PCARS Season 2 - Div 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    anyone done any laps of Oulton yet? what sort of times are you guys hitting up here in the misty heights of Div 1.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    What do you mean he is host only?...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    He hasn't been racing much this season, he's just the room host.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  7. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Been doing some Zharvs. Down to 1:40.2 with 60L. Not sure if that's decent or not as haven't raced the track before.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thats good from what ive seen. I usually go off the project cars pc leaderboards to determine what sort of times are to be expected but im unsure as to how accurately thay translates onto ps4 times. Youd be right up there on those boards though.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    o_O
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah on it
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

Hi I dont think I will be racing tonight boys
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    • anyone know what to do? my internet keeps slowly lagging out, it never fully drops out it just slowly makes the cars go nuts and if im in a party at the same time people voices keep cutting out and then i get a DNS error (i have tried about 10+ different Dns addresses yet nothing has changed. This used to happen a while ago but it stopped for a month and now its back. I have tried a new router so that is not the problem and have also had numerous technicians out to have a look whats wrong but nothing.
    Beau_Albert and seth123 like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sigh.... :oops:
    I've had an unbelievable season so i'm in no position to complain here but that's mega frustrating to Blue Screen before the halfway point.... especially since i felt i was in a mega rythem.... bugger..... take it as it comes i guess.
    See you all in Germany next week :thumbsup:

Edit:
    Pole: Myself
    FL: ?
    Dsc order: Me Lap 15, Samsung L11, Cow Lap 4
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  16. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    2 weeks time beau, next Sunday is Easter, that will be the bye week
  17. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    That sucks Beau. You were so bloody quick as usual! Still I'm happy you did get dc'd cause it gave me the win :D

Was an awesome race but had an average start while Juzzy and Samsung must have gotten notes from Ferrari and they went through. I was :):):):)ting myself cause I know that Juzzy is a mighty hard person to pass and with this track of limited possibilities I was fearing the worse. So the order after the 1st lap was Beau, Samsung, Juzzy, myself, Autech, Njf and cow. Juzzy, myself, Autech and Njf were nose to tail until I lost the back end coming out of the last corner on lap 5 and dropped behind Njf with a bit of ground to make up. Something then happened ahead of me with Autech and Juzzy spinning in the hairpin, letting me catch up to Njf and pass Autech but still behind Juzzy! On lap 8 coming into the hairpin I slightly tapped Njf and spun myself onto the inside of the corner but recovered and was still in from of Autech with another bit of ground to catch up. Then once again something happened between Njf and Juzzy on lap 10 going into the second corner and I was able to catch up again! Njf then pushed a little too deep on the second last corner and I was able to get around him.

So it was back to work to catch up to Juzzy and figure a way to get around this guy!!! Lady luck would be on my side again as Juzzy drove it a bit too deep into the right corner after the back straight. Finally I was through and able to pull away as I suspected he was suffering tyre wear issues. At this stage Beau was 20 seconds ahead and Samsung dc'd so I was up to 2nd. Then Beau dc'd and I found myself in first. HOLY :):):):)BALLS!!! Don't spin now haha. Juzzy then pulled in the pits as did Njf with Autech about 6 seconds behind me. I watched him on the map hoping he'd pull in for tyres as my wear was a bit higher then I wanted but he wasn't so I pushed and got the gap out to 8secs and tried to manage the gap but he was still pushing hard still and it came down to 5 secs again.

I pushed hard again and got it up to 8 secs but my front tyres were in bad shape so had to really manage the gap. Finally I noticed the gap stabilise and with 2 laps to go and only 10% left on the front tyres I was able to slow right off and get the victory with 4 secs to spare. There was lots of fist pumping after a very trialling race last week. Thanks guys for the awesome racing!! :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Spidey_11, njf015, TheJuzzy and 5 others like this.
  18. autech91

autech91 Professional

The best way to approach a fault is by eliminating the variables:
    Router: is it a brand new router of a different brand/model?
    DNS: I wouldn't think this would cause this issue
    Ethernet cable: Replace it, you never know...
    Port on router: plug your PS4 into a different port on the router
    ISP: Check with them that there isn't something going on at their end, try and get a hold of their higher tier call centre staff as the plebs don't know what they are on about.
    PS4: I have left this to last as it will be the most expensive to fix, I can't help thinking though that if you have done all the above then there may be something wonky in your PS4 causing this issue.

Are you using the disk or downloaded version of the game? If downloaded try deleting it and reinstalling (yes I know you lose all your tunes and settings but it's got to be worth a shot).
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Have you tried WiFi connection to your PS4? That would help eliminate the Ethernet cable issue.
  20. autech91

autech91 Professional

Sweet as race bro's

Decided to race in the end as I decided the numbers have been so sh!t lately I wasn't going to contribute. Glad I did as it turned into an awesome race with a wicked battle pack involving Juzzy, Zulu, Njj and myself.
    Basically sat back as there is really no place to overtake here and just waited for things to kick off. Eventually Zulu gave it too much jandal out of the last turn which put me behind Juzzy. I cocked up royally and took myself and Juzzy out into the hairpin right. I brake miles later there than Juzzy and wasn't prepared enough to allow for that as I hadn't followed him at all into there in the race, my mistake I should have allowed just a bit more safety margin. Luckily enough he carried on without losing any places or time and I ended up at the back of the field where I belonged for my silly mistake.
    From there I was hammering it to catch the battle pack which had reformed nicely after my near take out of Juzzy.
    Had a few runs with various sorts over the rest of the race, luckily for me Juz pitted which gave me 2nd behind Zulu who was 8 secs ahead at that point. From there I put the hammer down as mention above and got it down to 5 seconds, Zulu noticed this and put his hammer down even more and pulled a bit more of a gap as I made a few errors. Pace was still good despite the worn tyres (was fun sliding around every corner) but the gap was just too much for me to overcome. Zulu did the smart thing and backed off in the last few laps cruising to an awesome victory.

Unlucky to @Beau_Albert for your engine failure, you were surely off to another win!

Bring on the final round
    Spidey_11, njf015, TheJuzzy and 2 others like this.