IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea mate for sure... be good to have you back on board Crew Chief!
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks to both of you :) Might see you over the w/end sometime.

Please bear in mind I am going the $5 IRtv website deal and paying with Paypal so I may only be around for a month. I don't have to remember to cancel that way if I don't like it :lol:
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great fun tonight guys... was just shy of breaking 1:24's after you left Bones.. 1:25.1 so am aiming to break them next session then I will be stoked. Should be doable. Also had some pretty good drift runs! :p

Updated my skin a bit - painted over that rear chrome boot bit black and gave myself green wing mirrors so we all have a different colour. - Check out the image on trading paints :D

Good to see you out on track and in the new Skin there Basil! And getting the hang of it nicely. ;)
    Hopefully catchu Rumbles out there soon.
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer good tuning session again with you Koaster, getting the track slowly, still a second off where i want to be but my optimal is there. Great run Basil low 128's is real good for starters, one thing to remember if you run off track and a rooz car or two are behind you, expect to be pole driven into the wall !!!!! LOL. Got to make a few changes to your livery and Ill send it to you again, all you do then is got to the web site and edit current skin and upload the new file.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have just bought it & am downloading it right now (the $5 deal) so I hope you buggers will be around over the weekend. I am yet to d/l TS (my copy is a tad old) but as soon as I do and it is installed, watch out! I will post my details in to the iR members list sticky soon :)

Poor me; I will be almost all alone in the Mazda :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, I need to grab the Logitech PC software too!
  6. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Ill run some laps in the roadster with you.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

First it was error 22, then error 61. If it still doesn't work after reinstalling cars and tracks I will punch something :lol:
  8. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Was good watching the race you were in earlier today Bones, the guy in 3rd ahead of you was pressing 2nd place a bit hard you could have gotten lucky if they both spun. I had a really horrible race with the roadsters today when I was taken off the course chasing Neishy so fell to the back of the pack. Then I went off the road because the rear end was damaged and I spun out, got hit by someone else in the process. Was defiantly a race I wanted to forget, fortunately had a race in the mustang and came first without any incidents so that helped make up for the SR I lost lol. Think I will stay clear of the Mazda for good knew it would be a bad idea.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea we watched your Mustang race Basil. Solid win mate ;)

You made it to D-class quickly.... and I think your right to stick to the Mustang for now. Go back the rookie races when you've got some rating to spare! :p

Just did another quali in the V8SC.... aaaargh I want those 24's so bad! Still, PB is a good result 1:25.051.
    Corey Slade was just 0.002s faster in that session!
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I wasn't pushing to hard in that race towards the end, was hopen to get abradbery and the front 3 take each other out. You had a great race in the mustang basil, won it easy, 3rd to 6th had a battle and a half going on.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Down to 1:38.40x at Oulton today (Opti down to 1:37.7xx). Give these changes to the set a whirl boys:

Bumped the BB up to 67%, you can almost full pedal it without locking or stepping out, shortening your braking zone (since most are straight and flat, and the ones that aren't braking super light and early as before works just the same)... Also took one click off the rear spring (to 85 N/mm or whatever the units are).
  12. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

finally got my license but gee its defiantly hard trying to get the power down. Going to need a lot of practice before I race.
  13. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

I was having a bit of a play with the set last night at motegi and found that having a lower final drive helped a lot with power out of the corners, think I had it at 3.25. I tried playing with the brake bias but couldn't tell if setting it higher was helping. I was able to brake later but wasn't improving my times, think I just have to learn to be more consistent tho.
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=grmacxvAWM0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Madison did this fantastic tutorial for this weeks track, thank's Mad hope you don't mind me posting it here.
    He uses the 350 gears so I will give it a try tonight.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Awesome. Thanks for that Bones. Great job Mad. I might have to go out and buy Motegi now! :p
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    You blokes racing Motegi? I'd be keen.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You going to be about Beau? I'm at Sandown on Sunday so be racing the Saturday 12:45 Americas time slot and the Monday night races. Be practicing a bit, need a lot with new tracks, although its easy to remember its hard to do consistently quick and our set up needs a little bit of work to get those brakings and exits done
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    It would be great to have a 4 man team this week, 2 for top split, 2 for 2nd split.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    ill be around for this round and next round. although this weekend im racing karts at lismore so practice will be low.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR