IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

What livery will you be using Beau? Your Castrol one or the TTR? I need to know what to look out for during live feeds. :)
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    the TTR Livery mate. My car has White mirrors. Versus Mad with black, Josh with Blue, and I think troy has pink
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Unbelieveable. Two races in a row fudged by idiots.

Race 1 - Mazda Cup. Position 1 goes wide, I go up the inside of him and he swerves into me, mafia style.
    Race 2 - Skip. Leading the race comfortably. Thomas Wolley is 1.5s ahead to be lapped. Looses the plot, no worries, he's gone to the outside wall, I'll go inside..... but he f*kd up so bad he spins off the wall back on track and wrecks me AAAAARRGGGH :mad:
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    No bloody luck there Dave.

I just done another Skip Barber race. I tried a different setup (more in the direction of the Alien). BB 54%, 131/138, 3 perch, 4 ARB. In the race I was struggling, I couldn't get anywhere near my pb. I was missing apexes left right and centre. The car was way to nervous feeling on corner entry. I led the race for 14 out of 15 laps, had it in the bag, but on the 14th lap I missed the apex at the first hairpin, which allowed the guy in second to pass me down the back straight. I was not able to re-pass him. Best lap was 1:45.36 (I hit a groove mid race but quickly lost it.)

So I was a bit annoyed at my slow pace. Joined another practice session and tried a different setup all together. BB 56, 138/145, 3perch, 8 ARB. Wham... new PB of 1:45.1 with no assistance from a tow.

Scratches head.....
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea bad luck indeed. That was on the back of that skip race where lag spike saw me up the back of Dusty and wrecked, and a Legends race that I got wrecked in too... partially my fault as I spun in that one. Had one Skip win in-between but was a soft win. Very frustrating.

Well done Beau, very nice PB. ;) The setup thing gets me too. In an altogether different setup direction from you I did my PB without toe using 152kPa all around, ARB 2, BB 53%, Perch =0 and got 1:45.5. The lower perch was nice taking that 'nervous at corner entry' feeling out, and can control the turn in using the brakes. Might back the BB off to 54 though and put the perch to 1.

EDIT -- AAAAARGH! :mad: :mad: - leading a MX-5 race I blew my engine! WTF I downshift like that into T1 all the time :mad:
    It's one of those days......

Yep one of those days. Leading a skip race with a healthly lead some of my own mistakes chewed up the gap. Then this guy Ralf was diving up the inside making me nervous as... I made an error that let him get along side then he decided to turn in on me at the next corner... WTF ! I got away without spinning (he didn't) but I had front wheel damage. He passed me again through the final turns as my right hand turning pace was now crippled. At least I still got 2nd but that was the 4th race today with costly incidents. Grrr
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    My sub expired about a week and a half ago. I had a hunch there was a promo coming so I held off renewing...pretty stoked I did....

On account of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) they're now offering a yearly sub for $49 for both new and renewing subscriptions! Surely this is the best renewal deal iRacing has EVER offered!

• Renewal - Use promo code PR-BFEM[/*]
    • New Sub - Use promo code PR-BFNM[/*]

This offer expires Sunday November 27th at 23:59 GMT so now is a great time to join or renew! C'mon I know there's a few guys here whove let there sub lapse.. get back on board! :p

Also, the referral bonus has been bumped up to $15 until Jan 30th, so any new guys subscribing make sure to refer someone, preferably ME! hehe :p

I took advantage of this just now. Plus I got $15 credits back on another deal from a while ago. Sahweet. :D
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

FFS koastr. I renewed a few weeks ago. I think I have missed every promo they have had grrrrr.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I got my three months running out January, so i just did the 12 month at special price thing. Might have to start using it a bit more soon, toooo many things going on. I got Philip Island and the v8 super car but no time to run it, might get some practice and racing done Saturday, your set up helped heaps Beau, i just need to slow down at the right spots and stop running wide.
  9. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

There are worse things in life than being promotionally-challenged, Dusty ... but not many ;)

Cheers for the headzup, Dave :cool:

Aside: Heh ... when I see the boys typing 'Dusty', I picture Dusty Springfield, Dusty Bottoms and Dusty Rhodes (the wrestler) in equal measure ... but I figure that's just me showing my age :lol: Which star of yester-year do you look most like, Dust ..? Perhaps your next car skin needs to be pink polka dots ;) GO the Heart Foundation!! :D

Have been able to run a few laps finally this season, but may need to take another break. All my pc-built problems have been traced to a bad RAM stick. I'm currently running just 8GB RAM of the 16GB I bought (4x 4GB) with no dramas, but all four sticks will need to be returned together ... meaning I can probably write this season off :rolleyes:

You see, Dusty ... being RAM-ily challenged is worse than your complaint ;)
  10. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol Stonemonkey, I'd have to go with Dusty Bottoms.

Arggh why do you have to send all of your RAM? If you went to a brick 'n mortar store they should be able to just swap it.

Hope to see you spinning off in front of me in some skip races in the future!
  11. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I think it's just the way 'pc case gear' (Melbourne) work ... they are just a distributor (awesome distributor though, for those who care about such things - great stock, prices, and service), and all returns are 'RTM' type returns.

I did also think that the sticks in RAM packages (i.e. multiple-stick packs) were 'rated' as a bundle (for timing compatibility, I assume) ... but you're an IT-dude, and I guess you've forgotten more than I'll EVER know about such things :)

See ... that's just rude :lol:
  12. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Think you've hit the nail on the head there mate, and PC Case Gear ftw! I'm in Broken Hill and they get stuff to me overnight, you never see those sort of delivery times out here, never!
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah PC case gear is great, pay a little extra for the express postage, it's worth it. Over the years i've ordered maybe 10 grand worth of stuff from them, never let me down.
  14. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Sometimes I forget just how many Geek-Brothers there are on this forum! Everyone raise their fist, and proudly bear their anti-stat wrist strap :lol:
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    LOL
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a bugger mate, er, I mean, Dusty Bottoms :lol: ! Yea I didn't want to end up in that situation so I mailed support after my sub lapsed and asked if there were any upcoming promos. Got the hint there would be this one for Black Friday so I held off.

It was a good opportunity to ask about that "buy 3 pieces of content and get $15 credit" that I didn't get. Both Beau and I swore that promo finished on the 24th when we put our orders through.. but apparently it finished on the 23rd. After my mail they awarded me the credits anyway, since I only missed out by a few hours. Very decent of them.
  17. r0gu3

r0gu3 Marcus

btw $49 for a year now. Ends sunday US time
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Yeah ... I took the offer as well ... and I also had some credits from this 'n' that, so I got the year extension for $30 in the end ... which frankly, is awesome value :cool:
  19. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Nice, gotta love those free iracing credits. Gotta get in another race together stone, I think you still have an edge on me (based on practice times). But the gap should be a little closer than the end of last season (@ laguna you blazed away)

Here is a vid of the opening laps of my skip race today. I ran wide once or twice which let third through, so then we ran 2 wide for quite a few corners.
    http://youtu.be/-nsf38pN6dk

I reckon I have found about 1 - 1.5 seconds in the skip at mid Ohio since last season.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Really enjoyin Mid Ohio.. haven't raced it before now.

I think it's also a great track for improving my understanding of how to drive the skip.. just cracked the 37's in a prac now, optimum is low 37's, still tweaking the tune but so far each tweak has been in the right direction :)

Would love to hook up for a race with you guys. Chris you've got some very respectable times there mate ;)
    Nice vid Dusty.