GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT Series Bronze

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

No worries at all, up be in touch later
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    The 12hr race is getting me right in the mood.
    Will be good to see you start the race Konnor
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

I
    I've been practicing hard so will be good
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Good luck to @Konnor McCluskey tonight on ROOZ Debut :) Be warned guys, this kiwi is quick ;) Good luck to all and keep those tyres healthy!!
  5. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    He needs to add us as friends. Welcome mate:thumbsup:
  6. Konnor McCluskey

I've added everyone, how long till quali starts?
  7. Raedonwolf

Raedonwolf New Recruit

Sorry to anyone who I got in the way of this season. I had no time to practice and overdrove the car and made lots of mistakes.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well what a race! Qualified down the order having not yet run a practice lap and false started for 1 sec penalty but all got away cleanly through turn 1. Early on @Mario spun at skyline and rejoined in front of me and my change of line meant around I went. Battled back through to mid pack and stayed there until the half way pitstop where my accel registered ok for full tank of fuel :( . Came out in front of @Tanktex but I could hear that growling SLS coming and come it did when I made a small mistake to let him through. Then he started to make a gap until he made a mistake to let me catch up again only for me to do the same thing. I caught up to him again but with 10min to go he found another gear and shot away. Then I was in for the cruise home and I see Tank in the pits...bad luck :(

Great night only ruined by the random who was typing and talking crap at everyone...

I noticed @COME_AND_GET_ME7 type that the talking ruined his race, and while I agree it can ruin your race, distractions for a driver is good practice, think of it as a kangaroo hitting your car but not so severe ;) My handbrake asked me how long to go which caused me to run off at skyline lol
    Tanktex, Ad2mny and AOCleaner74 like this.
  9. Raedonwolf

Raedonwolf New Recruit

Im kinda glad that guy came in. I learned that my concentration needs work. Im gonna think of some training I can do to improve my focus.
  10. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    What a race!! Thanks to everybody for the series guys. Will post a race report later after I have a glass or two of red!:D
    Tanktex and Ad2mny like this.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well what a race that could have been if it wasn't for a certain someone. I could ignore the typing but the instant he turned his mic on and started yelling abuse at "bluey" i.e. me I stuffed up the final turn and my race was over......

With only 1 hot lap I managed to place myself 2nd with a slow 2:09.7. False started the start giving me a 2s pen which coupled with the RX7's poor starts saw me drop 5 or so positions down the grid. Was 9s down when flash somehow spins along the top of the mountain I pray i'm not going to hit him through the cloud of smoke but you guessed slammed straight into his side giving me a 6s pen front left and right suspension damage as well as engine damage. By the time I had gotten back up to speed I was 21s down and a further 2-3 spots down the grid. Managed to work my way through the field and into 3rd. Not long after my pit I was within 7s of AO at which time I got a little loose coming out of the dipper and smashed into the yellow tyres which don't exist in real life...... This had me 20s off the lead with 35 minutes to go. It was at about this time the piece of :poop: joined and started typing which was of little distraction to me as I was putting out consistent 8.5-9.5's lap after lap. I kept chipping away at AO's lead which was down to 3.9s prior to the troll turning his mic on. I'm so gutted I missed out on being able to battle pykey and AO in the last 10 min. :mad:

Overall this series has been a lot of fun racing you lot. Unfortunately i've gotta go be the moving chicane in div 2 for season 5 so won't get the chance to battle you lot for some time :(. Thanks to @VARDZ and company for organising see you all in season 3 of HTO whenever that may be :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Mediocre result. Couldn't find any real pace but was super consistent, laying down mid 11's to low 12's all the way to my only stop on the 1hr mark. Couple of little spins and catching that stupid tyre bundle onto Conrod put me down the field and my lap times kept me there.

The troll is partly my fault for not setting room to friends only, but was in such a rush being it was the third room for the night I forgot to check the box. Well done AOC and pykey for a tooth and nail finish. I intended to move off the track on the runoff at skyline but was so busy thinking about it I ran off just before anyway. 'No no no don't spin onto the track you peice of crap!'

