GT6 Season 1 track discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 10, 2013.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Lee's list gets my vote. Good mix mate.
  2. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Very true. I'll have to learn what is acceptable blocking, and what is just being an arse.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    As stumbles said, would be good to have a read through the rules and regs.

With blocking, essentially we let you change your line once and then you must maintain that line to the corner entry. If you are in front, you have the right to take your preferred line, if another car has track position (the inside line) you must give way and give them racing room.
  5. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    I hope we do Trial Mountain, im in love <3
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Oh come on guys,:eek: surely we don't need to pound our way around Deep Forest,Trial Mountain,GVS,Indy Road,Daytona Road,Tokyo or the like,in any direction. :rolleyes:o_OWe've all been there,done that,whether it's in ROOZ league or just general play. Let's do some new stuff :cool:with maybe one of the above as Rd 1 to get new members in the flow of things:):)
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I don't think Spa or the like would be boring.2 seasons ago in the NSX type R ,which has way less power than the BRZ produced some of the best racing all season.If we use the tracks i mentioned in my above post,i'd bet most divs would have a runaway winner,with the field spread in groups of two at best,which is pretty much what happened the last 2 seasons. I'd say use the Day/Night function more.It's not hard to find the settings to have races start in the arvo,go to night at 1/3 distance & back to day at 2/3's to the flag.The Goodwood idea for Qual is different,but probably would result in the same grid every race,pretty much. I agree with Apricot hill,Bathurst(MUST HAVE) & maybe Rome,but apart from them i really think new tracks should make up the rest of the schedule!
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Lee's list is pretty good except for the last two tracks Tokyo & Nurburgring Nordschleife, they have been done to death and in my opinion need to be given a rest for one or two seasons.

Some of the new tracks are pretty good but i don't think Matterhorn will make for a great racing experience.

Day/Night cycle and weather is a great idea.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    1. Apricot Hill
    2. Grand Valley Speed Way Reverse (just to mix it up)
    3. Special Stage 5
    4. Cape Ring North (Free flowing, no long straights, so should suit BRZ nicely)
    5. Suzuka (Just coz I love this track)
    6. Matterhorn (Something different, nice flowing track, harder to overtake but still opportunities)
    7. Brands Hatch and Fuji Speedway F (2x sprint rounds on the night, one wet, one dry)
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The only reason I kept some old tracks is because if we use all new tracks, we'll have nothing new for season 2.
    Don't want to blow our GT6 wad in one go.
    Agree Nurburgring has been done a lot, but it is still the best test of skill in the game and the BRZ is absolutely stunning to drive on it.
    I like the night racing idea, just need to make sure it's on the right track...
    DekGT5mad and t_b_williams like this.
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Why not turn Nurburg into a wet race - *expecting hate mail now :)
    DekGT5mad and S_CLOSE like this.
  12. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    There hasnt been enough wet races over the course of the seasons IMO.
    DekGT5mad and WAC like this.
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    ***Shudders*** Thinks back to the Monza race in the Season 2 - Castrol Supra.. lag punted into the concrete braking markers on lap 1 and never catching up...lol
    leeboy910 and WAC like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Have they fixed bug where RS tires are faster in the wet weather conditions than Rain tires.
  15. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Really!? - A few people here are calling for tyre wear to be turned off until this bug is fixed - i agree.
  16. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Rain Masters event in single player is the series i used RS. They gave way more grip than inters or wets even on 100% wet track. Might have to test and see if this happens online.
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, my least enjoyable race over 13 seasons. Spent the whole race with the throttle at about 10-20% lol.
  18. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    That would be insanely difficult. I work up a sweat when just doing hot laps in the dry, I would be drenched in that situation.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I tested the BRZ in full wet conditions at Apricot Hill...in the dark...to say it was difficult would be an incredibly huge understatement.
    I was only on full throttle maybe 5-10% of the lap...even down the straight it would get the wiggles a little bit...
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, in those events the SS tyres were better than the full wets. Add the pit glitch in and a wet race becomes a logistical nightmare. Maybe once the boys at PD get their codes sorted.