PCARS Season 2 - Div 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well another disconnection, that me done with Pcars Sunday League all together, might see you all on AC if i don't get too heavily involved in iRacing
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    yup me too!

@stucar17 i may have missed something but where was the post notifying us of the time and date change for this round? Or maybe @Giant slayer butchered the room settings.
    Anyway thanks @zuluwoffle for a nice little battle there :)
    Beau_Albert and Spidey_11 like this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well well well not the greatest return to ROOZ lol had 2nd pretty much in the bag....maybe 1st if beau crashed again :p but my :):):):)in game crashed with about 10 to go and it's made me lose all interest I had when returning to racing which sucks!!!
  4. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    i had that at Watkins while leading
    Beau_Albert and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  5. Konnor McCluskey

It's so cruel when it happens !!!
  6. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I had the same with around 10 to go also. Happened twice since last update and never before then.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Far out its bullcrap!!! What a stupid game
    seth123 and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Was wondering what happened mate. Yeah was nice to have a battle but as always the enivitble spin happened for me. Note to all other drivers. Don't bother trying to hard to overtake me. I'm sure to spin.
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  9. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Is this a ploy so people wont overtake, or more a general 'just wait it will happen' warning?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    That was a race of many twist and turns!
    Narrowly missing out on Pole to Samsung, i got a good enough start into T1 to hold position and attack Samsung for the opening lap and a half, forcing an error from the Kiwi gifting me the lead. I made hay while the 4pm sun shined ( :mad: ) ahead of Konnor, however the fast changes of direction down the hill said enough is enough just over halfway and i visited the Sonoma Panel Beater, known by the name of 'Concrete Barrier stacked with Tyre Bundles' and got my Mercedes a brand new front Aero Package. Whoop Whoop!
    After holding onto the race lead by a fingernail, i had to push on once more with my tyres going off rapidly, until Konnor sadly ended any late race change of lead possibilities with his DSC, allowing me to have a lead comfortable enough to slip and slide (and half spin o_O ) my way to another win.
    Oulton Park seems to be a favourite amongst many, many drivers, so lets hope for a huge grid there. Getting a little lonely on track nowadays and with a few pulling out of the series, it's not ideal... :unsure:
  11. njf015

njf015 New Recruit

bummed I didn't get home in time. Will definitely be on the grid for next weeks round. looking forward to it
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Nah mate, a more general 'just wait it will happen' warning. I think every race I've spun at least once.
    Spidey_11 and George like this.
  13. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    I hear you there Beau, going round and round for 45 mins with no one to over take in the front or in the back is mighty boring. Going to be doing some thinking myself this week about whether or not to continue. :unsure:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    If half the field leaves then can we race 2 10 lap races with a different car every night that is voted on 30 min before quail start (same with track) which means you can run no tune because there's limited practice time. Or we could do what we're already doing because we aren't fully utilising this game so don't jump on other games and expect more.(don't expect less though)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    How many ran tonight?
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    8, 4 finished.....

By the way, @Hatfield
    P1. Me + FL - 50:30:385
    P2. Cowdoesfly - 51:08:162
    P3. Autech - 51:10:151
    P4. Zuluwoffle + 1 Lap - 50:43:600
    P5. SickSkillz011 - DSC L20
    P6. Samsung + Pole - 12 laps complete
    P7. FastboySmith - DSC L4
    P8. GiantSlayer - Host Only

Pole: 1:35:935 (Samsung1998Racer)
    Fastest Lap: 1:36:092 (OnTheApex6Albert)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. autech91

autech91 Professional

Not the greatest race from me.
    Once again put in limited practice but was counting on my love of this track to hopefully help me out a bit. Had a big night Saturday night and was bloody tired, struggled to find a rhythm and subsequently failed to get near my practice lap pace of consistent 36s. Overall pace wasn't too bad, I just had a few spins which I was not happy with myself over. Initial error was when I copped a nasty 10sec penalty when I ran wide on one corner. Once I'd gone once though I was pushing harder which possibly contributed to the other spins.
    Unlucky to @Konnor McCluskey for your DC so late in the race, though was it bad luck or my mate outside your house flicking switches... :D

@cowdoesfly had a great race, he put big pressure on me in the final stages which forced another error, the car had no front grip from lap 20 so it was a great battle with him and the car just to finish. Great to see his internet working well and him driving the way we know he can. TOP DRIVE BRO!

Not a great turn out yet again. I would like to suggest that if the same happens next week, we join div2. I would really like a good race with some damn overtaking!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    My qualifying lap and Opening lap and a half scrap with Samsung from a slightly different POV. Wanted to try something a lil different :)

*Sorry for the quality on the TV itself...*
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    stop ruining the illusion. If you want to use this angle I expect a full race suit
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Yea I thought that might've been the case :p haha I'm so angry about it though...games been shut since the update.