GT6 Division 1 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Yea.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    did your mind under steer passed the agreement option
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Should be back to norm this round, but how many do we have left ?

I think dan damo and natman have gone, question marks on pykey, mustafur and beau
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Beau is on Pcars and pykey has basically given up on sim racing
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Running veeeeery slim :confused:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I will be there.
    Never was my intention to run the Bathurst round after the actual race, love my beer to much:D the round before was due to circumstance, but I have no inclination to give up even tho I am running against you aliens and the wannabe aliens, I actually enjoy the challenge! Even tho I am at best div 2 material....
  7. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    And Dan better be back, I still have a joker to use on him!
    skywalker likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Pykey who?
    His team doesn't even hear from him....
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pole: Warrior
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty @&$!ed off with 3rd to be honest, had the pace to challenge for the win but it wasn't to be. Great battle and win warrior. Those last few laps were some of the most stupid laps ever. Not pleased at all at having the newest tyres yet being the most destroyed at the end. It's what I get for pushing hard I guess.
    emmo46, warrior2167 and Ben78 like this.
  10. Ben78

Ben78 New Recruit

PSN ID
    nebneb1978
    Can't believe I managed a 2nd place in that race. I didn't get the best qualifying lap which I was capable of & started 3rd on the grid. Messed up the start by jumping the gun & received a 2 sec penalty. I went from 3rd to 7th. Fought my way back to 3rd with a great battle between me & @seth123 . I entered the pits in 2nd spot one lap earlier than my original race strategy & came back out in 6th place. I slowly got back to 4th with a long gap to @seth123 & @N64TheStig007 I kept creeping closer to them knowing that their tyre wear was rapidly decreasing by the minute. With less than half a lap to go I manged to over take them to get into 2nd place 17 secs behind @warrior2167 Great race guys looking forward to our endurance race @ monza next week. :):thumbsup::D
    Russell and warrior2167 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    As for next week, can we have a new tyre reg, maaaybe to normal?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't think it will be needed. tires last a long time at monza
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I think the reason is having to conserve tyres in a 40 min race suuuuuucks.

Tyres are good at Monza though, it'll be good fun.

(It'll be a 2 stop anyway as you'll use more than 200L).
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well my weekend sucked :( Clocked up over 24 hours doing an upgrade on the NBN network. Had a break to race, which was good, but my mind was still partly ticking over what I could do to fix the issue work wise. Good news is after the race, I managed to sort it out by around 11pm :)

Was still happy with my pace on the hards, made a couple of mistakes and every time paid dearly with getting swamped by the pack, but it was good fun! Unfortunately I didn't adjust to the softs very well (my outlap really sucked as I didn't even catch Seth!). I let @N64TheStig007 go, hoping I could use him to catch @seth123, but lost a lot of time trying to clear @Russell. Held @Ben78 for a few laps (both losing time as I was being a tad defensive), but the inevitable happened when I went wide in sector 1. Stellar drive Ben, to catch Jono and Seth!

Haddon caught me with a couple to go, I hoped I could hold him, but he was too strong on a couple of lap fresher tyres.

All in all was a good race, with some great battles. Alas, a little disappointed with my driving, but it was a great interruption to an otherwise shocking weekend.

Dave, was flawless as always. Only did 2 flying laps for qualifying and put in a 2:06! Congratulations on you 4325435 straight championship!
    warrior2167 and seth123 like this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    weight ballast to that warrior bloke :p:roflmao::whistling:
    skywalker likes this.
  16. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks luke, I did have newer tyres on lower fuel for those 2 laps.

The long wait for the lights to go did catch a few out which helped Jono and me to break away. The gap did let us have a fantastic battle for the lead over a number of laps, that was really a fun battle but I think I was actually over-driving in trying to break the draft from Jono, which did hurt my tyres.

A good sector from me and slightly slower from Jono did stretch that gap enough to let me escape and begin to pull away with each lap. Jono was still hanging in there and the lead was less than 4 seconds at the stop. Because of the way this track kills tyres, it's better to be consistent and aim for a time I could repeat each lap, for me it was mid to low 4's and I was able to hold that time until the last lap.

During my race I could't help but the notice the awesome race for the podium, well done guys. I was kind of cheering for seth because I could see that his tyres were gone. Definitely looking forward to next weeks race, should be a good one.
    JonoStan96, Ben78 and seth123 like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Not sure if it's the car that doesn't steer or something else. How hard is it to race cleany with 300hp?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    It's very hard man, i couldn't believe how hard it is because the car is just so fast ;)
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Pole, myself, FL, Seth
    Russell: 1:53.159
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wow. I'm lost for words right now.