Cheers @VARDZ for organising these races, next time I'm picking an SLS lol.
    pykeybraa145, Tanktex and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Awsome race tonight final position was not my season highlight but that counted little to the enjoyment had. Once again found myself in a long battle with the Hat in the rotary man that was fun I especially liked the part with 2 laps to go were my "Thirsty Merc" required pit stop and 10lt :eek:of fuel and had time to wave to @DRZ-Hatfield :coffee:cruising by.But thems tha breaks i guess.
    HTO series fantastic to @VARDZ31 thanks for creating as well support crew.
    To all in the Bronziezzz room thankyou clean fast fun season
    Finally to the unfortunate gate crasher to our room tonight hope you enjoy never ever EVER being welcome to the ROOZ experiance.:p
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My race was as I thought it would be for most of the race, lonely. I had a couple of interesting laps at the beginning as I got a chance to mix it with a few of you as you had little dramas to keep you back with me. Just as I thought I might be able to battle on I spun on lap 7 and dropped back to last. It was lonely then until sickskills pitted at the third distance mark and I figured as I got ahead of him there and with us each having a stop to go we might have been fighting for the postion. For me to have a chance I had to be still ahead of him when I took my stop and hope I got ahead again at his second stop. Unfortunately I spun a couple of times and he got ahead of me before I stopped so that was the end of that plan.
    Towards the end of the race there was some interest as I got lapped and then suddenly I caught and passed Raedonwolf with a couple of laps to go. I led him for a while but when he caught me I had a moment coming out of Forest and hit him in the side as he attempted to pass me and he slowed and dropped back. I slowed to redress but once he passed he slowed as well. He finally decided to get on with it and I set out trying to catch and pass him. On the last lap through the chase I outbraked myself, fatigue I think and thought that was that as I ran wide through the sand. Lucky for me and disappointing for Readon he spun to the inside and lost more time than I did so that I was saved from coming last.
    I know I didn't pick a good car as I did some back to back testing with the SLS and I was definitely quicker in it then the M3, but Pykey has taken away any excuse I have by taking his to a very close second and he finished about a lap and half ahead of me. The only conclusion I can come to is that I suck.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7 you have shown that even with multiple spins and accidents you can finish on the podium, you will be fine in div2.
    @emmo46 you don't suck mate. Bathurst is HARD. especially a longer race. Just wait for S5, you will be mixing it at the front of div5!
    SuiCid3, emmo46, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  16. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Started 6th and finished 6th. I though a two stop stratagie was the smart way to go but it was incredably stupid! I should have done some long run practice but was to focused on tryin to find some out and out pace which I dont really have.
    Was a good race though, thanks everyone that participated and thanks to ROOZ. Wish I found this earlier, so much time wasted in public lobbies. Bring on season 5!

O and what about that peanut that came in and started trouble. What a sad case that was! Haha lucky for me I have my headphones just for the audio!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for the confidence boost Hat, my only hope is that the mazda suits me, I have driven it and it feels good but I won't know whether I'm competitive until the first race gets underway. It will depend on the tracks how close I am to the pace. I seem to do better on flowing tracks. Watching others last night I seem to lose out on the run down into the dipper, through the high speed corners before that I was holding my own pretty well.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If anyone has the lap times for last night could they post them here, if not I'll get them off my replay tonight when I get home.
  19. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Considering the pace I had seen from the Rx7s in practice I was surprised that I had the pace to win the race. After qualifying behind Cagme, my main goal was to try and keep in the top 3 to win the championship. The start worked out better than planned with Cagme jumping the start and giving me a free run into turn 1. After that I just concentrated on not making any mistakes.
    Pulled out an early 2 sec lead over Pykey in the first 3 laps, but he then responded by slowly closing in a few tenths at a time, I then knew that if I had a chance I would have to be consistantly fast. Lap after lap I was doing 9.3 to 9.5 until my tyres started to go off. I realised that it would be better to do a 1 stop rather than 2 as I was still doing low 10s after 15 laps. Pykey started to reel back my 4 sec lead until I pitted a lap before he did. I then found myself behind Agolfer and Flash. Got past golfer quickly and had a go down the inside of Flash at the end of the chase. He kept a tight line, and trying not to push him out of the way I clipped the grass and did a quick 360 which thankfully I did not lose too much time. Pykey was in the pits, and as he exited we found ourselves locked together once again! I knew I had to pull out another lead as he was quicker than me in the final part of the stint. Managed to pull out a 5 sec lead this time, but again he was closing in quickly and Cagme was now right with him, but obviously our new friend played a part in his consistancey and he fell off the tail of Pykey.
    Being the first person to come across the back markers I was losing a little bit more time than he, and I was praying that the race would finish ( I think I said to myself, " only 2 laps to go" for about 3 laps! ) On the final lap I had closed in on Ad until he spun, thankfully he did not bounce back onto the straight. The gap to Pykey at this stage was under 1 sec and the only thing that would get me home first was to hit my braking markers spot on, and it worked, I crossed the line first by just 0.1 sec!
    Big thank you to all the runners in the bronze room and also my teammates in the Pro-state racing team
    Special thank you to Vardz for setting up this great series:thumbsup:
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield