PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

ive had wheels fall off and engines blow up from down shifting too quick and yes the P1 is so much fun cant be a lead foot in it lol, ive already pre ordered on pc and will prob get it for ps4 as well
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    why is this game more and more looking like rfactor graphics with every build? might be heading into uncanny valley but those trees rocks and walls just look way off i can see the y formation and the edges of each texture :confused: and the lighting is nothing special at all and badly faked.Heck gt6 trees look better don't see the seams..still not sold on this one yet it will have to pull something special out of it's butt in the physics side to catch my attention and graphics wise it's going backwards or other games i'm playing are looking better??:confused: i really don't know but when you have games like this on pc with just a simple texture swap and enb others just look strange
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    nah no way you'd need sli for 4k single screen,triples yeah but thats even at 1080p for max settings in most of todays titles if game is perfectly optimised should be no drama on a single card.Sweet FX doesnt really do that much these days unless after a touch of bloom or sharpness but there won't be any ENB if the game doesn't atleast support a little modding for .txt files.i've looked at the files before but they are pretty scattered and most encrypted so it will be up to them to polish it up I'ts all just a big waiting game to see what is possible :coffee:
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I guess the clues will come from what was possible with the Shift games. If it's popular it will attract the modders, who hopefully won't just rip car models into other games but will also add to it. iirc it took a while before Shift mods starting appearing on NoGripRacing.com, by which time I had stopped playing them. It's a little funny to think that a bunch of us have been playing Project CARS for 3 years and yet it still somehow feels 'new'.
  6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    What's with all the negativity?

And I was listening to the criticism from Koaster before he spat out that there's no Nurburgring, because that's just completely wrong (as was discussed). Hence, I'd rather hear feedback from people who's more knowledgable about the game - no offense of course.

So much console bashing here... This is the dream racing game for consoles right now. Definitely nothing like it since V8 Supercars (Excluding GRID: Autosport, because it sold terribly because Codemasters just made the wrong call in terms of its development (GRID2 *cough*).
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i first typed up everything i had nearly a page worth on this title and how it's on a possible one way collision but the short version shift 2 engine(added extra light source bumped up reflection and AF and weather tweak),investors cringing after first 110% return proved false and brit financial group closed funding early in development due to sms using crowd funding stating as investment with high return (illegal)

dmca claims to be had by all track owners just because you change the names and logo's of suzuka,spa,nurb so on doesn't mean you can't then also be stung for likeness right's ain't no loop hole like porche and ruff... and with no further money left (3 years development,advertising,workers,legit licencing) of funders to pay for the 4-5 unlicensed tracks (true cause of delay don't bull:poop: with me SMS) only way around law suit is to change a few corners here and there (have heard such could be in progress not sure of truth won't know) physics are guess work in files but most games are so hit or miss..
    same approach to track building as simbin using height data and satellite photo's no laser scanning here but if done correctly like simbin have proved you can get pretty close.

so to sum up we have a company once on the food chain who then got bust and burnt after ea chewed them up and spat them out after a buggy fatal Shift 2 (which still is carved in most of our minds how they slapped that out and never fixed the :poop: well modders did for pc didn't take long at all) and they are after there last ditch effort to save there company by using you the gamer sorry investor to take them back up to the top if it makes it to the pearly gates or not will be up to the consumer.

But dear lord don't hold your breath :thumbsup: game ain't nowhere near done but they will release it because they have to.Expect day 1/quick dlc aswell to make up something to pay what's left of investors all 30-40k of them some as deep as 40 thousand $$$ invested

and the only "SIM" to ever hit a console that acted as it should was Richard burns rally still patched and modded yearly on pc. :thumbsup: awesome sim and enthusia :laugh: so yes this is the short version of my reply yes i've seen the game yes i've also been through every last file ripped right open to see the inner workings no i'm not an investor yes i'm open minded but no i am not drooling over low poly assets and freaking camera flare (WHY ADD THAT:thumbsdown:!!!!) and yes i'll buy it but as a source as any other racing game but i'm afraid we are far off anything "REAL" on console or pc for years to come few are really close though fingers crossed

so yes be pumped for the game enjoy it but with the little bit i gave you here be warned and treat it as just another game:thumbsup:

