GT5 GT5 Spec 2.0 is coming DLC to follow

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SEIDO463, Sep 28, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good observation on the time skip to sectors Miki.

Wow I haven't raced on any version of Spa since Gran Prix Lengends, and the '60s versions of the tracks were usually a bit different. Still it looks vaguely familiar and very nice!

Did you guys see the note on the forum?. Only the guy hosting (who did the sneakpeak) needed to have purchased the track for everyone to be able to race it in an online lounge..... nice little feature there to stop people getting booted out of online lounges and give them a taste of the DLC before purchase ;)

BTW confirming that you can have different wheels for each settings sheet just as you can have different configurations of tuning parts.
    But, if you paint the wheels that colour is applied to all other (non-standard) wheel options.
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just did some testing with the new 'tyre load indicator'.
    I think this name is a bit misleading and it's really more of a 'suspension travel/load indicator'.

Case in point - testing in banked corners at High Speed Ring.
    With soft springs the load indicator reaches full and shows a red exclamation mark* easily
    Stiffen the springs and the indicators don't show the red exclamation so easily - handling is more stable and predictable.

*Handling charactersitcs suggesting this inidcates suspension bottom out, and does not show just when breaking traction or drifting.

So for ride height and spring settings it could be a good tool, but it doesn't seem partciularly useful for tuning camber angles.
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Cool, thanks for that Koastr.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I check the speed difference with the weak slip stream at the end of HSR.

You have to be about 0.5s behind to catch a toe (not like the 1 - 2s before spec2.0).
    Passing Seido's FTO Super Touring Car in my FordGT (both high DF cars) I was doing 10-12kp/hr more with the slip stream by the end of the HSR straight, both of us around 290-300km/hr.

That seems ALOT better. Perhaps still a little strong in terms of speed gain but the range at which you catch it feels about right now. Obviously in slower cars with less downforce the gains would be less pronounced again.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Yea I was watching the slipstream difference too... thinking is he catching me?... yes! he's gaining..oh shyte lol

I like the Weak setting.
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Back to the subject of weather settings, using the same settings for GWES Rnd2 after a few mins it started raining but only lightly, for about 10 mins. The surface water % didn't move from 0 then it stopped raining. Never seen that before!

I'm impressed by the weather system in this game!
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Since the update I think the mechanical damage has been fine tuned a bit.
    Before it seemed too sensitive and inconsistent with just minor bumps giving suspension/wheel damage.

After all the prac I did for GWES R2, close racing with Koastr for 20 laps and a bit of prac for R3 last night at SSR5 where I brushed and tapped the walls a bit, I didn't get any mechanical damage. Just cosmetic.

So, pretty cool I think.
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    DLC hits at 6:00pm tonight!
  9. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    YEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA, much loved spa is back O how i've missed that 7kms of lovely black winding road.
    next question is what grid will it start us on?
  10. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    According to a Japanese source, the DLC is locked to one account (so no DLC for anyone who has to have a second account for purchasing DLC - so no DLC for me as I'm stuck on a sub-account :mad:), there are only one of each paint chip and cars are not buyable from the dealer - so there's no way of returning back to stock if you do engine tuning or weight reduction.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6054761#post6054761