GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as for the dsc issues, maybe you are having issues between yourself and someone else in the room. You didn't dsc last tuesday in my room, but on sundays it happens more regularly ... weird
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Geographic location will always have something to do with it too. Interstate connections are always going to add some lag, it doesn't matter how good your home connection is, home users don't get any priority. It wouldn't have helped that the PSN was probably full of casual racers who just watched Bathurst all day and want to have a crack themselves.
  3. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Good race everyone and apologies if my moment on skyline tripped up others. Great win whiteracer. A bit of chat on incidents which is never what you want to hear. Out of curiosity Stu/hat, what is the record for top 3 qualifications without a win? Worried I might be setting myself up for a regrettable statistic....lol.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think molch won the championship one season without a win all season lol
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I wonder if our warmup session was the universe trying to prepare you for things to come :D:D:D
    Adronaught likes this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I understand how you're feeling about the disconnections. Last season I disconnected 4 times out of 6 starts. And yes, I tried everything to improve my network, to no avail. Completely opposite to this season, yet I haven't changed any hardware or major settings. Sometimes it's combination of things (like incompatibility with host and/or other drivers) that's just out of your control.

So trust me, from experience, that things will eventually make a turn for the better. :)
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Russell and Adronaught like this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Russell, stucar17, Adronaught and 2 others like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    awesome finish
    looks like you guys had visible damage on, i've heard that can cause lag/connection iussues in a room (might be a trick of the light too)
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Lol! You guys are the greatest! :laugh:
    Obviously I have angered the Internet Gods...and obviously I ah let the frustration of it all get the better of me...so I apologise for venting my spleen in the 'irrational post DC rage like state' that I did gentlemen. Most unbecoming! I took it upon myself to top up the swear jar, and I'll put my hand up to cook the end of year BBQ, make a couple of salads, etc...it only seems fair. I'd also like to take the opportunity to apologise to PRT Captain @NAACS, and the rest of the PRT lads for bringing the team into disrepute...NAACS has confiscated my Vice Captain's badge until further notice, fair cop Pops, and we've discussed that should I be DC'd again this season, rather than take it out on those in the immediate vicinity, I'm to go immediately to the team bus and punch myself in the balls, just to get some perspective...I mean, it is only a game after all. I'd also like to thank everyone for their continued support through this difficult time...it's been a truly humbling experience, and even though my own shot at the drivers title has gone to pot, I just want to put it all behind me, and get my focus back on the job of contributing to the team, coz after all is said and done, 'team' is just an anagram of 'meat' isn't it?!
    Thanks for your patience everyone. Cheers :whistling:
  11. its-benny-racer

And this after Grassies and White set the same quali time!
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    its also an angram for mate :cool:
    stucar17 and Adronaught like this.
  13. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I think I would have done very well in this race I was setting low 2:09s on softs in practice after only a few laps last week. Hopefully I can make up the lost points next week
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Do you reckon we need a serious driver's briefing about this, Stu?
  15. its-benny-racer

I find that on the 1st lap people are too keen to make up track position in the heavy traffic. In most of the races I find myself being hit from behind while I'm focusing on not doing the same to cars in front of me. If people qualify further back, they shouldn't be trying to get to the front on lap 1.
    Adronaught and Easyprey007 like this.
  16. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Don't worry Adro we all understand Post Traumatic Race Disorder!
    Adronaught likes this.
  17. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    That's alright mate! I knew i didn't hit you for sure, as I broke early into T1 and let a position go in order to avoid lap 1 mayhem, and always brake at least 15 metres early in slipstreams to counter the effects ahha :)
    And welcome to the poor season club ;) I'm having a shocking one :/

I had alot of great racing at Bathurst which ended in my own mistake, i need to just practice as Indy has been the only one so far, will be practiing a plenty this week to fight for a podium again ;)

Looking forward to Sunday!!!!!
    Adronaught likes this.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In all honesty Bryan, there really isnt a lot left to be said.

We all know it's not intentional, and as someone else said, I get why people trying to make positions off the start while the field is close. Sometimes it works and we get a replay of someone making a legendary pass that Brock or Johnson would be proud of....more often though it ends up with someone feeling like they have been abused by their proctologist on their yearly visit, or used as a wall by a squash ball on crack ..... The network issues have proven to pop up as they always do, so that's just something that we have to live with and accept.

Just give each other room and if you are down the back of the grid brake early and roll into turn 1 so you can cope with the slow entry and concertina effect.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sometimes hanging back a bit on entry to the first corner if you are towards the back gives you room to pick your way through the carnage more easily and pick up a number of places anyway.
  20. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I agree with memo and Stu. If I am not in front, I always enter turn 1 cautiously rather than trying to surge through. This has cost me a few "rectal moments" as Stu mentioned. As they say - you can't win the race at the first corner but you sure can lose it.
    stucar17 and skywalker like this.