    08. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
    09. Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)
    10. Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar)
    11. Added a NASCAR Pit Scene stage to Photo Travel
    12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

[​IMG]

EDIT: ...and that's not all...

13. Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport (Kaz's Car from the Nurburgring 24 hours)
    14. Improved physics and AI...
    15. Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.

EDIT 2:
    Something like this. For the DLC were preparing a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack...Ill let you know more about...
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Sounds pretty damn good to me :D
    Cant wait.
    Don't really understand why they're getting so into NASCAR though..
  9. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    15. Support for the Logitech G25/G27 Steering wheel.

I know alot of people who are happy hearing that.... but seriously did this need to take this long?
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Alot of needed additions there. took long enough aye.
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Release date for 2.0 has been set for October 11th and some screenshots of the new features

Link
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    This is the latest (from gtplanet), sweet as.
    The update will hit before Rooz Season 5 :)

Kazunori Yamauchi has been sharing a boatload of new details via Twitter this morning on the previously announced Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update coming later this month. Heres an overview of what we can expect from 2.0, which will be made available to everyone for free:

* Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
    * User control of the weather change feature.
    * Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
    * New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
    * Improved UI response and usability.
    * Replay forward/rewind.
    * Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
    * Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races).
    * Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
    * Added NASCAR Pit Scene stage to Photo Travel.
    * Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
    * Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
    * Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
    * Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.

Commenting about the update, Kazunori had this to say about the companys inspiration and motivation for the new features:

The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.

Kazunori has also provided some information about DLC, which will become available sometime after Spec 2.0 is released and will include a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack. Stay tuned for more details on those soon, and thanks to all of you who sent this in!

UPDATE: A batch of new screenshots featuring the Spec 2.0 changes and additions have now been released. The release date for 2.0 has also been set for October 11th, as confirmed by the PlayStation Blog.
  13. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I have a feeling that that's not everything coming in the update, as in the picture with the GT-R there are two new race modded cars, a FD3S RX7 and a 2010 Impreza WRX sedan.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This looks fantastic. Well done PD for listening to your community and taking a gutsy look in the mirror!
    And my personal favourite is extra settings for narrowing down lounge car selection and the simplified interior views for standard cars.... this Cateram view looks sweet.

[​IMG]

Makes you feel so much more IN the car/game.
    I wouldn't have been hard either, I mean the complete car models are already there, they just needed to place a camera.

Hopefully "improved physics" includes fixing the back-to-front ride height settings.
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Agreed, I mean, it's a pain in the arse and makes your cars look ridiculous!

All in all pretty pleased to hear about this update tho, very happy about the cockpit views for standard models and the mid race save feature for enduro's, much needed, and I bet anon is happy about the forward/reverse functions in replays.

This will actually offer some competition for Forza 4 now, lookin forward to it!
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    this looks really good for the hardcore racers that use the G25/27, as i have a G27 and half the god dam buttons can't be bloody used,( programmable buttons would be a greater advantage incluing a PS button ) so i'm looking forward 2 the up date for this 1 reason. as for the 11 NASCARS, bit disappointed they couldn't come up with something better like some old school and new AUSSIE MUSCLE CARS!! as we are pretty much the only country that don't have wide range to pick from, we got 2 V8 cars that sound like worked up V6'S, NOT HAPPY. and new tracks is going to be good but hold my breath for bathurst or any aussie tracks, so whatever we get in this new 2.0 update we are just going to have to like or lump it.
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I hope they bring Midfield Raceway back in the course pack, one of my favourite tracks from the GT series.
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Definitely. I loved that track.
    Something Australian would be awesome. Bathurst or some other australian track like Eastern Creek. Throw in the VE Commodore and the FG Falcon aswell. Very unlikely..but can only hope haha.
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    This update will be out on the 11th. The same day as the Final Round of the 501-Series.
    The race will be on in the evening so depending exactly when the update becomes available
    just try to DL it before race time. Just a heads up.

Cheers guys.
  20. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yay!... took them long enough.