GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok here is the deal, I am leaving it up to Div 2 to sort who goes where. The top half of Div2 is to join Div 1, and the lower half is to join Div 3.

The normal Div Hosts Myself, and Cyber_Stig will record the Div 2 guys finish times for combination to compile Div 2 results.

The extra drivers in the host Divs will not be losing any points it is basically a dual class race, with their positions recorded after excluding the Div 2 guys from the results table.

Any questions?
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Cool, let's do it!
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will be on for a run. See you guys there.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I cant see any problems there Clevo.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    So Div 2 guys, we will have Barra, Flood, Gary, Joe join Cyber and the Div 1 aliens (NB. N64 has said he is missing this round, so he would be there as well if he appears). Those boys are all in for a shot at second and third for the championship, so they can battle it out among themselves. Good luck boys!!

The remaining boys, Beanie, Turbo, Stumbles and Aza will head into Clevo's room. 54 laps, man not gonna need to look at the HSR again for a very long time after this.
  6. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Won't be racing tonight guys, had a bad fall down my stairs at home ( socks on polished timber stairs ) and I'm far to tender to be sitting in my driving rig for 1 1/2 hrs. I have set up the room so everything should run as normal :). If someone could save the replay and do the results that would be great. Have fun
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sorry guys, unexpected dinner which I was told would be finished by 8:30 but you know how things go.....
    Even bothered to do the running in this time just in one of the B-Spec enduros, at least it levelled up a bit.
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    That was a good night of racing! I managed to get a 1:04.1 pre qually, but only 4.4 for qually. Managed a 1:04.1 again during the race as well. Only second after disturboed blistering 1:03.6. :)

Maybe we will do this again in 2 years :)
  11. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    The Audi at HSR hey?

First ever race of ROOZ. Think it may have been in December 2010.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    So long ago! I don't even have the save file for that.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Not the most exciting track but was still fun. Made a mistake on turn 2-lap 1 and span out leaving me in the back of the queue, and spent the race playing catch up. After a couple of laps caught up with Clevo and he had his elbows up, but managed to get pass with a lot of yellow paint (this wouldn't be the last time) on my car.
    Managed very badly the first two set of tires which caused me to lose time at the end of each stint. Did a lot better job with last two stints and won some ground to get in front of Ad and keep him there until the end.
    I actually learnt a lot from this race which I'll take on board for next season. Congrats to the podium and to Emmo for another successful championship and consistently kicking our back sides, well done mate.
    Hope to see you all very soon on track, cheers guys.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great series! Thanks Beannie for the idea and thanks to the hosts/mods for making it happen. Yes, lets do it again regularly.
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Round results:

1. Flood........ 1:02.05.314.......10
    2. Stumbles... 1:02.21.190........8
    3. Barra........ 1:02.35.966........6
    4. Gary......... 1:02.44.564........5
    5. Turbo....... 1:02.56.402........4
    6. Anon........1:03.06.573.........3
    7. Joe.......... 52 laps...............2

Totals:

R1 R2. R3 R4 Total
    1. N64..........24 20 28 0 72
    2. Flood........9 24 12 10 55
    3. Barra........18 10 19 6 53
    4. Gary.........16 16 10 5 47
    5. Joe...........8 20 9 2 38
    6. Anon........0 16 18 3 37
    7= Beannie....20 8 0 0 28
    7= Turbo.......13 3 8 4 28
    9. Stumbles..5 0 13 8 26
    10. Aza.........6. 0. 0. 0 6

***NOW EDITED TO INCLUDE TURBO!!!!***

Anon, I know you said not to include you, but you were here for 3 out of 4 rounds, so you deserve a spot as much as anyone else.

The race last night was very fun for the first 6 and a half laps, but my connection sneezed as we went over the bridge on lap 7, and everyone scattered and someone gave me a huge bump as I was entering the tunnel, damaging my engine and 2 wheels. I couldnt even keep it straight enough to not belt the end of the pit entry wall. End result was 18 seconds lost, and lost the draft of everyone. Was pretty happy to see almost everyone pit on lap 11 or 12, so hoped they needed to do 4 stops and I could get back involved. Pitted lap 13 to do a 13/14/13/14 lap strategy. Added only the 15 free litres while the tyres went on and came out not too far behind the folks who would have added more fuel. Ended up pitting the second time on lap 26, because I didnt think I had an extra lap of fuel. Added 70L to be sure this time. Pitted for the last time on lap 40, and took on 50L. Finished the race on a red fuel guage (from the exit of the tunnel), and from experience, I know that I wouldnt have reached turn one on lap 55.
    Somehow I didnt pass anyone on strategy, other than Gary at my second stop. How many stops did everyone make? and how long could you go on a set of tyres?
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Pitted on laps 10/21/33/44, fuel 37/41/41/41. I wasn't taking care of the tires as well as I should and were barely lasting the 11 laps, lost at least 4 secs per lap on every 11th lap ( but the last). No draft and poor tire management (and a spin on lap 1) cost me catching up with the front
  17. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I lost a stack of time on the 13th lap of my first stint, which included the sliding around after the lag hit. After that, I dialled the front brake force back. Had to careful braking, but was better for the tyres. Probably could have gone 15 or 16 laps at a pinch after that (with careful driving).
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I pitted 10/20/30/40 realizing at the last pit stop that for some reason I had been working off 50 laps in my head and not 54, DOH! So I had to run 14 laps with 55 liters of fuel and make my tyres last, by lap 50 I had to start 3/4 throttling and nursing the tyres, by 54 I had no front R/H tyre left and the red bar had come up in the fuel gauge got to the last bend and ran out of juice, angel geared it across the line.

But I don't care I had fun, especially trading paint with S_CLOSE, I wasn't going to let him have it that easy ;)
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    You sure didn't mate, had to work hard to gain that spot more than once, heaps fun ;)
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    i pitted about 20 times - you think i would know how much f..ing fuel to put by now...
    sorry for the first couple of laps guy's - was getting completely crossed up under brakes.