GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

But then I wouldn't see the point in joining up the two divisions that are completely at opposite ends of the scale together.
    I'm not trying to sound like a ****, I didn't realise the Div3 room had bad attendance as well (only just saw you had 6 drivers for every race), but a Div1/Div2 room would be more closely matched, especially with the top-end Div2 drivers. But then you'd still only get 6 drivers as well.....
    I just don't see the point in a larger room just for the sake of having more numbers. I know this post might make me sound like a prick but there it is.

edit: or stumbles idea, that sounds like a good compromise without leaving one of the Div1/Div3 rooms with only 5-6 people.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Who knows, in the last week the rooms might explode with attendance lol and everyone in the OP will be there :)
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No merged or split divisions, we will run our own rooms. This will prevent any further heated debates, and keep things simple.
  4. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    If we have the same turn out for div 1 this week we may as well just can it, ended up with 3 in the last race which is just sad really.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well 5 started the race.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Bluemoon and emmo are out of reach for me and I think unless S_CLOSE has some catastrophy on sunday I'm ending up in 4th overall.

Sunday was a mixed bag for me.

Started with a network problem trying to enter for the qualifying that I had to quit and restart the game to remedy but clevo kept the qualy going till I got a hot lap in and managed 4th I think.

Got a so-so start and by end of the 1st lap was about 3 secs off the front 3 then coming onto the straight everyone in front of me was ghosting and emmo was facing the wrong way. I managed to hold onto 1st for most of the first half of the race till a slight incident heading into the downhill right left let Bluemoon catch right up and pass me so I pitted and come out just behind S_CLOSE. I'm not sure what Bluemoon's pit startegy was but I put in some pretty fast laps but never saw him again. I was getting really good runs on S_CLOSE into the double left hander after the hill climb and I tried to stick my nose up under and thought I could hold a tighter line but I jammed him into the wall and caused him to half spin so I waited till he caught back up and let him pass which let emmo catch right up to us and eventually get past. S_CLOSE kept with emmo and started to pull away before the end of the race and on the final turn I spun out trying to get a run onto the straight but still finished 4th.

Race 2. I like Eiger. I like the hairpins and the undulations and the scenery too (when you get to look) and was hoping to go fairly well here. Got stuck behind CWhelan a bit on the first lap and gave him a couple of touches from when he was braking earlier but he must have missed his brake marker coming into the right hander before the tunnel and run off the track and I set off after emmo. Coming into the first turn after the pits I misjudged my braking point in the slipstream and ran just a little hot into the hairpin. I just went a little wide up the inside but emmo was trying for the same bit of track and I couldnt turn sharp enough or slow down fast enough with my front tyres glowing red but I tried and tried to turn and slow but he was leaning hard on me and I made him spin. I stopped and saw on my map that S_CLOSE and Bluemoon also had an incident in the same corner and while waiting for emmo they both got past us and thats the last I saw of them. After my pitstop I could only see emmo so I tried to catch him and made some headway but the gap was just too big and I finished 4th again.

Race 3. Good ole nurb. I have loved this track since it first made it's appearance in the GT series (and also in a less popular title Riding Spirits, which was basically GT on 2 wheels. Awesome game that one) and every car I buy gets a testrun on this track to see what time it'll do. I did a little testing with S_CLOSE on this track and he confessed that he was a nurb novice so I was surprised with how well he held up till he had his eventual run-off. I was behind CWhelan again for the first kilometre and was giving him the hurry up like last time with some love taps from behind till the first long left handed 'straight' where I drafted past. I'm not sure who I passed first but I got past Bluemoon and S_CLOSE and set off after emmo again. My first lap was a 7.20 something and on the second lap I put my head right down and set off on a mission. I'd caught up to emmo by the 6-7km mark and he had a little spin right at the 8km mark on the sharp right hander going up the hill and I took full advantage and kept my head down. I pitted end of the lap and saw a 7.07 lap. Came out of the pits still in the lead and set off. No traffic, and no mistakes till the last turn onto the big back straight with a 12 sec gap when I had a full 360 spin but pulled out of it in 2nd gear and kept going somehow and finished the lap 7.05 with a 6 or 7 sec lead.

My first 2 races were dissapointing as I had expected to do better and had some race pace but a series of silly errors left me wanting. The last race nearly made up for it. :lol: Thanx as always to Clevohead for his hosting, and congrats to emmo, S_CLOSE and bluemoon on your assorted podiums and victories. I look forward to maybe showing you my exhaust pipes on Sunday.
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Hey guys, not rocking up for last race. Really really can not be bothered doing soo many laps of HSR. It's high on my list of unfavoured tracks, along with ovals.

One less for Div 1 anyways O:)
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would take any merged server but i find it hard to be motivated about doing an enduro with a turnout of 5 being best case sceniaro.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    There was a heated debate?? I must have missed it.

