IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    There is no setting to auto map to native lock as such. Just google the Logitech Profiler and download the latest version if you can't find any of the settings I've mentioned.

In game I think there is a check box for 'use special controls for this vehicle'. Make sure that's unchecked and you shouldn't have to keep re-assigning your controller functions for each new car. I've never had to. Make sure your wheel is plugged in before starting the sim of course.

Yep, if you've setup your logitech profiler to 900, then when you calibrate in iRacing it should say ~900 steering also. As I understand (and feel), this will then auto map the sensitivity of your wheel for each car. You don't need to check a setting for this. The v8's should feel understeery, you need to throttle steer them a bit (as with the Mustang, although I haven't driven the iRacing v8)

Yea you definitely need a symmetrical tune for the Legends as there's no iRacing default for that. Mad's is fast but quite tail-happy. I had one I'd started before that (at Suzuka just for fun) but was only half done, a bit more stable but not as fast.
    Basically set stagger and all that to zero, symmetrical pressures and cambers, drop the front spring rate, set BB as rear-ward as it goes (72%) and pretty much level the car at a relatively low ride height. Oh and change diff ratio to 2.93. That will set you on the right path until someone can flick you a setup.

Be careful though, just cause it's 13th week doesn't mean SR doesn't apply! In fact Road Legends are fully official, both SR and IR at stake... I grabbed about +78 iR in my Legends race :D
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Dunno if you guys will see this before it changes, but for the Legends Road Series Standings I'm top of Division 2 ATM with just 2 starts :D

Hopefully I'll have time to keep plugging away with 1 race a night...
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    ......and then hopefully you can come and race the v8 in season 4...
  4. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Updates for S4 announced.

No NTM for the V8 or Star Mazda; so I'll be a C-Class Skippy peddlar for at least one more season. Sorry Beau ... I know you're looking to get a better ROOZ following in the big Ford, but I won't be making the switch just yet :)

SRF gets the NTM though ... that might be good fun if I need a break from the Skip :cool:
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice, thanks for the info Stone. I don't really look at the iRacing forums :/
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm not worried Chris, good luck with the skip next season!
  7. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Beau's new team.

Beau, congrats on the new position mate. I'm sure you 'll do fine as "the new kid on the block". :lol:
    How many races till your first win? I'm sure it could go to a poll.

Mad, you've got a hell of a line up now.
    Best of luck.
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Thanks Miki, I'm not a race winner yet. But I'm improving all of the time. Winning or not, I'm enjoying the challenge! I'm happy to play "new kid on the block" :D
  9. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah awesome to have Beau on the team. The TT-R cars have been good in pre-season testing at Mosport so far so we just need to try and convert that into some race wins and podium finishes. :)
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good luck fella's, looking forward to seeing how you guys go!
    Might have to grab myself a V8 soon..... although I am still enjoying having no weekly racing commitments ATM.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer good write up, good to see you in the top team Beau, can stick a Rooz sticker on that car and it'll look great.
    Had me first skip race the other night with someone i know in it, Beau you must have had trouble at the start and race was done, i had a little slide avoiding some spinners and then spun my self not long after. Later I left the track on last corner, didn't hit any thing but bent a wheel and had damage, I was just passed pits and used tow to get back, and it took ages. Bit of a disastrous race loosing 17 points, should have learnt the track a bit more instead of trying to learn on the go. Any how getting a handle on it now just go tto learn how hard i can push it, its good fun to drive.
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah mate, I had trouble in both my skip races last night. Both caused by Riku Alatalo. If you come across this fella in a race, GIVE HIM VERY WIDE BIRTH. Racecraft is NIL with this guy. BEWARE. Anyway I have no hard feelings, :):):):) happens.

Are you enjoying the skip? I like it. Its a real handful at times.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I seen that guy, the skip is great, i have it nervous on a lot of the - camber corners, but i'm taking it pretty slow so as not to loose to many points. My breaks had been real touchy in the couple of laps i did before the race then in the race i had to push them a lot harder to get it to stop, caught me out in the first few laps but then got it going a bit better. Still i took it easy the rest of the race to not lose too much more and only got into the 150's, i recon i could do the 146 47's but not game to push it in the real races and TT's.
    I'll have another go tonight but Ill do some practice first.

I see the TTR site is now doing horse racing lol. Dont know how they going to get their site back, tell the guys they can use our Iracing thread till they sort it out if they want
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    The next time your online Bones, I'll share some wisdom with you in a practice session if you like.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thatd be great Beau thanks, havent got head set yet but can hear ok, still working out me way around the site but got the gist of most of it. Lot of sessions you guys been in i don't have the content for and the Skip season is letting me run on tracks i don't own yet, wish the V8's would do that. Be on about 5 to 530 tonight to get some practice in before the race.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Really?! Which tracks?
    I've still only bought a few tracks too and just do the Mustang/Skip weeks that I can with what I've got.
    I'm not really worried about Season Championship standings and still enjoy the rookie cars so there's always something to do.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

It might be that this weeks race i have the track for. i looked through all the season events and the skip was the only one that said i didn't need to buy content. I had a look at schedual and it didn't say i had to purchase any tracks, i might be just noob looking.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: bwahaha great turn of phrase!
  19. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Yeah Okayama is this weeks skip track and its part of the free package. So you are a n00b Bonus. :D
  20. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Haha.... Yeah. We've bought the domain back just waiting for it to go through. So should be back up soon.