GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Just a quick thought everyone, but can we give some consideration to using the cars from the recommended garage for the remaining rounds?? This would be staying truer to the original format of those particular rounds.

I mean I have already bought all the required cars, but stuffed if I've got time to get them properly run in.

It ensures we are all in equal machinery, and you can still change the colour of the Macca and the Tamora.

What youse think?
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

^thats what i suggested turbo, but they said about personalising cars
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That would take up too much time, we should all go out spaced out so that we are able to get a clean lap.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    As much as I'm against changing rules mid season, my gut feeling is to leave it as it is to avoid grumbles later on. If we are going to change it must be full concensus. I propose one lap qually for each race next week. The last race to be split into three 18 lap sprints with a pit stop in each and the second and third race reverse grid from the race before. If anybody has another proposal please put it forward. I don't know if we can get agreement from all as there may be some who don't know this discussion is going on.
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I support single lap quali, but leave the last race as an enduro. Regular points, just like the Sunday league.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can buy a car and run it in and then gift it to you, which ones do you need?
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'd be quite happy with that.
  8. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just stick them in the Grand Valley B-spec enduro when you get home from work. Presto! Run in by bed time.

Last night I was running the B-spec like the wind event to run in my McLaren while watching TV.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not everyone has B spec drivers at a high enough level to do the Grand Valley 300.
  10. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    +1
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Tbh I think mid season changes are a bad idea and should be avoided if possible, at the end of the day it is unlikely to change the results as the fastest will prevail and I think consistency through the season is the most important thing.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    +1
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I support the single lap quali but sending one driver after the other with a 15 sec gap to allow for a clean lap.
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    To make any changes mid season, all need to agree to it. Clevo, I think you decided on the current setup, your thoughts??

I wouldn't mind a hotlap qualy between each race, but everyone needs to agree
  15. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Personally don't like the idea of a 'hot lap', especially considering there's only 4 races left, one being nordschleife.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I've done loads of sim leagues with hotlap config for qualiy, i think its a awesome idea and adds massive pressure on the driver to get it right, but i couldn't be bothered doing it a track like nordschleife.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Problem is I don't have a B-Spec driver high enough to do the longer races, and sitting through multiple races is just torture (I did like 10 of the same in the Corvette). I lost my save a while back when my hard drive got a bit corrupted, so started from scratch back at the start of season 9.

I just think using the cars from the recommended garage is easier for everyone, and the only car it will affect in terms of "appearance" will be the Audi. You can't change the Supra regardless, and the other two are colour selectable from the manufacturers colours.
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yeah sorry Turbo, hadn't considered that people's B-spec may not be too high. I was running the like the wind event PIP the other night to get one of my drivers career bar up too. Was about 16min/race on indy in the mclaren.

I am fine with using the recommended garage. Are the specs the same? If so, people could use either.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yea barra, im not sure how powerful the recommended cars are, whether they only equal a stock premium, or a stock premium with an oil change, etc.
    i dont see the problem, thats how we did it originally and it makes it so much simpler. do people really care that much how their cars look?
    btw, supras at the ring will be awesome, shame thats not the enduro, i hate high speed ring, find it so mundane IMO.

im up for a hotlap at the ring, if your stuck behind someone thats genuinely slower than you around there in a race, its a ***** to overtake on and could create problems (potentiallly). if you are quicker than someone though, its a lot better to start from in front of them at least.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Traditionally, the specs of cars in the recommended garage were NOT the same as the dealerships.
    I don't know if this has changed with any of the v2+ updates.