PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

specifically a 1200+ HP quad rotor quad turbo made by mad mike lol, personally i would have liked to see his RX7 ingame instead
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So the PS4 version of the "pcars dash" is live on Apple apps, pretty sure android as well. Anyone got it set up yet ?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  3. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer Stu a few of us were having a run last night with it running, spent alot of time off the track due to looking at the Phone/Tablets
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  5. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    How easy is it to pair up with the PS4 FBS?
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Pretty simple just just in Gameplay option on the game set UDP to 5 and i think the devoce just has to be hooked up too the internet then it does it all itself
  7. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Good to know, thanks.
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    So what apps you boys running? as there are now several that support it.

I downloaded HUD Dash trial and worked straight away, there is a dedicated PCars one too that seems to have some good features.

Just wondering which one is the best to drop my coin on???
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Can't help you sorry Clevo, as I have an iPhone, which only seems to have one app (pCars Dash). Seems to work fine so far.
    stucar17 and Clevohead like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all, finally bit the dust and joined the dark side, enjoying the sounds, graphics, frame rate and atmosphere of it a lot, but this game is very, very difficult to get into with a controller, this game doesn't give you any assistance if you're using a controller unlike GT6 or F1. Oversteer is nearly impossible to control, and there's no feeling to it whatsoever. I'm ashamed to admit I'm having to use the driver aids but I'll get used to it as I play it more and more. Alas, the people in this great community are throwing me settings left right and centre so I really am grateful. I have no hesitation in saying since using a wheel since 2012, my skills with a controller have eroded rapidly!

I can't really have a viable opinion until I acquire a compatible wheel, which I'll add I've played on two different wheels with nowhere near as much hassle, a Formula A car on a broken T500RS is easier than a Renault Clio cup car on a controller lol. Glitches are everywhere in the single player mode which, considering how old the game is you'd think would be fixed by now. The collision physics are broken in which if there is any sort of body rubbing the car goes straight on, and when there is so much pack racing in this game, it's almost game braking, and I cannot understand why this can't be fixed.

Overall I'm enjoying it but not as much as I would have liked. I noticed the Sunday league poll has the 190E leading by mile, it's a shame the GT6 season runs simultaneously, the 190E is my all time favourite touring car. However I'm keen to join in on some midweek racing. Can't wait to give it a proper go with a wheel.

Edit: The default controls were giving me carpal tunnel so I'm pleased I was able to change the gear shifts to the L2/R2 buttons and Throttle/Brake to the right analog stick. After I did this the game became far, far more enjoyable.
    SuiCid3 and garyw61 like this.
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    You mention the collision physics in which any side by side contact sees the cars "glued" together. Unfortunately, SMS say that for them to have such an accurate real world physics engine and damage model, then there's actually nothing they can do to fix that issue. SMS say its something they will endevour to fix in PCARS2, but its nothing they can do to fix in a future update for PCARS.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    This game takes time to get your head around it keep pushing through it you will come out the other side ,it will be worth it . If you need help I can get on and run you through the game settings you need to get them right first before trying to race .
    Hang in there ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    [​IMG]
    Merry Xmas to me. This was hiding under the tree on friday. Its no T300, but honestly I'm just grateful to have a wheel that I can start getting into PCars with. Plus in my opinion the pedal set :):):):)s all over the standard thrustmaster gear.
    Now to start trolling though all the threads/posts to get the FFB settings better. feels a bit weak out of the box.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hang in there Jono. The G29 can be had for under $300 if you wait for one of the sales. That is, if you're still going the Logitech route.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Don't worry he is hardly off it even without a wheel... he doesn't want to admit it but he is a little addicted to the game
    SuiCid3 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  16. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    pCars Dash Clevo is the go , work's fine on my windows phone .
    Clevohead likes this.
  17. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    I'm working on an idea to stick mine to the centre of the Ferrari F1 rim on the T500, I've seen some seriously fantastic ideas for replicating the Ferrari F1 rev counter and speed counter, but the dash doesn't quite represent that so well, is brilliant though,
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    TheJuzzy and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  20. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member