PCARS PS4 Watkins Glen 2hr, FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by TDZdave, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Definitely more to come guys. Got lots planned to suit everyone. For now we will be running one-off events on Mondays and Tuesday's, while Friday's we will be running some more endurance and medium distance events. We'll be mixing it up with the cars and tracks, all the while gathering important information to help get something solid to work with for a full blown League series. Stay tuned, it's just the beginning...
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Had a lot of fun last night guys despite the hiccups. Really enjoyed multi class racing. I'm in love with the the Mclaren GT1 as well, such an awesome car!

Big shame on the bugs and glitches that seem to hound this game though. Leading with 7 or 8 laps to go I encountered the invisible wall glitch, completely ruining my car and race. When it happened my tires turned instantly blue and I lost all force feedback to my wheel. Others I know (giantslayer, fastboy, ragoo etc) had issues with clunky pitstops and weird tire physics in regards to either super hot red or super cold blue (air pressure changes not being able to fix it) hampering their race. I really do hope these issues can be fixed as running a championship will be/is pretty much pointless.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  3. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    well, at least the PCars devs are working on it, to be honest, considering they were only a specifics developer working for EA to making their own game from the ground up, I'm surprised that these are the only issues,

It really means that we can't race for quite so long, maybe just long enough to force a pit stop for fuel, which would be around 70 minutes,
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Plenty of stuff about the invisible walls happening if you google it so they must be aware of it. Only a matter of time before they sort it out. The pit stops are being problem solved over the next couple of days.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    The other thing is as well, the game was designed entirely for PC, and was going to be adapted to PS3/ Xpox360, then they delayed it for next gen consoles, a lot of adjustments, there comes a time when the budget vs remaining employed clashes heavily,
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    You hit right on the head Dave !!!!!
  7. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    Well mate, this is why we have to be more lenient with this developer, they came in with less then one quarter of PD's budget and given us this, I'm extremely impressed, and seeing what these guys have done with the budget has me feeling rather disappointed in GT, Forza and iRacing,
    TheJuzzy and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  8. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Thats the way I look at it .
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Oh yes it's a fantastic game, it's what I wanted in a racing game since I was an ankle biter. And I know the development team is just a fraction of what other big name developers are. And they have been very quick on big patches. There is really only a few bugs left that they need to squash that are game breaking for multiplayer.

So here's hoping they can find the source of these defects efficiently so we can get on with our racing and they can get on with more awesome support.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
  11. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    How many years did it take gt 6 to get it right, 2 years I think .
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy

Here's some Vid of the GT4 boy's mixing it up on Friday night .
    Noxrai likes this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Haven't fixed it yet
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  14. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    as far as I'm concerned, GT6 is more broken now then it was on release, anyway, we wont have any PD bashing here on the forum.

@TheJuzzy nice vid mate,
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Madr it through all right the first time, but some one made it very hard to see them when you closing in very quickly
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looked like a fun battle. Be awesome if we could get a full lobby like that
    TheJuzzy likes this.