rant over :roflmao: i know it's hard to portray emotion through text and you don't know me but im a chilled guy just stating the know.To show both sides some pumped up others fearful and that's why people are negative to this game here aswell as some loving :D have a good 1:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Well that's one way to view things, rather misinformed though.
    And talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :speechless:
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I am not at all...and i never bow down and eat from any hands especially filth disease ridden garbage..I'm done :speechless:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-25-slightly-mad-to-stop-accepting-funds-for-project-cars
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

over it.Say what you may they are broke and will do whatever to get cash even a reskin.And dont forget the other game from them coming world of speed.2 titles 1 2.5mill budget yeah sure there not broke at all :thumbsup: you'd pay that for suzuka that's why most sim tittles dont touch the place,they charge too much you can get the whole nord for cheaper.
    in the end i don't really care if people enjoy the game or not i'm just lifting a curtain for people to see why they are paying full price for a unfinshed game that will be gt6 patch mad and dlc ridden:coffee:
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Not sure why people who share an opinion that's not along the lines of "pCARS looks like the best thing since sliced bread" are getting singled out and labelled as negative/console bashers?!

I think you need to re-read my post. It was objective comments as to the realism of gameplay solely in the context of that promotional video (as compared to the reviewers commenting "real sim" over and over). That's not negativity. I even said it looks stunning - that's a positive! As for knowledgeable - aren't we all watching the same video here ergo on the same level for this one?!

Nordschliefe - I dunno man that's what they say in the video when I skipped through it, that it wasn't in it - so wasn't really me that "spat" that out, that was the "knowledgeable" folks in that video review.

No console bashing just watched a video and formed an opinion on what I saw, nothing less or more. As far as I knew/care that could have been the PC version, I would have said the same. I have a console. I use it. I like it. I would consider getting pCARS on console if pCARS delivers and that is the platform with the strongest following on ROOZ (as I have said several times before throughout this thread). The only thing I ever set out to do on this thread was dispell a mis-informed opinion that PC sim racing was disproportionately expensive from consoles.

If you don't want to hear my feedback, don't read it. But please don't pigeon hole me especially based on cherry picking a few of my comments out of context. I haven't labelled or pigeon holed anyone else here as a 'fanboy' or 'ignorant', so please have the same respect.
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Ian Bell innovated a new way to fund an create a video game, which due to it's 'innovative' nature, couldn't be pigeon-holed into existing financial structures. The FSA are only interested in protecting the public from dodgey schemes, so none of us had a problem with the investigation or its outcome. Desired funds had been reached at that time, everything was closed. Only some complained about missing out, so SMS offered to reduce their share to let more people in.
    It's been a learning journey for both them and us, but for once we've got an A-grade studio that's not tied down by money-focussed publishers working for us, with us, and giving a great insight into how most games are made.
    Licensing is simply a slow and tedious progress, what may be released as near-launch DLC for your favourite games may have been intended for launch but the contract just wasn't signed in time.Not sure what the point of the Shift 2 comparison video is, I'll openly say that I really did not like Shift 2. Purchased it early based on reputation and barely made it beyond the 3rd career tier.
  13. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Reading with interest.
    I'm un decided whether to go PS4 or PC on this game atm.....still not happy with having to "pay to play" on PSN now.
    Will be trying the PS4 version when it comes out via a mate then just watch how the boy's at ROOZ swing?
    Crunch likes this.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Smart man
  15. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    dont worry about what they said, my audio was muted when I posted that video and when I got home to re-watch it I couldn't believe how retarded they sounded with some of their dumb comments. I think they're just minecraft players that tried to make a Project Cars preview video.

The in-car view that showed basic textures suggest they must have had an old build because if you watch the twitch preview by the SMS guys themselves show proper textures inside the car.

Time will tell if Project Cars really is as good as they're making it out to be. For their and our sake, I hope it is.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    its videos like this that keeps me believing that project cars will be awesome
    Crunch likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Sounds to me like they have made the game for arcade racers and full on Sim racers, instead of blending the two together (Like GT and Forza).
  18. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    well said
  19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Licensing of the Nürburgring, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Spa Francorchamps, Sonoma, Brno & Willow Springs has been finalized.
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i got a new gtx980 card today so i done a quick pcars test on my build841 copy everything maxed out was getting about 50-60fps and was getting 12-20fps with 4K DSR enabled, 31 cars on grid all AI driving, heres a 1080 60fps clip i recorded pity youtube makes it look crap lol
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    webnomad, KoAStR, Crunch and 2 others like this.