GT5 GT5 Spec 2.0 is coming DLC to follow

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SEIDO463, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Downloading it now, i'll be on it tonight for a bit of a blast to see how things have changed.

It'll be the first time for me in about 6 months so even if nothing has changed it'll feel different haha.

The updates look promising though, looking forward to trying the new features out. And Spa for GT5! I remember the excitement when iRacing announced it and this is no different!
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    What a great, awesome, wiked update!
    Kaz's car sounds great with a racing muff! just tested it on the Ring. Also noticed there is now a Nordschliefe/change weather/change time, where as before Change weather was only in the 24hr version, nice!.

I've got a room open now. Join and test!:)

Driving the formula gt is so much better now with the cockpit cam!
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    2.0 settings 4 the G27's buttons are abit jumbled around it seems smooth and more precise. it easy to get around but it take time going back and forth from the options list, and you've work it all out with some note taking its 100% better. well i think anyway.

:cool: as bonus c ya soon trade some paint, bumbers and maybe a grill or 2 m8
    :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :p :lol:
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Still no word as to whether back-to-front ride height settings have been corrected... anybody here tested it?

Edit - mid race saves force you to resume so don't start an enduro planning to save and go do something else...
    Just like the mid-championship saves so nothing unexpected, but still a little bit of a bummer.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Someone on GTP is listing all the unannounced update reports so I'll abandon mine and let them do the work... :p
    It's good to have a list so we don't all have to troll through the 200+ pages on GTP about the spec2.0 update.
    Un-Official list of unannounced SpecII features (@GTP)

Their list seems to be missing a bit ATM so I'll keep adding to mine where I can. Added a couple more items to the original list..
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    This looks good. The touring cars look great too. I think someone might have to start a new Wednesday league "touring cars".
    I'm downloading it now. I'll have a little geeze, but I wont have my wheel working with it so just the ds3.
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    IMO, the new slipstreem feature has expanded the track list. There are lots of tracks that were usless until now. Monza, HSR, Daytona road, Indy road, Tokyo, the list goes on. These were all track plagued by long straights. It will be great to finally enjoy a proper race at Monza!!
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by 2.0 to be honest. It just doesn't feel like as big a step up as I was hoping it would be.

Don't get me wrong, the update is welcome but I just wish there was more. My thoughts:

- Replay FF/REW is half arsed just skipping forward/back some amount of time. I wanted proper 'jump to' x time in the race, or slow-mo.
    - Interior views, not that I care about them, but it's just a black shape. They may as well not have bothered.
    - Seasonal events have been nerfed. Payout is like 1/3 of what it used to be.
    - Login bonus is nice though.
    - Changes to lounge restrictions are nice. Opens up any car to be raced in the league
    - I wanted more events. Where are single make races/manufacturer races. The lack of events in GT5 overall has been a big letdown for me.
    - DLC: Spa is awesome. But only a few racing car variations. Meh.
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I think this update is pretty good.
    In reply to Flood, slow-mo in the replays would be great to see and still more control in the time skip. But it's better than it was.
    I like having the interior views on the standard model cars. Each car now has more of a unique feel. I can use the mirrors, which is good. They just need to have working wipers in the wet.
    The Fireblade 7 and the Formula GT are now so much more enjoyable. Haven't tested out any other open top cars yet.

The DLC looks cool. Spa is a great edition and it has weather too. I like the Kart track theme. Will look cool drift battling there!
    A bit disappointed with only two new tracks but it does say beginning from the 18th...
    Bring back all the old GT classics...SSR11 and so on, with weather and time! EPIC.
    The car pack is pretty sweet. I like the variation in the Karts.

So thanks to PD for working on our feedback. They will make this into an even better game if we all give our ongoing feedback.

Let's hope to see more updates and DLC in the very near future....I think there will be!
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Just having a run around Monza. They've fixed the shortcut penalties through the chicanes. Won't be so hard to police now.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Tested some cars and reversed their ride heights.. stupid PD still haven't fixed this!
    It's so ridiculous. Even their own little blurb in the tuning help menu (yellow question mark under suspension settings) states that lower front / higher rear increases the tendency to oversteer, and yet the tuning inputs do the opposite! WAKE UP! :mad:
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I found that on the G27 you need to transpose the top buttons on the steering wheel with the leftmost and rightmost red buttons on the shifter. Apart from this button mapping works perfectly.

Maybe they have different button mappings on the Japanese model of the G27?
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, same with the second last corner at trial mountain. Can't cut it all.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I was messing around with the setting sheets yesterday and changing from A to B setup would also change my wheels back to the standards (on my 458) even though I made all the other mods the same... perhaps have to go back into GT Auto with the 'B' setup loaded and put the same wheels on.

Does anyone know what the hell 'create thumbnail' actually does? I tried it and nothing seems to happen. Does it just update the Power-PP etc to your latest settings (or any change from SpecII)

Physics definitely feel different. For better or worse I'm not sure.
    According to reports on GTP, and the footage on the new intro video, it looks like crash and roll over physics have been improved.
    I read one guy crashed head on into a wall and the rear end of his car jumped up in the air. Sounds good.

New online restrictions for different categories of cars and to prohibit any tuning mods is good. Vintage American Muscle I'm sure will be a popular class!

Oh and there's a setting to adjust the strength/agressiveness of the AI in arcade mode. Look under your options menu.

That list on GTP doesn't seem to be being updated so I've gone back to mine.
    KoAStR's list of Spec 2.0 unannounced features
  15. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I have no idea what thumbnails are for either.
    I thought it might be to update the small image of the car in the garage if you were to change body/wheel colours, but even then why would you need or want to manually update it; doesn't make sense. So I got no idea what it does.

I felt that driving physics are different too, though I haven't done much racing yet so can't be sure on how different.
    I agree that crash physics have changed; I was t-boned against a wall last night during race countdown and the car reacted differently, sorta jumped up a bit.

Has anyone watched the new intro? It's much the same as the old one with bits of footage of Spa and the new DLC cars.
    However, more excitingly it also shows clips of the X2011 on what looks alot like the huge oval test course from GT3/4. More DLC in future??
  16. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Thumbnails has been my favourite update so far. My old PS3 got yellow light of death earlier this year and I resorted to the hairdryer trick (if confused look on Youtube)to get it going long enough to salvage all of my save data. After I had transferred the data to my new PS3 I found that I had lost half of my thumbnails when scrolling through my cars. It was very annoying. I activated create thumbnail for all cars last night and wallah! Thumbnails are all back. Was very pleased about that. And that is my story.
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Yea, I think there will be more DLC for sure. It does say, DLC starting Oct 18th also.

The physics do feel different I think. And after watching the 2.0 opening movie seeing the rally cars rolling over, that was cool. Nice movie... got me pumped!

After watching the replays of last nights 501 round. I think the frame rate is up a bit as well as the graphics. Good stuff!
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Loving the drivetrain restrictions in the online lobby's too
    FR | FF | MR | 4WD | RR

This with the new car class restriction (F1 | SuperGT | Ferarri Road Cars etc) and option to prohibit all tuning mods should make it easier to implement some great multi-make racing and really open up the selection for next Sunday's one-make series.

Added to KoAStR's list of Spec 2.0 unannounced features
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

After having a quick look at the replay function i've noticed that it skips to the next/last sector line you pass.
    +1 on your other observations. :)