PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    :eek:
    Are you using fastboy's tune or your own?
    I was well past 50% on the FL by lap 14 last night :(

Edit: on stock tune that is.
    beakeroo likes this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Definitely not using Fastboy's mate. That was a tyre shredder and too loose for my liking. Always felt like I could spin off. It was a mix of mine and some tips the guys were throwing around in practice.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Somethings up with 2x wear, i swear it's glitched......
    I was using Ben's setup to the very T, with only a single adjusted Rear Rollbar, and i made it home with a no stop yesterday with tyres above 50%..... no ones tyre wear is the same and there is far too big of a difference between drivers to simply put it down to driving style.....
    #RealWearForSeason3 ;)
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah driving styles have a lot to do with it Beau, you're probably smoother than most. I had to work on understeer killing the tyres off.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so smooth he actually had a valentines date...while winning Pcars div1 #Beau4PM
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Beau knows what's up
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    any DSC's?
    seth123 likes this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yes Seth and V8 I think?
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who DSC first? as they get less points then the other
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Seth was first out
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Disagree mate, it's a combination of the tunes the guys are using and how hard they are pushing. I tried a few different tunes and some killed the tires, others were better, bottom line is if you push the :):):):) out of them you kill them, loading them up for long periods doesn't do them any good at all.

I suppose if we had real wear people would find something else to grizzle about. I would love real tyre wear, would have finished last nights race with about 85% on the fronts and the guys who wear them fast would still need to pit so overall the result would have been about the same. #drivinglikeabansheekillsyourtires #slowinfastout #cantwinnomatterwhatido !
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    #StusHashTagGameStrong
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    That's the thing with glitches they're quite random, so if what you say exists It stands to reason that it could effect real wear as well, it just wouldn't be as noticeable.
    beakeroo and Beau_Albert like this.
  15. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Wow what a night. I got on early enough to sort out a tune to use on the MErc but my T300 didn't want to play. After 20 minutes of resetting and unplugging i had resigned myself to using a controller and joined the room when someone suggested a fix. (not sure who's voice it was but Thanks) Made it back to the room a minute before quali and quickly scratched to get a tune in and do my pit strategy. I don't even know what my suspension setting were after playing around with them on different tracks last week, i just closed my brake ducts and radiator, punched in the tire pressures Juzzy had put in the tune thread early on in the day and jumped in for quali.

The car was a dog, with my suspension bottoming out every time i hit a bump and i didn't even get a hot lap in. To add to that my FFB setting had gone and my steering was light as a feather which sucked.

I Started dead last and picked up a few places on the first lap but the car was so hard to drive, with a bit of luck i worked my way up to 8th until a spin put me to the back again. I just had to learn to drive with what i had under me and finally started pulling a few places back. I had a great battle with @VARDZ for a bunch of laps until i made a brave move around the outside of the fast left hander at the end of the back straight to take the position.

The only positive was that my tyre wear was really good and i was still running decent lap times right up until the end even without stopping. I was shocked to see that i had the fastest first sector of the race because i was pretty much just sliding it through the first 2 turns every lap. I was pretty happy to end up 5th by the end of the race which was a much better result than what i was expecting.

Thanks everyone for some great racing, i'm looking forward to being a bit more prepared next week
    seth123, Spidey_11, Ad2mny and 3 others like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Bummer mate, not to stress drop round!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Nothing wrong with 5th @SPL Racing as this is a very strong field this season. I reckon there's 5 or 6 people that could win any of the races and then there's always a dark horse or track that some may know really well.
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thought I had something back for ya in the last 2 laps there.... you were defending the inside and then we came across @Kart-No-1 practising his reverse parking skills in the middle of the 2nd hair pin...
  19. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah you got right back onto me and i was watching my mirror, i was looking forward to fighting it out right until the death. You were all over me in the last sector every lap so i knew it would be close. Poor Kart drove well but lost it at the end and split us giving me a comfortable gap to the end.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Cheers Beaker, yeah i'm happy with 5th considering where i started. It's not a championship season for me as i'm going to America in March for a month and will miss the last 3 rounds. I'm just here for the good times this season so i'm not fussed. By the way, great strong drive last night, i think you have thrown down the gauntlet for the rest of the season.
    beakeroo likes this.