IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer was wondering where you went, you got good pace at the Island M8. see you in another race and you will be better placed for sure
  2. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

WOOT! WOOT! Took me 4 weeks but Finally got a WIN..... & off Pole. IR now @ 3.98 :D
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    That's great Col.
    Well done.
  4. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

What do you guys use to put your own pics off your hard drive on here? I just got my D class & I wanted to show it off :D CLASS D 3.53

Look out boys I'm cumin for ya :lol: (prob take me a year to get used to one of the beasts :rolleyes:)
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congratz on the win and the promotion to D-class AC.

I upload pictures to photobucket then copy the code with prefix IMG between square brackets and paste that on the forum to display the image here.
    There are other image hosting sites which may be better or worse. photobucket seems decent enough to me.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Image shack is good, upload and grab the direct link url and paste it in the pohoto button thing at top when you do a Post reply.
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

What brand mic are you using bones and neishy? I have been looking locally but can only find the Logitech clear-chat that I have now but obviously its not very clear lol.
  8. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Cool! over it now, will give it a go next time I want to post a hd pic

I'm still usin the Microsoft wheel, seems to be doin an ok job but have nothing to compare to, but, was just watchin a youtube vid of a t500 vs G27 & then I thought about mine lol

If your house burt down & ya lost ur current rig what would you get?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And how much would u pay for this?

Obutto Racing Simulator Cockpit
    Logitech G27 ForceFeedback Steering Wheel and Pedals
    Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sounds Speaker System
    24 Inch LCD Screen
    [​IMG]
  9. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

I got a $5 pair of Laser's that do the job, unless you want 5.1 anything with a mic will do
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    your mic is violating my ears though col....... terrible, just terrible.
  11. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

be more than a mic "violating" ur ears in a minute kiwi :cool:
    ? please explain?
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    lol it just sounds bad. harsh, scratchy, echoey...
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

its just echoey when you still got the button pushed and we hear ourselves back through you speackers.
    I got my headset from PC Casegear Basil, on special for $80 7to1 gamecom from plantronics, sound unreal and they have some way of picking up other sounds in the room. So even if i have them turned up i can still hear the kids fighting and my other speakers.
  14. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

? Not sure why, the "speackers" should be muffled by my ears, but then there's not much between the ears so it prob comes out my mouth and back into the mic, just a roundabout of acoustics hey
    Maybe the "echoey" or other probs is a setting in teamspeak that needs adjusting that I'm unaware of? maybe whoever doesn't have probs with theirs can post a pic of their settings page in the teamspeak thread?

Anyhow... How much would u pay for that setup? is it worth a look?

Also thought some of u fellow oldies that remember Amaroo Raceway might be interested in this piece of Aussie motoring history

1983 AMSCAR Sports Sedans Series, Round 2 Amaroo Park Raceway, The Winner is My Uncle Bob Stevens (as in the name on the windscreen of my avatar), Poor Quality but those were the times

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=sKFMEcgZH1U[/video]
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ha just flicked through that vid.. awesome.
  16. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Basil I got a Logitech g930, $270 rrp tho. Got it for like $110 of amazon.
    And Col I think what "Kosta" was saying was you might not notice your mic costs $5 , but we do haha.
  17. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    you might see me on IRacing soon getting my PC upgraded.... Motherboard CPU GPU HDD Etc
  18. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    just a few questions about IRacing... will someone send me a skin and will you guys help me get moving when i get it and would you be willing to lag back in the beginner series to help me ??
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    E. Have moved your posts to the General section to try and keep the skins thread on-topic.

We don't have any skins for any of the rookie cars. And you won't be able to drive anything else until you get your safety rating and subsequently license class up. Plus you will need to 'earn your stripes' so to speak. So just sit tight on the skins front for now. There is a pattern picker, sponsor logo selection, and a 3 colour pallete built into iRacing for you to customise your cars to some degree. That should keep you going for a while.

As for the rookie series, most of it is fixed setup so there's not alot of help you need that will require anyone to 'lag back' with you. But if you jump into team speak we'll be able to help you out with any queries. If you add our names to your friends list we might even jump into a practise session with you.
  20. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yer thanks dave gotta do the PC first then actually jump on IRacing 1st but yer... im looking at a 2.7mhz cpu 2Gb Gpu 4Gb RAM with an intel motherboard and new HDD so my PC now will be discarded bar the case