GT6 Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done Bob. Won it in five! 1A next season without a doubt
    Adronaught and B-Spec Bob like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup:
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Not sure how I put it on the front row in Quali last week, but the race showed my real "no groove for you" pace. Oh well.

Well done on the championship @B-Spec Bob it's been a pretty impressive turn of pace at every round, well deserved.
    Adronaught and B-Spec Bob like this.
  4. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Good luck for tonight guys :D:D:D
  5. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Room frozen just trying to enter the room settings menu. Switched sound on but no audio.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Well done, Bob!

I know now just how much you were pushing right up to the final laps. You got some supreme confidence on that throttle pedal! Damn. You're an exceptionally deserving champion!

Sorry all for my absence last week. I needed a sabbatical round and I had a drinks function to attend.

See you all again for the final round!
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Results.
    Pole - Bob
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cola 12th - DSC at finish
    McCracken 14th DSC

[​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    FYI @emmo46
    Finishing time of 44:52.934 shown for @alovelycupoftea is actually @cola1001 's time. Teacup should be DNF (+180s).
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Last night helped me to realise the things I like about this car. Rear wheel drive, bucket loads of torque, instant throttle response, and enough grip to use it. The ability to cure a little bit of understeer with some careful use of the right foot, especially in 3rd gear corners, something none of the other finalist cars offered. It also makes you have to think more about when to upshift and downshift gears. To be able to drive this car on the limit, makes you a better driver in any car.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    An interesting night for me. Had ok pace to grab 4th on the grid and had a good start but didn't want to screw up someone's T1 and so settled into 4th/5th as we got started.
    Had some good battles but made a mistake early at Schu S and dropped back a few places. Then had another half spin later on but got lucky when @natmanscoop & @grassies tangled. Then on second to last, natman and I tangled which allowed grassies through and I couldn't get him back.
    Also pitted too late trying to get a clear lane.
    Still, happy with 7th considering my own mistakes.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks TB, did Mc Cracken set a time before DSC?
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good strong field in Div 2. the other 2 divs are thinning.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

At Le Mans, we are going to have to be very careful in heavy braking zones. If you are along side someone coming into a braking zone, you have a right to compete for the corner. Trying to dive bomb someone with a late maneuver, you are very likely to end up like Alonzo yesterday, ruining the races of yourself and other drivers.

My feeling is that if you aren't along side someone before the braking zone, allow enough gap that you don't get surprised if they brake earlier than you planned to. It's a long race, patience will be key.
    emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I rarely have anybody in range to try and outbrake any way.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  15. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Oh dear! I think an apology is in order...@McCracken27 I'm so sorry for ruining your race man! Never before in the history of my history of racing games (and I go back to "Pole Position" and "Super Sprint"...that's like 20 cent days), BUT, never before have I sat on the grid so expectant for the red lights to go out, and no sooner had they blinked out and I was turning hard right under full power into you...just tagged your left rear quarter panel...
    As the rest of you guys may have gathered, my bloody wheel was upside down (to be more accurate, it was one full turn to the right...and gave me no hint, inkling or warning! Nothing! I still can't believe it! Embarrassed? Sure! But doesn't compare to the feeling one gets after having taken out a fellow competitor...at the very bloody start of the race!
    So again Cracken, I am so very sorry for collecting you at the start man. Your blood must've boiled instantly, and I can't say I blame you. A very stupid mistake on my part...I don't even know how it happened! It's never happened before, like ever! But gees, couldn't have done it better if I tried...sorry dude...
    Easyprey007, Watto64 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I always have a short drive just before the start countdown runs out to make sure my steering is straight, sometimes there are shananigans (remember those) before the race start that can get your wheel turned around.
  17. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    what version of sarthe are we running with, trying to get some early practice in
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 ???
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    we did the '13 version after the event for a run but can't confirm if it was the 'right' version
    holdenman05 likes this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i got damage too :whistling: