PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...Classic-Lotus-Expansion&p=1179013#post1179013
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So, went out and picked up PS4 and pcars yesterday, fired it up last night and WOW. will organize PS+ tonight so hopefully might catch some of you online to help me set the bloody thing up.

If anyone has some wheel settings they would recommend would be appreciated, found a thread on pcars forum will try that but is so damn complicated ! Was really surprised how dead the wheel felt straight up, no FFB at all. Anyway, keen for a run tonight, will keep an eye out.
    SuiCid3, t_b_williams and SPL Racing like this.
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Should be a lot of us on tonight @stucar17 as there's a double header tomorrow night and a lot of us are struggling to get practice time in on them both.
    Add me, PSN handle is same as my user name.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sent one beaker
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    About bloody time, bring it on beeatch
    SuiCid3, t_b_williams and stucar17 like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Looking forward to it cob, been a while mate and will be good to catch up again.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @CobMcCool what settings are you running for your wheel ? Did you copy from t500 or are there different ones for the 300 ?
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Still looking at it. Will depend how fast I can get my head around all the setup of it all. Keen to get on tonight, feel like I'm cheating on my girlfriend with a hotter chic !!!
  10. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey Stu @Killercarlcox69 can help you out with all those settings. He is running a T300
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks, I have found some stuff online as well, will have a crack at it late this Arvo.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

stucar17 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks smithy
    Sam D Blacklock and SuiCid3 like this.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Be sure to claim the 14 day free trial if you've never been a ps+ member before as you won't be able to claim it after you first pay for the subscription.
  15. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Lot's of practice will be needed Stu , and a few can's of the good stuff . When I first got on with my T500 , it felt dead but after an hour of stuffing around I was off like a brides nightie .
    Your going to fall in love with this game , I haven't been back to GT6 since I got it .
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @stucar17
    My tip would be to find a typical wheel setup that you are comfortable with.
    Run with that until you get the hang of the game, don't even bother trying to tune just yet.
    Keep trying different wheel configs until you find one that's hit the sweet spot.

The key is getting your wheel set up just as you like it before playing with tunes.
    It will make transitioning over from GT a hell of a lot more easier!
    Killercarlcox69 and stucar17 like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks for all your help with this guys, really is appreciated. One of the things i dread, is that feeling of not knowing if i am getting the most out of what i have, however now the wheel settings feel awesome i am starting to gain a little confidence on the track.

I normally dont do reviews, especially given how long the game has been out, but for anyone "thinking" about getting into PCARS and stepping away from GT6, i can only say start thinking about it a little harder. I have been between the 2 games now for a few weeks and aside from GT6 network issues which we have all fought with at some stage, it just feels so stale when compared to PCARS. The graphics are better, the physics feel more realistic in terms of grip, the sounds are to die for (even though this was never big on my list, i think i can say that i get it now !) and the career mode and free race setup is fantastic. I was a little daunted by the thought of having to tune everything, but after running around in a few cars with no tune, it really is no issue as the cars seem to do what you want. The realism of cold tires adds another dimension, not to mention the wet weather driving......havent done a lot of that yet, needless to say the graphics are beautiful....

All that said, it doesnt seem to have the ease of function in the online lobby as GT6 has, perhaps thats just me still finding my way around, after 15 seasons of GT5/6. Also, the number of settings the game has seems a little over the top, COULD THEY HAVE MADE IT ANY MORE COMPLICATED ! Once i got the wheel right though, the FFB settings through the app make each individual car FFB settings easy and fast. The other BIG difference is that each car handles and reacts differently, to the point you actually have to drive them differently. i always felt that GT6 offered very little difference between the majority of their cars. They all kind of felt the same, but again that could have been from spending so many hours on it.

With the graphics i have noticed some blurring, not sure if there is a setting to make that a little crisper, but the general setup is sweet. I am also yet to see any issues with lag or glitches, however i havent been in a full room as yet. Havent seen or hit any invisible walls or land mines but im sure they will be coming !

With so many options, i do see the need to get a wireless keyboard to map all the different settings available. My T500 just cant cope based on the limited number of buttons, not a necessity, but if you are looking to take advantage of all that is offered you will need to get one to work as a button box.

I am also really looking forward to the app coming soon to run as a motec screen, will set up the old iphone and work out a way to attach it to the wheel. Again struggling a little with all the on onscreen info, but will get easier the more i play.....

SO, that's my late, small rundown for those of you who are sitting on the fence......all ill say is from my experience so far you wont be disappointed.

Stu
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks spectre, will have a close look at it when the app becomes available. Not sure if I want to mount behind the wheel in the gap between the top of the rim and wheel centre, or above the rim to one side.

I think it's all due out on about the 15th of this month.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    There's a diagnostics app coming for PCars PS4 or are you guys talking about the PC version?