GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    btw we have a protest
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm not gonna complain about 5th in my first race. Especially since I did the 2nd stint with Hards on the front and softs on the back. Is what I get for trying to rush selection.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The fastest lap image is only at lap 26, some guys may have improved after that, have you got a later image?
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I checked, nobody improved after that point. That image showed the last lap before @Adronaught disconnected.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, that was a much better result than i thought i was going to get, albeit with a little good fortune, and a mistake free race....

I finally got my first 24 in qual and had provsional pole, till about half way before the end of the session, till Bryan, hatfield and BMW jumped ahead with a high 24 as well.......So 4th on the grid, surprising given how fast NAACS and a few of the guys were in the mid week prac sessions.....

I got through the chicane ok on the first lap, only to see Hat and Bryan slightly come together, i managed to avoid them and slip around the outside for second place behind a fast BMW....I followed for 2 laps i think before his wheel decided to sneeze (bad luck mate) and sent him into the barriers at turn 4, which left me leading from Bryan and Benny in third.

Was buggered if i knew when to pit, and when Bryan went in on lap 12 i think, i decided to run 2 laps longer and came in at the end of lap 14, hoping that he got caught up in traffic......i came out in 5th i think, just 1.5 secs behind him, and thankfully for both of us the guys ahead peeled off as we caught them which gave us clear air.....Hat did his best to catch and put on the pressure, and Bryan was just a little too fast in front and managed to get to the line 3 seconds ahead of me for what looked like a comfortable drive once the he hit the lead from the undercut......Great win mate.

Thanks to Hat for the room, all seemed to run ok, with the exception of Adro who unfortunately was bent over for some reason, we do have a potential protest,so results are provisional, but all seemed ok from where i was, hopefully not too much in it.

Looking forward to the sprint round this week......cheers stu
    AOCleaner74, Watto64 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  6. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

What's the tyre regs for the sprint round Stu?
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    race soft mate......same for qual
    Watto64 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I started in 6th so it must've been someone else in front of you who tangled with bryan.. I think @Whiteracer52 was third
  9. its-benny-racer

I started 5th, and it happened in front of me, I went around Whiteracer52 just after the chicane, Bryan was just in front of me after that.
  10. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Nice win Bryan:thumbsup:
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I had a good feeling going into this race, as the circuit seems to suit my driving style. During mid-week practice, I discovered, thanks to @Watto64, that an early pit was the way to go.

So during qualifying, I managed to match my personal best, a 1:24.6, giving me pole position. I was very pleased to see NLR lock out the front row, with @BMWF30328 lining up beside me.

I got away well enough, but approaching the first chicane, my pedal set slid away from me under braking, causing me to take too much speed into the turn, and I clipped the left barrier. This gave BMW and @stucar17 the opportunity to pass. Sorry to @Whiteracer52 for causing your collision penalty. I barely held on to third, with @its-benny-racer right on my tail.

I inherited second due to BMW's malfunctioning wheel, and I stayed close behind Stu until my pit stop on Lap 12. I came out right into the middle of some heavy traffic, potentially compromising my undercut strategy. Fortunately for me, when Stu was released from the pits two laps later, he was only just behind me.

From this point on, I was focused on running consistent laps to the end of the race, and managing the gap to Stu. I'm extremely happy to grab my first league pole and win in half a year! :)

Bad luck to BMW, he had race-winning pace, to @Mario, who ran out of fuel on the penultimate lap, and to @aranteamo, who ran out of fuel a few hundred meters from the checkered flag and lost a place at the line!

See you all at Grand Valley!
    Watto64, Russell and AOCleaner74 like this.
  12. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

No probs Bryan, it worked for me too!! :thumbsup:
  13. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Well done Bryan on your win, and Stu and Hat for placing second and third. I quali'd 11th I think...I couldn't hook up a lap without catching someone or getting in a faster cars way...it shat me a bit but them's the breaks...
    Got off the line and through first chicane ok...steady start and head down...had to be workmanlike and made good of others wobbles, armco rubs, and stoushes for track position (it's hard to remember without consulting the race replay)...I do recall working hard to get by @Azzbang237 (I kind of lost my mojo for a sec there Azz...sorry for stuttering and wobbling in front of you...I know I put you off line by recovering from a wall bash)...also tried real hard to get around @Randm90 (I tried outbraking around the outside into the chicane which seemed to be going well till I realised randm had no idea I was there, and I got pinned against the inside armco on exit, lol! Don't stress mate, it was an outrageously bold move on my part...desperate even, and I nearly got away with it, but I don't blame you for not expecting me to be there, lol! That's racing!)
    My tyres came good with some wear on them and I was able to pick up the pace and steady into a nice rhythm whilst pondering when I'd pit. Saw Hat pit at end of Lap 12 and thought "Hmmmmmmmm....", eventually pitting at the end of Lap 14. I think this enabled me to undercut a few guys who stayed out on RH's but I knew I'd pay later with more laps/wear on my RS's, so, go fast but don't wear em down...easy! Lol!
    @NAACS rounded me up in 3 or so laps so I ran off line to allow him to crack on without an unneccesary battle (as per Team orders, lol...na, not really...it only makes sense when there's a faster team mate behind you to get out of the way).
    Old Pops got away on me nicely and just as I felt I was starting to make ground on him (I seem to like the tyres 5 laps old or more) everything went black (I could only see Hat and myself on the driver list), and then it dawned on me...(insert electronic beep of 'DC death' sound effect)...effen DC'd 6 laps from the chequer! Eff me! I was so disappointed, but that's the way it goes...again, well done to Bryan, Stu and Hat! Thanks to Hat for hosting and Bryan for posting results.
    Looking to next week to get some runs on the board. Cheers.
    Randm90 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have lost my USB stick with the spreadsheets so cannot so the new versions until I get back to work Wednesday and get the backup files. Sorry for the delay
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Randm90 likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario New Recruit

PSN ID
    pinoy350
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Did the others say "unavailable" or havent replied ?
  18. its-benny-racer

It should be fine for me also.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, tire regs for this weeks sprint round are RS TIRES on NORMAL wear .

Qual is on RS, pits are open for the 10 min qual session, no pit required during the race.

Lots of grip, race 2 will be reverse grid as always, please be mindful of those around you, Race hard but FAIR !
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    haven't replied