IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks, think its ok with the temps/pressures we got, will run the same and see how i go, not going to be able to push to hard anyhows. Main race be well worth watching.
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Nice one Dave.

I doubt lower pressures will help with the current tyres.
    Lower pressures = higher temps, higher temps = less grip.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers Beau... I just focused on my corner exits and not out braking myself. I think I only moved to protect track position once after a poor corner exit, even that was only a car width.

Have to get you in a RooZ / Rockstar v8SC skin too... but what name would we put on the front? I think 'Crew Cheif Cubis' is too long! How about CHIEF! :lol:
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Lol, chief
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here ya go mate.... v8SC-Rockstar-Beau.tga

CH1EF on the number plate.
    CHEIF CUBIS on the front bumper
    C.C.CUBIS on the doors under the mirrors ;)
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So what sort of jump up from GT5 is iRacing in terms of learning the ropes and driving compared to GT5? More importantly, is it worth it?

I am considering trying it out at some stage soon being as my laptop can well & truly handle it (i7 Q720, ATI 5730HD, 4Gb Ram) :)
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Rumbles, driving wise you be fine its actually got a real good feel to it (makes GT5 feel like a 20 year old game) and most will get the gist real quick. The safety rating system is what gets to most people in the early days, you can be having a good run and someone else's mistake can cost you your rating and this can mean licence drops and out of the class you want to race in. But I haven't had to much trouble, went close to loosing a licence but just went into time trials and got my safety rating back up. Inside simRacing Tv web site have a promo code that will let you trial it for nix, i suggest you do this and just do the spectator mode where you can drive around as a ghost car and not loose any rating for yourself or anyone around you, practice sessions the next best thing with no penalties either. They got enough in the (free) original content to test it out, most like it and buy the car they want and that's when you have to get serious to stay in the game. Its a lot like our Sunday series if you want to move up you put in the hours, if you happy just racing you stay in the lower divisions. Worth a look at $5 for a month or $15 for 3months, gets costly if you end up wanting it all but i just working on the V8 supercar's and get content for that when needed. Dont forget to use a reference email to get one of us the $15 bonus if you decide to join, we can use it to run hosted session in the future.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks Bonus, some nice info there :) So to host races you have to pay? If that's the case, can you host practice sessions without paying or do you have to use their servers?

If I was to signup to iR, would you guys be happy to show me the ropes? Five bucks is extremely tempting :lol:
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Plenty of help available m8, practice session on all the time are the go, Neishy the Mazda guro which is what you will be in for roads and the ovals, well don't need to know much there. Just finding your way around is a challenge at times but let us know on here when and what you are doing and all will be a bit smoother.
    http://insidesimracing.tv/
    there is a promo code to use to get it for $5
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks again Bonus, you are awesome-sauce :D
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good stuff Rumbles. Definitely worth it, and you'll pick it up quick... driving is just all about being just a bit smoother than in GT5. No assists and always cockpit view.. just the way I like it! :D

Use iRacing servers for practise.. no safety rating or anything in those so can practise wheel to wheel racing too - or do as Bonus suggested... can host your own for $2 but there's no need unless you want to do something out of the ordinary or you're running your own series.

Jump on the RooZ Team Speak too, there's usually one or more of us in there who'll be happy to help you out with tips where requried. Hopefully see you there soon!
  12. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Really enjoying this so far had my first road win the other night and starting to get more consistent. Was a little lucky because a guy tried to cut me off on the 3rd corner but it all went bad for him. After qualifying I can generally start at the front of the pack which makes a big difference for the first lap.

So hopefully I can improve a bit more and be competitive in the V8 series. I have tried racing the car in private sessions but am way off the qualifying times. Hopefully can see a few of you guys on the track soon, seeing as my ps3 gave up the ghost.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey basilenco add ya Iracing name to the list of RooZ guys on Iracing and I'll add you http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1060 . Come do some practice sessions in the v8 with us, got some good setups and the v8 Supercar is setup's dependent. Couple days left for Philip Island, you got the track? Its a great track, got my first win in a long while there last night, low sof but had a fair few guys i usually battle with in it so still one to cherish.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bones I should be on tomorrow for some laps at Mid O.. (about 7.30 WA time)

Got my first prac session in the V8SC done yesterday, played with a few different sets and settled on one with a few tweaks that I'll flick ya hopefully can develop it a bit further... just into the 1:25's so far which I'm pretty happy with after the just the one session.

