PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Racing into the night at Imola PS4

Cadwell Park Helmet Cam PS4

Azure Coast Helmet Cam PS4

2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    WAC, Cyber_STIG_77 and Peter Wise like this.
  3. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

4. Driftoz

5. Driftoz

6. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Graphical Effects and Visual Options PS4
  7. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I wouldn't call this easy

What I would say is that you are more aware of an imminent loss of traction which gives you just enough time to do something about it, whereas 'a real sim' wouldn't allow you that luxury. Driving a racing car fast is not hard. Driving fast in the rain is also not hard (well for some people out there it is, but I digress) assuming of course you have the right tyres on. It's going as fast as your talent allows consistently where the challenge comes in, and for rain it's the standing water that you have to look out for. Read Ben's feedback about the rain, he absolutely loves it. However the grip levels on grass need a little work.
  8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Project Cars - Formula Rookie - Donnington PS4 Gameplay
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Some more feedback from Ben.

10. Driftoz

That was an awesome read. Would have thought he would have mentioned some stuff about the 5sec flag before now though lol
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  11. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Not sure if this is just TrackIR being used or some other special effect, but it makes me really want Oculus Rift / Hive to hurry up and release :)

12. Driftoz

Yeah I'm thinking of trying out trackir with triple screen if it's worth it. That vid is just special effect I think I don't think he uses trackir
    Crunch likes this.
  13. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I don't think you would need both, unless say you wanted it to also look behind you quickly. TrackIR is mostly for those who can't have triples. I find it more useful for open world stuff where you have to check intersections... or say a flight sim, and specifically iRacing. Project CARS for instance has a good enough software 'look to apex' that I just don't miss it (even though it does support it now). A VR headset would make TrackIR redundant.
  14. Driftoz

i want it more for looking at side mirrors or next to me because with fov set how it should be as far as i know i usually cant see one or both side mirrors or even if i move camera back so i can see mirror i cant see out the side window and i thought it might be a bit more natural or better than having to push a button to look left/right plus i just like the idea of being able to look around like you can with the oculas lol
  15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Ah ok fair enough. Just have to make sure you don't have say an open window behind you as the sunlight will interfere with the infrared camera. I don't have the necessary space for anything bigger than a single 24" screen at present so I'm waiting for VR.
  16. Driftoz

yeah fair enough, na i usually play in the dark. ive just spent $1000 on triple 29" monitors i dont really wanna spend $500 on vr and have my triple monitors not being used. but yeah i also want a VR headset just for general fun usage one day.
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    California Highway Day to Night PS4
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Would I be correct in saying that PCARS has no Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche vehicles?
    Any other big manufacturers not appearing? Haven't seen many Jap cars yet...is there an up to date car list somewhere?
  19. Driftoz

20. Driftoz

old leaked build with AI driving as i cbf getting my wheel out lol vid is to show gfx performance running 3770k i7 and gtx980