IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Double post for dif subject LOL:

Yer Neishy pretty handy in the V8, he often out qualed me last season but he does run off later and i get passed but are then rammed of the track not long after, it was one to forget but i still got the replay so can just watch the first few good laps we had and forget the rest lol.
  2. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Sorry Col, thanks for the tips.

Well I'm having a hard time using GIMP, its not that easy to use, gonna try Photoshop CS5 to see if I can have better luck with making the yellow version of the ROOZ skin/livery.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

All good Col just need to get a consistent message and leaving to the Mods helps with that. Like your second post advice, i don't read a post twice and only found what you edited into your post because i knew thats what you do.
  4. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    Cannot figure it out for the life of me. Oh well, I'd like to create my own complete one, one day.
  5. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
  6. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i start 'trying' to fathom the mazda template but it just say you cannot paint on a layer group or something @BONES could you set aside an afternoon and jump in the ps3 chat room and guide me by any chance ??
  7. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I don't know much bout it, but your probably trying to paint the original layer which is locked, you gotta make a new layer on top to do anything.
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    What software are you using?
  9. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
  10. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    Currently trying to get and sort out a Vodafone/ROOZ RAcing skin. I finally learnt how to make the skins (although with stock patterns). Got the base worked out, just need to add more ROOZ and Pagnian Import logos/decals. Will post an update when I think it's ready for the public to see.

I am currently using a Holden/ROOZ skin that is just a bit too plain and that I stuffed up.

Also, I hope to make it to V8 Supercars for S2 2013 :)
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Cool Jamie, that be a good skin for our rooz V8 newbies second team, Beau commissioned a skin for the Main team ( top splits hopefully). Most of the top teams usually have 3 or 4 drivers in their main team in V8 Monday night league and have sub teams with a different skin. It work's good for a team you start out in the sub team and prove your self to make the top team through out the season.
  12. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    WIP Vodafone Team RaceonOz.com livery
    Just a work in prgoress. Had to redo the skin about 4 times to make it look any good. Needs some Pagnian Imports logos, but couldn't find one that I thought would suit the cars' overall look.

I might also do a ROOZ/Redbull Racing skin, even though Redbull is overdone for most cars. Just a thought.
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's my customised 2013 v8sc ROOZ team skin. I've added a little next level racing logo (without the red bits) to the boot lid since taking the top and bottom pics.

Got Pagnian on there of course, and the new sponsor turtle beach.
    Thanks heaps to Beau and Adam Maxwell for the skin design.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just tried to keep in simple and uncluttered. I thought the black/white/gold scheme (dropping the green) helped with this and aligns with the forum and pagnian colors quite well.
  14. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Looks really nice, good stuff. Have to get a couple of team photos over the weekend
  15. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Couple of photos from the quali session during the live tv stream :p. I wasn't famous enough for them to show me taking a lap :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder if making the yellow flames white instead might suit it better? Maybe white for 'Race' aswell, might make it stand out more?
  16. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    I think a lighter blue would suit it better. Also change the "Oz" to the same colour.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

fixed the pagnian log up and tried the Yellow race in the team logo.

Will get some team photos soon seeing we are currently coming 7th in the v8 Supercar teams championship.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ive been saving the skin files as 32 bit TGA, I just read in the forum Skins thread it says to save them as 24 bit. I thought the 32 bit would be bigger and better and that the 24 bit recommendation was just for keeping the size down.. Not sure if that is the case seeing my 32 bit files are not that big at all 4mb and some are up to 12mb. Could saving it as a 32 bit effect the layers (logos) i racing add? Will saving it as 24 bit lower the quality and make the small text (already hard to get clear) even more pixelated, it went from 4Mb down to 3MB.

Any how I have resaved my skin in 24 bit and uploaded it and will see how it looks.
  19. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    24-bit is for the cars with heaps of layers, to keep file size as low as possible.
  20. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I believe 24 bit colour means you have a colour palette of 2^24 colours (16 million colours), vs 32bit colour (4.3 billion colours). It wont change the resolution or look any better or worse. You simply have less colours to choose from (but who cares with 16 million colours). You will have a smaller file size. Each pixel is 1 byte smaller. If the files is 1024 x 1024 (with no layers), it should be 1mb smaller.

If you had 4 bit colour, that is only 16 colours, then it would look pretty bad. 24 vs 32... meh.