PCARS Season 2 - Div 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Stu I'll know by this coming Monday and I'll let you know. If anyone knows how to tune and is happy to have me in their team, I'm all ears.

...no literally ears. I need to learn how to bloody tune haha! ;)
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Its not to hard they give you a menu for it aswell
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Step 1. Boost front tire pressures
  4. Benjamin J Smith

You stay away from the tuning menus
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Yeah it has become clear to me that it really can't be that hard, and will actually be an interesting thing to learn. Just need to find a great source to learn what everything does.

Anyone with a clue?

And what are the first things I should focus on learning? Like what are the fundamental changes most of you make/check without fail?
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all,

Tire wear will be on X2

After testing on sunday night with CAGME, cob and a few others, its pretty clear that running on X2 will make the races either NO STOP or 1 stop. After the 13 lap races we did (more than once) the wear for the controller guys was only minimally worse that the guys on wheels..(CAGME was on 68% and cob was on 72%) we also found that the wear gets incrementally slower the more the tire wears.

It was also realized that running on real takes the need AWAY to pit as everyone could easily get to the end without pitting....making the need to tune irrelevant ! So, you get tuning, and you get 2X wear which means we get the best of both worlds.

FUEL will remain on real as the only options are "real, fast or off".

Any people not happy with the decision will have their car tampered with, nails in their tires and their pit crew will be poisoned so service will be slow at round 1 on the 14th.

Stu
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Ha-ha love the final threat Stu :p
  9. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Hmm time to test mediums
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Only slicks and wets buddy...
  11. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    True I remember now
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys....

HOST....who can do this so i can update the OP....

I have asked that the race date and time of day be default at this stage, unless one of the guys in the back room convo can come up with an answer, but they will need to be uniform across the divs...i just dont have time at the moment to sort through that.

Meet and greet this sunday night, please make sure you have everyone on your lists....prob best to post here what is a good time for everyone but is suggested that you run at the normal prac / qual / race times so everyone knows. IE, room generally opens at "about" 7:30 EDST, qual at 8:10 and race start at 8:20. Once in the room check connections, any problems please let us know.

MICS, as per league rules should be off during the race...although i think as bad as it is the in game chat can be used (or party) to get the room set up ad running smoothly. I dont mind how its done so long as everyone knows what the story is, any changes to race start etc etc etc

DRIVING STANDARDS....am sure we are all aware of what is expected with driving standards for the season. Contact resulting in an unfair advantage being gained will result in a penalty post race if the offence can be proven. The magnetic effect is pretty harsh, so its up to drivers that stick it up the inside aren't using the other car as a rail to make the corner. As always, if you screw up, redress at the time to avoid protests. ANY drivers "purposely" taking out brake markers will receive a penalty, its not fair on the other drivers in the room.

Any issues, let me or one of the mod team know ASAP.

Stu
  13. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    I'll be happy to
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So guys, please get your car # to us asap so i can update in the OP as well.....check with your team (if you are running in the teams champ) to make sure you have the right livery / #
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  16. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

17. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Hey guys, I will be a little late Sunday night. I got my son's birthday dinner so may end up missing it. Will try my best to be on though.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey guys, i'll be hosting tonight since Giants had something come up, i'll get the lobby up around normal time and from there we can do some short races through the calander if people are up for it :)
    Looking forward to a great season, going to be ultra close so let's get into it :thumbsup:
  19. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Had some issues connecting the T300 during the meet and greet, resolved though.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,
    Hope all went well last night...You will see that @finchy has been added to your driver list. Gives you 16......

Guys, some feedback regarding tire wear on controller users after last night.....we originally went to the 20th march which upped the ambient and track temp up 3*, so we tried the 10th March after and it dropped the temp by 3*, to 23* ambient and 33* track which was better on the tires. I have amended in the OP, and should be the setting used for the first round.

Once we get through this round we may look at adding weather slots depending on how things go. (wont include wet weather)

Also, MAKE SURE YOU ACTIVATE YOUR PIT STRATEGY BEFORE THE RACE ON SUNDAY. For some reason it deactivates itself between races, so at qual start you will need to make sure it is activated, that way you will only need to come into the lane and press "close" for the car to be serviced as you have set.

Stu