Hopefully if this one's another non-fuel conservation race I'll be able to fit a bit more prac in and race on Sunday night.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

ok m8, did my first run on the track last night, did the league race 2 x 20 lap races. Did about 5 laps (none really completed in a reasonable time) in practice before qualifying trying the Phil Island and Infineon setups, settled on the Infineon one and made some changes to keep it on track over the crests. I started to get some laps completed in qualifying by following some guys who knew the track. Still very slow but car felt comfortable, did the 2 races and finished not last, which is better than expected.
    Jumped in a practice session after with Neishy and Nathan came in too, we were in the 127's with still a lot to learn, think the set is good for low 126's for us and prob lot better for you. Raised the front and lowered the back a little and played with the bump, still got 13.5 caster and it turns real good.
    I'll watch a little of the Thursday league race and jump in a v8 room when you come on, need lots of practice on new tracks so will be doing as much as I can.
    Good run last night Nathan, you were driving the beast pretty good, Neishy and I were following you for a bit. Jump on tonight and Koaster will show us how its done, Shane Van Gisberg is one of the quickest V8 Iracers and was in the 125's like Koaster is.
    Join the team speak, even if you dont have a mike you can text talk in there as well. Hey Koaster I have added Nathan to the Rooz Iracers list if you want to add him, well have to get you into trading paints Nathe and get you Rooz Skined. Let us know what nick name you want and Ill wok on a number plate and bumper name for you.
  16. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Thanks Graeme was a good little blast last night. I was running with the base setup and was finding I had to really slow down to get it to turn in, but then I saw you had a shared setup so ran with that and found it a lot better. Found it hard to get the power down over the crests and out of corners so a bit of practice will help, it's definitely a tough track. I am getting some load cell pedals hopefully this week so I will have a good practice with them over the weekend and see how it goes.

I added the teamspeak server, have a mic somewhere will have to try and find it lol. Would be great to have some Rooz paintwork, I think either 'Baz' or 'Basil' would be a good nickname. I should get a chance to jump on tonight and will have another go at it, will have to put in some practice with the mustang first so I can keep advancing my license.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ok m8, I'll do a Basil skin for ya, you got trading paints? Just subscribe to the V8 supercar in that and I'll upload the skin to that, just need to know your Iracing number to do it. PM me with it and i'll get on to it Asap. Neishy and I were talking to you last night, not sure you could hear us. I'll come watch ya in the Tang and do a bit of spotting for ya.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea bones Nathan will have to upload to trading paints himself... mate here's Basil.tga for the front with the same font as the rest of us. (Masque - manually outlined). Copy paste that in there.

Also make sure we add it to the ROOZ list and when Nath is signed up I'll had his name/trading paints link to the skins list.

Nath, yea you gotta be real light on the throttle with this car in anything but straight and flat sections pretty much... then you let the set up do the work for you on turns (get good turn in) and manage your throttle carefully on the way out..

I tried the infineon set, and it was good, but found I was definitely quicker on the Watkins set I had and so have tweaked that. It's probably a more loose setup, but you've still gotta tune the car for good turn in here as there's alot of corners, then just find ways to straight line the undulations basically - with a bit of throttle management... easier for me I s'pose as I know the track a bit already.

Top tip - turn 1 is not as fast as it looks! brake early, apex and touch the curb a bit later than usual as apexing the curb early unsettles the car too much IMO.
    Top guys are in the low 1.24's ATM... I should be able to get mid-low 25's (I hope) and would be stoked with a high 24.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Sounds like allot of fun I'm missing out on these days.
    I'll be home for 2 weeks, from 12/9 to 26/9. So I would like to squeeze in some racing with you guys.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Koastr or Bonus PM your email so I can use reference it and you can get some free race hosting ;)