+1 for Stumbles idea.
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    +1 for Stumbles idea too
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i like stumbles idea but think the div 2 results would have to be awarded by tallying the total race time of each driver.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

If we only have 5 and get split up early on, I'll be surprised if we end up with 3 that finish
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I missed race 1 cause i didn't see about early start,Cyberstig knows why,but was very happy to notice a "false" pole for race 2,pity race start was set for results previous race, lol. Took start easy,got past cob when he ran wide then settled in the line 4th,no way past,so saved tyres,&when Cyber and Zampli pitted,i pushed and got it from 20secs behind Mus in 2nd to 12,but went one lap to long,lost the rears too much by half way down the hill and ran wide twice after that lap,to follow Mus in to the pits,19secs behind,though my entry must have been good or Mus's too fast cause i dropped and left my stall 8secs after he passed me,and i almost came out in 2nd in front of Cyberstig and cob ,but got held at end pit road badly,must have been nothing in it,Cyber and Cob must have seen me almost coming out,then i didn't as the computer baulked me for Cyber,then Cob,as they were nose to tail,and then it spat me out right in front of Zampli,into a 3 car length gap,who i couldn't fairly hold at bay long enough to get my tyres up to temp,and made a mistake trying,but all in all a good race.Sorry if it seemed like blocking,Zampli,it wasn't. Good Win Mus!You might have noticed i held the gap to you mid race. Race three i was going well in 4th but kicked off the curb into the side of cob entering the last of the Right,Left,R,L,sequence before the straight with the bridge so stayed right,let both he and Zampli past and went again. Fortunately for me they had a big altercation(they know where,LOL),soon after and i was able to pass again and pull away and come up behind behind Cyber and Mus and see a ripping battle,then they pitted,and i kept going.I had a good lead and was pulling away,when somewhere about 1/4 way into lap 2,my TV,which i move to my cockpit which is in my lounge room,turned over for the F1's and when i got it back on the ps3 channel i'd lost 45 secs odd and 2 positions to be in 3rd,I'm sure Mus is still wondering what went on as he quit out soon after i got back racing,Cyber had a laugh at the messages post race when he found out,that put me in 2nd again,but after pitting at end lap 2,i was 28secs behind Cyber and back to 3rd behind Cob,and set out in pursuit and was very happy to close the gap to 14 secs but something happened with Cob,i don't know what i didn't see him,and i was suddenly in 2nd which i hadn't passed him for,so entered the pits to finish,but he still didn't get across line before me,so i guess i'll take the 2nd at +20 secs,but i think i might have had the win in my grasp until the TV changed,I won't make that mistake again! :lol: Good win Cyber,would have liked to see what happened otherwise!

I'm easy whatever happens this week,i'll turn up at Cyber's Room as soon as he opens this week,and race whatever has been decided.

Apologies for the first week,i have played the game a LONG time,i bought the Collectors Edition on release,and know most tricks etc,(DETEST HACKED CARS AND FULLY SUPPORT SONY & POLYPHONY"S CURRENT ACTION, MX-5's WITH RED BULL SPEED & LENO TANK CAR WHEELS STICKING @ft OUTSIDE THE BODY?STUPID!!!),but hadn't noticed how much difference running in makes,simply because i've always raced with PP,or power(the cars non run in maximum) & weight restriction(what the car would be at stage 2 plus windows),with tuning allowed,which alllows different set ups through the series at different tracks,and to even use ballast to make a car handle better for the particular track.It really works by letting people have their own driving style,which can especially cone into play for endurance events,and even with people using less fuel than in standard setting cars,and tyre strategy can work better. Maybe a thought for a future series.
    Apart from that it's been shuffle racing for the standard setups,and you always are yo-yo up& down the field,the way it evens it out with the cars you get depending on how well you finish.
    Other racing i'd been at the front mostly for the last 12 months,in open rooms,& regular friends open lobbies,that's why i questioned the tuning week 1,but i hope i acquitted myself well last week. :)
    I will be 100% regular,i only missed week 2 cause a DUI idiot knocked down the junction box nearest me on the saturday night before,no net for 5 days!. :mad:
    Apologies to anyone who was offended by that Exit message,on looking at it again,i understand how it could be misconstrued,it's now changed. Hope the guy's in Div 1 are happy,i am,and am sure i can run with Mus on my best tracks,on my best day,hopefully that consistency can comebut i'll battle all others first!

:)
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Run in doesn't matter that much, all my cars for the last two weeks were fresh from the dealer when I raced them.
  15. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Well at HSR it should hopefully make a difference considering the % of lap you're at full throttle.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I find running in adds almost a second per lap on most tracks.
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

All good dek, it looked like your exit message as it was the last thing that came up before you left the room.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    It matters when the racing is close and the drivers are equal. It can make a huge difference with slipstreaming, both in front by holding them off, and behind with getting much higher speeds. If you are driving better than those you are racing with, then yes, it's not gonna make any difference.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    BTW, is the race starting at normal hours this week or will it be a bit earlier?
  20. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I'm going to guess the same time. It shouldnt take any longer than the previous rounds, since there is not time wasted between races.

Also, don't forget there has been a game (and firmware?) update since last weekend, so make sure to leave time for that when coming online tonight.