PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Good races guys, sorry I couldn't stay for more but I'm ready to pass out. Looking forward to the season starting next weekend. I reckon we're going to have the most competitive division of all. A lot of good drivers.
    garyw61 and SPL Racing like this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Sorry for some poor moves tonight everyone. I think ive done something wrong with my wheel settingd. Will work it out during the week.
    seth123 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I can help you out Tuesday or Thursday night with your wheel setting if need be mate
    seth123, Zachery and garyw61 like this.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for last night guys. Looks like there will be some very close racing this season!
    seth123 likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah mate ill try and jump on tomorrow night and if youre online ill party up and see if i can get it sorted.
    seth123 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys, hope all went well last night.....IF THERE IS ANYONE STRUGGLING WHO WOULD LIKE TO SWAP DOWN TO DIV 4 PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP, NEED TO SWAP SOMEONE WITH @Kart-No-1 , he was way too fast for that div..... @garyw61 was there anyone struggling in your room last night ?

Guys, some feedback regarding tire wear on controller users after last night.....we originally went to the 20th march which upped the ambient and track temp up 3*, so we tried the 10th March after and it dropped the temp by 3*, to 23* ambient and 33* track which was better on the tires. I have amended in the OP, and should be the setting used for the first round.

Once we get through this round we may look at adding weather slots depending on how things go. (wont include wet weather)

Also, MAKE SURE YOU ACTIVATE YOUR PIT STRATEGY BEFORE THE RACE ON SUNDAY. For some reason it deactivates itself between races, so at qual start you will need to make sure it is activated, that way you will only need to come into the lane and press "close" for the car to be serviced as you have set.

Stu
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I would like SAR #10 please
    seth123 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hopefully the different track temp somehow fixes my tyres
    V8Power being in the 90% area
    And I'm well below 50% on a tyre was a little extreme in a 10 minute race :confused:
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    That is not the norm though so it is likely your driving style rather than controller/wheel.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

50% in hud or app? If hud that would be normal as I'd be the same but it's actually 75%. Us controller users just have to face we'll suffer a 30+s penalty each and every race. Come season 3 hopefully we'll be in a lower div to compensate or the car will be extremely thirsty on the juice.
    seth123 likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I know exactly what the issue is, and yes controller driving style sucks. You have a mm of movement between cooking tyres are just not turning

So you can either sacrifice 6 minutes per lap and manage tyres or try and go all out and be some what respectable. I have done a 45 minute GT3 race with normal tyre wear and the tyre wear then wasn't bad couldn't complain about it. Once the rubber gets a little chewed and they start to slide the understeer slides get bigger and bigger meaning I'm killing the tyre even more just trying to survive lol.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I don't have the app, as I feel that would he funding the forest of bugs the game has ;) lmao

So I'm seeing the entire tyre being depleted which is 50% and the next few laps of a 6 lapper I can't see any tyre so the tyres would he well and truly under 50% :cry:
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well I got no idea how you're managing double my atrocious tyre wear.
    seth123 likes this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Makes two of us then
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    The app isn't made by SMS.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Haha was just a joke...
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    How is harsher tyre wear for controller users not the norm?

We all know the support for controller users is uniformly unacceptable, almost every other racing game I've played is easy to pick up and play with a controller, and don't say oh because it's a sim, well reports are in saying controls for AC are superb. I haven't played a racing game that's this poor on a controller since Supercross 2000 on the N64 lol. On a controller you have nowhere near the precision as you would with a wheel, which inevitably results in more tyre scrubbing as you try to fight to get it perfect. I've played this game on both wheel and controller and the tyres are infinitely easier to manage on a wheel.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    We've already been through the stats in testing. There was around 6% difference between Stu and Cagme in testing.
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Hey peakaboo
    pykeybraa145 and seth123 like this.