GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT series GOLD

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Seeing Dan isn't a GTR driver I would say no. But if there's eligible GTR drivers i'm sure they can act as a sub.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn, looks like we've got a depleted grid with Mint, Razor and now Mus all out :/
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey Musta...what you need to do is find a privateer that a) has run in the GTR where you currently don't have a team member are he can fill you seat or b) find someone who hasn't raced and is happy to sub for you in gold or again where you don't already have team member...Dan has started thus committed himself to the RX7 for the season
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    So will I be running with 380 or 385bhp at spa.?
  5. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Everyone 385 except for warrior :p
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Q2 NOW HAS 2 OPTIONS PLEASE READ POST ON PREVIOUS PAGE
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Please note the small increase in power for the M3. This should help with parity as it was underpowered
    [​IMG]
    HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SERIES ROUND 2
    24 HOURS OF SPA FRANCORCHAMPS
    • RACE DURATION 1 HOUR WITH THE RACE COVERING A 24 HOUR PERIOD
    • TYRE WEAR NORMAL
    • TYRES ANY RACING
    • 1 MANDITORY PITS
    • RACE START 12 PM WITH A TIME PROGRESSION ON 24.
    • WEATHER AS PER REAL WORLD LOCATION
    http://www.latestmotorsportweather.com/racing-circuits/europe/belgium/spa-francorchamps-circuit.html
    • ROOM OPEN FROM APPROX 7.30 PM AND Q1 STARTING NO LATER THAN 8.15 PM
    • HI-TEC OILS QUALIFYING Q1 WILL CONSIST OF AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS 2 - 3 & 4 ONCE EVERYONE FINISHES THEIR Q1 PARK UP ON THE SPA SKID PAD (OUTSIDE OF La SOURCE TURN 1 ) AND WHEN THE TOP HALF OF THE FIELD IS FINALISED HEAD BACK TO THE PIT VIA THE MAIN STRAIGHT IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ... CHANGE TYRES IF YOU WISH TO DO SO AND LAP 5 IS THE OUT FOR Q2 AND A FURTHER 2 LAPS TO BE COMPLETED TO COMPLETE Q2. IF THE TOP QUALIFYIER FROM Q1 DESIRES HE HAS THE OPTION OF BEING THE FINAL CAR TO START Q2
    • PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CAR SET AT THE CORRECT BHP LEVELS WHETHER STOCK OR AT THE PENALISED LEVEL.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What about the option of when everyone is finished their final Q1 laps the top half could just trundle back down the pit straight and then enter pit lane, and still use lap 5 as an out lap????
    Mister_Bond_747, skywalker and VARDZ like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Never thought of that TB... like it
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Since we have a fair depletion of drivers tonight, is it ok to have some
    spectators? Similar to how Viperised watched last week.
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hiya guys, if i get knocked out of Q1 ( Fingers crossed doesn't happen ) instead of being at La Source ill be on the run off at Eau Rouge just for filming purposes. Just a heads up. I'll hopefully not get in anyones way
    VARDZ likes this.
  13. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I think it highly unlike that you and stiggy will not make Q1 cutoff. But would be a shame as the Qualy footage was great last week.
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Spa is not my greatest circuit so i think i may leave it to you to lead the mercs again :'(
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

How do i go from being one of the fastest cars on track by .200 to being 1.5 seconds off while in someones slip stream, that sucked
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a way to bring up 150 ROOZ races!

I knew I had a considerable car advantage, so it was academic that I needed to grab this chance with both hands, as in a field this good, they're not going to come looking for you.

Q1 was a bit scrappy, I thought I was lucky to be 3rd. I gambled on sacrificing a lap for fresh rubber, and it worked a treat. However, as the sun sets, the track temperature drops, so I thought I'd missed a golden opportunity to take pole. But with a 40.0 Sector 1, I still had a chance. The rest of the lap was bliss and I snatched pole from Dan by less than a tenth. Woo hoo!

The start was decent, I held firm into La Source to stop an attack from Rotor or Beau. Things were going well as Dan traveled backwards. I broke a little too cautiously into Les Combes, which rattled me a bit due to Rotor's bump, sorry mate. But from there on in, it was all systems go, no looking back. I was most worried about Dan, as he was closing on the pack behind fast. It was a boon for me when he kept dropping back, either due to mistakes or lag punts. Beau was battling with Rotor hard, and that really handed the race to me, even with small mistakes here and there, the gap was still climbing.

I left my stop a little too late, as Rotor and Beau took around 3 seconds off me on fresh rubber. I wanted to snatch that fastest lap away from Dan to get my first ever ROOZ Grand Chelem, so I waited until lap 16 to pit. This meant I had the freshest rubber, and once the sun rose again, I could really put the pedal to the metal!

In the end, the gap grew to 10 seconds, and I got that fastest lap I really wanted. I must apologise to @Mister_Bond_747 for ruining his race, I crossed the line with just 1 second left, started the extra lap and he ran out of fuel at Campus! Sorry mate.

It's a shame we had a depleted grid, it would have been very interesting to see what MINT, Mustafur and Razor could have done. I know I won largely due to the RX-7's massive advantage, but it is also likely to be annihilated at Daytona. I know I'm not even close to the fastest here at ROOZ, so I'll take this victory every day of the week. To get my first "proper" win in Div 1 feels awesome, and something I'm going to remember for a long time. [​IMG]
    Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny, warrior2167, MINT_GTR and 3 others like this.
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That shot is taken before Bond and I crossed the line. I finished 6th bond 7th. I slowed to redress an issue and took ages to figure out he ran out of fuel. Wondering why he didn't take the spot back.LOL Realized at the bus stop and then put the foot down and crossed the line ahead of him.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good job mate, when we did that race last night I knew you had a big shot at it and you did it.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    An utterly miserable race, for myself and others that bore the brunt I've my impressively consistent and unrelenting lag. Would have loved to have been apart of this race but sadly not to be. Hopefully next week will be lag free. Congrats to jono.
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.